Options

10C Email: "looking forward to a busy year..."

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    You heard it here first: a November 2008 release for the new album.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dunkman wrote:
    Scotland 08!!!! i knew it :rolleyes:

Any rooms still available at Castle Fuckula, or are you already fully booked?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    busy year could mean alot of things, especially with ed doing the solo projects, new kids, etc.
    jeff gauranteed one show. bonnaroo is very likely and metallica is confirmed to NOT be playing and zep is next to confirmed to NOT be there as well.
    for those sceptical bout going, i havent been there either, but a fw of my friends tried it out and said it really is an experience. if pj does play, i hope its not along the lines of the performance they gave at palooza.
    fenway would be insane and its beyond lame that bon-over-the-hill-jovi is getting the spot (that band needs to be put to sleep)
    they could also be "busy" in the studio. they deserve a year off the road anyways.
    but bonnaroo should be announced no later than valentines day so we will no in about a month. it would be ncie if the south got a few follow up dates. id gladly fly down to hotlanta or florida for a show or two.
  • Options
    Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    i hope they play here in the Twin Cities because the Republican convention is here...tht'd be wonderful
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    I would be hopeful about this, but 10C tends to lie and overhype stuff. Alot. Remember the "special" that came with Live at the Gorge???
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    if they announce a show in Israel, while I'm in seattle, I'll drop dead. :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Any rooms still available at Castle Fuckula, or are you already fully booked?

you'd always be welcome amigo :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I say a political race support tour, I mean, that makes sense, right? This is the time, this is the place!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm predicting a few dates (a vfc tour seems logical and that would be cool since they left the south off of the 06 tour. Not bitching just saying it seems perfect cause they will play with other bands and play smaller venues). The General concensious was that they didn't play here because of lacking ticket sales. ;) Plus why else would they have left off the whole region, so they could do the VFC tour seems logical anyway.

I'm also predicting an update of a new album like when they will be in studio.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Nothing until September, please. Won't be able to save up enough holidays and money for a tour until then.

Will I be tempted to blow the stash on a couple of US festival dates? Hmmmm.....

Maybe it's time to introduce the mullet to a third continent!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    seriously, i really can't afford another "busy year" :p...so at the very least i need some dates close to home if they plan to tour. :D and PLEASE....not march 1st thru april 15th.....nor september 1st thru october 15th. november would be IDEAL. time to get some funds, no work busy seasons...and sure, my 40th birthday, and it's a saturday too! so sure, a NYC and/or vicinity date november 22nd thank you very much! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    seriously, i really can't afford another "busy year"

This is the first year i actually CAN afford a "busy year" !!! :cool:
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    please play MSG.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Too early to make any big announcements... this is just the foreplay we need to keep us anxiously awaiting what 2008 has to offer :D

WOO!

oh yeah new album and uk dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    Meh.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Sucks that the feelings are swaying that way.

Like Pineapple.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I won't!

I wonder if PJ are going to confirm the Bonnaroo rumor?

thats what I think.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    I'm thinking a tour in the South, with 3 nights in Dallas
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Yankee Stadium before they tear it down!!!

Now that would be SWEET !!!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dunkman wrote:
    you'd always be welcome amigo :)

Too kind my friend. too kind. You should be warned. I always travel with an entourage of 15 people. One is there to distract me while the other 14 knock the shit out of me so that I will "willingly" board the flight.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    If the band ends up playing some VFC gigs, I hope Ten Club members get a Ticketmaster presale code again. I actually got really good seats for the first Boston show in 2004.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I say bring on the busy year!!!!

How about a new album and a nice little 3 or 4 night stand in Seattle? A Showbox or 2 and a Key Arena or 2.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    If the band ends up playing some VFC gigs, I hope Ten Club members get a Ticketmaster presale code again. I actually got really good seats for the first Boston show in 2004.

I got crappy seats for that even with the code. I got seats, that's what was important. At that point I just wanted to be in the building!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    no big festivals i'm not down with that ,i'd be willing to travel any where but only for smaller shows .10k to 20k seat venues ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

me too!
    WAY better than my 10c seats.

and now that i think about it, more than likely, IF they tour....absolutely, would be a VFC thingie. the first one in 2004, was end of september no? yikes, i would NOT be able to go! :( so i either need weekend shows, although i would still be dead tired from work, and the shows...but so worth it......or at least save the shows in NY for after october 15th...please. :D hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I heard rumors of Boston Lou's backyard. Hey Lou am I still part of the security team for that lol!
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Hinny wrote:
    Nothing until September, please. Won't be able to save up enough holidays and money for a tour until then.

Will I be tempted to blow the stash on a couple of US festival dates? Hmmmm.....

Maybe it's time to introduce the mullet to a third continent!
    well, if they do Bonarroo (pretty sure they will), and no Europe dates (I think Glastonbury is possible), I'll be there! I'm sure Babs will be too :)
    I'll find the money somehow....
  • Options
    AARRRIIIZZZZOOONNNAAAA! :)

Actually I am so happy to hear it will be a busy year! It's so hard to plan for the unknown! There's hope for something PJ related....that's a good thing!
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    I hear its going to be Temple of the Dog's Second LP.

Also, I'm Lying.

But wow, right?
    Once you, were in my...Rearview mirror...

230xxx

Tampa '03
    Gorge '06
    West Palm '08
    Tampa '08
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    I think the busy thing really does tie in with a new album, and not much else. It really does add up with all the things Mike has said, and although a little longer than first said, i.e. his comments at the reading festival in the programme, its been coming. So start recording in the spring, or start writing then, followed by a bout of in and out of studio time, fololowing by some mixing, some re recording, some more mixing, and then some artwork prep, we might just might see the record by the end of tyhe year, any ideas of a full scale tour seem well off the mark.

We can always hope though, I'm greedy so we might even get a full UK tour for the first time in 8 years!!
  • Options
    MinimieMinimie Posts: 116
    Please let it be a new album...
    I'm renovating my house and have no money to come to the US to see them play :(

But they can always come back to Europe!!
    Those who dance are called insane by those who can't hear the music - eV
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    2006: Antwerp (B)
    2007: London (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Werchter (B)
    2008: MSG1 & 2 - New York (US)
    2009: Rotterdam (NL), London (UK), Philly(x4)(US)
    2010: Dublin (I), Belfast (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Arras (FR), Werchter (B)
    2011: Montréal (Can)