Options

screw the haters!

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited December 2007 in The Porch
binaural and riot act OWN. i havent listened to them in about a month or more.... and they kick ass. i wish they would play more songs from these albums live.

oh and help help is great, so is rival...two songs they need to play live!!!
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Rival is an awesome song... The riff is so... chunky? I've been listening to Binaural a lot recently, it's definitely an underrated gem.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    yeh i dont hate any of their albums. I like some more then others, but i dont know how anyone can come on here and just bag the shit outta some of these albums/songs/ and what pisses me off more then anything is people bagging matt Cameron. He is an awesome drummer ed calls him "the best drummer if not of our time, but of all time"

As far as im concerned how can these people call themselves fans. SCREW THE HATERS but having said that everyone can have their own opinion, it is just a shit opinion.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I'll go one further and say that Arc is the best song on Riot Act.

Not a fan of Binaural as an album but it has some of my favourite songs.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    I agree... I definitely would rather hear more songs off these albums live than all of Ten, and Elderly Woman, and Betterman, and so on.....
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    where's speedy....
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i'm not going to hate on riot act... there are plenty of other threads doing so.

but......... binaural... awesome!!!
  • Options
    Yep, the last tour really suffered for lack of songs from these albums.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Both are totally underrated, incredible albums.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    LOL at the Speedy reference. While I do tend to put those two on the bottom of my list when forced to make a list, it's not because I don't love them. They both have several gems and I'd much rather listen to those than albums than alot of others that I can think of. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Screw 'em! I love ALL of the albums.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    Binaural is outstanding, but I still can't get too much into Riot Act.
  • Options
    I TOTYALLY AGREE!

i love everything off binaural and almost all of the stuff of riotact.

the only songs i dont care for are Cropduster and Get Right, but other than that their my number 3 and 4 albums for me. :)

SCREW THE HATERS! :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    where's speedy....
    hehehehehehehe.......................

binaural FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I love Binaural! Seriously, Binaural and No Code are two albums I can put in while in any mood. I do enjoy some Riot Act, however I rarely just put it on and have a listen.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    i think i saw my riot act cd the other day. I may just break it out right now. Haven't given it a listen in a good while.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    glb wrote:
    i think i saw my riot act cd the other day. I may just break it.

me too..........

heheheheheheheheheheheheeheheh................
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    me too..........

heheheheheheheheheheheheeheheh................

haha. You know if you do, next time you see it, it will have magically merged itself back together and be staring at you from the mantle. The skeleton's eyeless eye socket following you.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    glb wrote:
    haha. You know if you do, next time you see it, it will have magically merged itself back together and be staring at you from the mantle. The skeleton's eyeless eye socket following you.
    i would like to thank you.....for having a sense of humor....

i obviously am not to fond of riot act....

and you are the first person here who did not wish death upon me for saying that album sux reindeer balls.......

hehehehehehe............
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    I agree with the thread subject. Especially Binaural, that album owns, it is SOOOO underrated.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    i would like to thank you.....for having a sense of humor....

i obviously am not to fond of riot act....

and you are the first person here who did not wish death upon me for saying that album sux reindeer balls.......

hehehehehehe............

so you hate riot act but love binarual?
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Booo
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    so you hate riot act but love binarual?
    yep....
  • Options
    listening to riot act right now, I really enjoy it:)
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Options
    yep....

your a mess. ;)
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    your a mess. ;)
    i have been called worse....

hehehehe...........
  • Options
    I'm with you all on this one....Binaural and Riot Act are fantastic albums. One of the reasons show i saw in Paris last year was oso great was because quite a few Riot Act songs were played; Save You, Love Boat Captain, Thumbing My Way, You Are, Half Full...it was great!

Binaural is easily my favourite album. On nights like tonight, when it goes dark early and i'm alone in the house and its cold outside, there's nothing better than giving Binaural spin. The album is absolutely drenched in mood and atmosphere, moreso than any other album.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I think it's sad that Speedy doesn't appreciate Riot Act however Speedy you still fucking rock bc of your username and bc of the amount of posts you have on this message board!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    I think it's sad that Speedy doesn't appreciate Riot Act however Speedy you still fucking rock bc of your username and bc of the amount of posts you have on this message board!!!

hmm, thats a strange couple of reasons for admiring someone :p
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Binaural is awesome. I love it..except for Evacuation. :o
    And Ghost is one of my favorite songs.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I love both Riot Act and Binaural.

Different reasons for both. These and No Code are probably my top 3.

For today anyway....:D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09