Options

Backseat Lover

riotcode1222riotcode1222 Posts: 32
edited January 2008 in The Porch
hey everyone its matt from backseat lover letting every bostonian know theres a show this saturday at copperfields and a a benefit for the wish list foundation at the hard rock cafe december 28th!!!
" i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

MIKE McfuckinCready you deserve way more credit

!EVEN FLOW PSYCHO MEMBER! ~~@#028@~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    what time do you guys hit the stage?
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    hey everyone its matt from backseat lover letting every bostonian know theres a show this saturday at copperfields and a a benefit for the wish list foundation at the hard rock cafe december 28th!!!

DUDE!!!! youre in BACKSEAT LOVER NOW???????
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Senrock Whats Up!!!!!! Hell Yea I Have The Role Of The Master Himself!!!!!
    " i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

MIKE McfuckinCready you deserve way more credit

!EVEN FLOW PSYCHO MEMBER! ~~@#028@~~
  • Options

Does this mean you guys have a new lead singer? (I hope)
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

well thats good cuz i remember the days of you playing guitar behind your head like The Master taught you!!!! ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

Are you crazy? He has it nailed compared to other tributes!
    "...find my direction magnetically..."
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Let us know if you come up to Toronto/surrounding area. I would definitely get show tix....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

agreed. best pj cover band i have seen - his voice is awesome. makes me wish i lived clsoer to boston!!
  • Options

this guy's bravado sounds very similar to Trumans Ghost.
    At home...
    drawing pictures.
  • Options

why do you guys call yourselves 'Backseat Lover?' Where's the PJ reference?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645

the song
    ONCE

(from pearljam.com)

I admit it...what's to say...yeah...
    I'll relive it...without pain...mmm...
    Backstreet lover on the side of the road
    I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
    Once upon a time I could control myself
    Ooh, once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah...

Oh, try and mimic what's insane...ooh, yeah...
    I am in it...where do I stand?
    Oh, Indian summer and I hate the heat
    I got a backstreet lover on the passenger seat
    I got my hand in my pocket, so determined, discreet...I pray...
    Ooh, once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah, yeah...

You think I got my eyes closed
    But I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time...

Ooh, once upon a time I could control myself, yeah...
    Once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    Once, upon a time I could love myself, yeah...
    Once upon a time I could love you, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    Once (4x)
    Yeah...once, once...yeah, yeah...
    Yeah...yeah, yeah...yeah, yeah...oww...
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    DedvwDedvw Posts: 245

You, my message board friend, seem very picky about the sounds of cover bands.
  • Options
    Dedvw wrote:

right?
    they are COVER bands :p
  • Options
    jojo wrote:

the song
    ONCE

(from pearljam.com)

I admit it...what's to say...yeah...
    I'll relive it...without pain...mmm...
    Backstreet lover on the side of the road
    I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
    Ooh, once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah...

Oh, try and mimic what's insane...ooh, yeah...
    I am in it...where do I stand?
    Oh, Indian summer and I hate the heat
    I got a backstreet lover on the passenger seat
    I got my hand in my pocket, so determined, discreet...I pray...
    Ooh, once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah, yeah...

You think I got my eyes closed
    But I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time...

Ooh, once upon a time I could control myself, yeah...
    Once upon a time I could lose myself, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    Once, upon a time I could love myself, yeah...
    Once upon a time I could love you, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    Once (4x)
    Yeah...once, once...yeah, yeah...
    Yeah...yeah, yeah...yeah, yeah...oww...

ok, so the lyrics are "backstreet lover"....... where does backseat lover come from?
    At home...
    drawing pictures.
  • Options
    Dedvw wrote:

Oh no.. not what I meant at all. Going to see those guys at Harpers Ferry was amusing once or twice-
    I just meant that the lead singer was a major um.. jerk?, that's all. Sound had nothing to do with it.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Oh no.. not what I meant at all. Going to see those guys at Harpers Ferry was amusing once or twice-
    I just meant that the lead singer was a major um.. jerk?, that's all. Sound had nothing to do with it.

well as so happens in the world not all personality types mix well
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    I love the singer, I don't think he's a jerk at all... but that's just me.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    BuzzKiller wrote:
    ok, so the lyrics are "backstreet lover"....... where does backseat lover come from?

the lyrics are originally "BACKSEAT LOVER" on the side of the road.....but for some reason they have reprinted them as "backstreet lover"....

no idea. it is what is
  • Options
    the lyrics are originally "BACKSEAT LOVER" on the side of the road.....but for some reason they have reprinted them as "backstreet lover"....

no idea. it is what is

it is what it is: stupid
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Oh sorry, I hear ya, a bad first impression can sometimes ruin it.
  • Options
    BuzzKiller wrote:

well...not only is "backseat lover" a frequently misheard lyric from Once, but backSTREET lover would not have gone over well. you can imagine nicknames like backSTREET boys, etc.

backseat lover seemed like a cool name, so we went with it. you can't read into it any further than that. i know, because i came up with it. :)
  • Options
    screw cover bands get a life and write your own music...oh yeah u cant
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Yes...your right...PJ cover bands SUCK! ...AND...if you are in the Phoenix/Tempe area and want to see just how bad Dirty Frank (a tribute to Pearl Jam) sucks...go to Last Exit in Tempe on Saturday Feb. 9th w/ very special guests Budweezer!! We...(umm..I mean) THEY will be sucking thru 2 plus hours of all things PJ.
    Or...go to http://www.myspace.com/dirtyfrankatributetopear and see for yourself.

