Options

This special edition malarkey

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
edited January 2008 in The Porch
After the recent rumpus over the vinyl for into the wild, it strikes me a bit stupid to have made the record limited at all?? I mean what is the point in this? There is clearly more demand than they made records, Vedder could clearly make more cash selling them himself, yet they make too few, then let people sell them for vast profits - money in their pockets and not Eds. And at a time Eddie complains (well comments that) bands can no longer look to raise an income from record sales like they used to and that they would now have to up ticket prices. It would be a start not to make nonsense strictly limited releases and make more and make more cash. Is this just too obvious.

Or is there an argument that these records sold so well because they are limited and therefore more in demand? Its the same with the posters, obviosuly Ames or Klausen or whatever could make themselves a bundle load more money by printing more, and just doing an initial run that is numbered, and then make more if demand is still there that isnt numbered
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think it's just the mystique of it all. Then again, who's to say that Eddie isn't slumming around the mean streets of Chicago selling these out of a suitcase?
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,554
    That the demand is bigger than the supply makes it a collectors item. If this was unlimited, I wouldn't treasure it as much as I do. A big reason why I became a collector in the first place was to get hold of those 'rare' items. When I eventually got them, the feeling was that much better. Im sure you feel the same seing you collect too. The day you are sitting with your reenk roink, you are gonna have a smile on your face for weeks:-) If nothing were limited, the charm would disappear!

If a fan here wants it enough, they will cash up. If they don't, they clearly have other priorities. Everyone had a fair chance and the ones who wanted it the most were most likely the ones who has managed to secure one!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    The very sad part of all of this is with the recording industry so fucked up, is treaseured collectors items do absolutley nothing to help its cause. Its personal and all but the business is dying.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    Niko, I guess you are right, was just something that was going round my head,

By the way please let me buy your reeenk!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    pdalowsky wrote:

By the way please let me buy your reeenk!

HAHAHA....Had to get that in didnt you!! HAHAHA :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    I think it's just the mystique of it all. Then again, who's to say that Eddie isn't slumming around the mean streets of Chicago selling these out of a suitcase?

i could have swore i saw him (ED) last weekend w his suit case doing just that!!
    he was getting like 50 a pop! he also bummed a smoke off me.
    one love

respect
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    Niko80 wrote:
    The day you are sitting with your reenk roink, you are gonna have a smile on your face for weeks:-)

damnnnnn straight.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13