Getting a life,
    G and DF
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    screw cover bands get a life and write your own music...oh yeah u cant

You're a hard on.
  • Options
    P-r-i-v-a-c-yP-r-i-v-a-c-y Posts: 8
    edited December 2010
    Post edited by P-r-i-v-a-c-y on
  • Options
    back seat lovah kicks ass, you guys need to come down to the cape again soon!! come to hyannis, ill bring people, we need our fix of pj...
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    i assume truman's ghost is in the band or their agent or something. But can't anyone give a compliment around here w/o there being some smarta$$ remark. One reason I barely post. BTW, glad to see you utilize your vocabulary class on the pit.. perfect for flicking insults.. what do you sit by the computer with a f/in thesaurus "bravado." wtf, i think they are great for a cover band.. not pearl jam.. but whatever. relax. i see many bitter posts on here about this band (and other cover bands which i haven't seen). i've seen backseatlover a lot and recently at the Hard Rock. I think they are great and i was just sticking up for them. get lost.

you can give all the compliments you desire, and rightfully so. but when you start dissing other pearl jam tribute bands in doing so, that's not right. trumans ghost had a history of doing that, and you sounded just like him.

so...

get bent.
    At home...
    drawing pictures.
  • Options
    while we both get bent and lost ;) ... i wasn't talking down other cover bands i just think the sound most closely resembles PJ (actually Ten sounds pretty good on their myspace too, never saw them live). who is trumans ghost????
    BuzzKiller wrote:
    you can give all the compliments you desire, and rightfully so. but when you start dissing other pearl jam tribute bands in doing so, that's not right. trumans ghost had a history of doing that, and you sounded just like him.

so...

get bent.
  • Options
    while we both get bent and lost ;) ... i wasn't talking down other cover bands i just think the sound most closely resembles PJ (actually Ten sounds pretty good on their myspace too, never saw them live). who is trumans ghost????

OK, I'll bite. Trumans Ghost is the message board name of the frontman of Backseat Lover, whose name I would publish here but that it would then be the lead hit on a Google search, and the guy doesn't need it.

A few years ago I was a young-ish writer, just changed careers, and in the style of Chuck Klosterman's "Fargo Rock City" I was doing several pieces for my then-employer on cover bands local to Boston. I made my intentions known to the band, and he- I mean they- were into it. Sort of. When I started to talk about the angle, I realized then and there that at least for that PJ cover band, the article wouldn't fly as they were operating under the delusion that they were, in fact, the real deal, as opposed to what they really are: a cover band that is fun to hear when you're on the third year of a four year live PJ drought.

And call it what you want- bravado, swagger, attitude, the guy has it. Not in a good way. Someone once told him that he sounds a bit like Ed when he and his buddies covered "Why Go" in their mom's basement back in the 90s, and instead of making light over it, or starting a different band, he's turned the fake part into his personality. He really thinks he's, again, the real deal. And he really thinks that he's entitled to consider himself as having had same metreoric rise to fame as the other guys.
    A good voice he may have, but he hasn't *quite* gotten his oversized head around the fact that people don't take cover bands seriously. It's not acting. There's no cameras. There's no awards.

I've been around many, many bands in my career since, even the guys who actually are the real thing, and can tell you without a doubt that the only guy who came close with the attitude of Trumans Ghost was Tom Petty when I saw him throw a fit over his place on a concert lineup AFTER he was inducted into the Rock Hall.

Or, as Joan Cusack said in 'Working Girl,': "Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will."
  • Options
    OK, I'll bite. Trumans Ghost is the message board name of the frontman of Backseat Lover, whose name I would publish here but that it would then be the lead hit on a Google search, and the guy doesn't need it.

A few years ago I was a young-ish writer, just changed careers, and in the style of Chuck Klosterman's "Fargo Rock City" I was doing several pieces for my then-employer on cover bands local to Boston. I made my intentions known to the band, and he- I mean they- were into it. Sort of. When I started to talk about the angle, I realized then and there that at least for that PJ cover band, the article wouldn't fly as they were operating under the delusion that they were, in fact, the real deal, as opposed to what they really are: a cover band that is fun to hear when you're on the third year of a four year live PJ drought.

And call it what you want- bravado, swagger, attitude, the guy has it. Not in a good way. Someone once told him that he sounds a bit like Ed when he and his buddies covered "Why Go" in their mom's basement back in the 90s, and instead of making light over it, or starting a different band, he's turned the fake part into his personality. He really thinks he's, again, the real deal. And he really thinks that he's entitled to consider himself as having had same metreoric rise to fame as the other guys.
    A good voice he may have, but he hasn't *quite* gotten his oversized head around the fact that people don't take cover bands seriously. It's not acting. There's no cameras. There's no awards.

I've been around many, many bands in my career since, even the guys who actually are the real thing, and can tell you without a doubt that the only guy who came close with the attitude of Trumans Ghost was Tom Petty when I saw him throw a fit over his place on a concert lineup AFTER he was inducted into the Rock Hall.

Or, as Joan Cusack said in 'Working Girl,': "Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will."

ha ha, this is hilarious. its so funny, (having been in the band, and now looking from the outside), hearing somebody who has met somebody for a casual talk a few time in their life thinking they know the person or what they are about, and thinking they have a basis to throw an opinion like this out there. totally ludicrous. the singer is about one of the best and grounded people i have met in my life. and if you spent more then a few minutes with him, other then at a packed bar late at night, you would maybe have the right to form an intelligent opinion. but you don't. What gives you a right to spew this ridiculous opinion anyway? you think you know what kind of person he is, from the few moments youve talked to him? you think he thinks he is eddie vedder? your ridiculous. this is uncalled for. i can only imagine the opinions people who don't know you could offer about you. I have one: your most likely a terrible and biased writer. I'm pretty sure im right.
    www.backseatlover.net
    check them out!! The'yre greeeat!