Options

so when is the seattle/gorge warm up show?

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
edited March 2008 in The Porch
...just wondering
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    ditto
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    burgburg Posts: 20
    ditto again.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    ...just wondering

Hopefully not when you are in Germany! :eek:

:D

I don't know but I will go if it happens! I'm going to try for East Coast tix; am pretty stoked about seeing the boys wherever they play! :D
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It won't happen. Ed is afraid to play here. Stone plays here with Brad. Mike plays here with Flight to Mars. Matt plays here in his side projects. But Ed won't play here with the band or solo. Wonder what scares him about Seattle?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    jeffbr wrote:
    It won't happen. Ed is afraid to play here. Stone plays here with Brad. Mike plays here with Flight to Mars. Matt plays here in his side projects. But Ed won't play here with the band or solo. Wonder what scares him about Seattle?

I saw Ed @ Neumo's a couple years ago.

But PJ hasn't had a proper show in Seattle since 2003 if you count Benaroya....2002 at the Key.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    sennin wrote:
    I saw Ed @ Neumo's a couple years ago.

But PJ hasn't had a proper show in Seattle since 2003 if you count Benaroya....2002 at the Key.

and even the 02 shows were warm ups, its getting a little strange...i guess the band really counts the gorge as hometown shows. lots of us dont but i guess they do
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Because the city of Seattle has been nothing but insulting towards PJ over the years. The free show fiasco that was supposed to be at Gasworks. The problems with the Nov. 2000 shows at the Key Arena.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    a weekend at the gorge has to in the works. hopefully in sept, its way to hot there in july.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    a weekend at the gorge has to in the works. hopefully in sept, its way to hot there in july.

no joke, the sept show was great weather. the july shows i think i sweated off some good pounds.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Because the city of Seattle has been nothing but insulting towards PJ over the years. The free show fiasco that was supposed to be at Gasworks. The problems with the Nov. 2000 shows at the Key Arena.

are you referring to the MASSIVE lineups to get into those shows? the lines snaked around the entire building and then some. biggest line ive seen to get into a venue.

if thats not what you mean, explain
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Vedder talked about it during the show they had to hire twice the amount of security that was usually needed because of the WTO riots. Also something about the teen dance ordinance to quote Vedder, "When is music gonna get some fucking respect in this town?" He also made the comparison between the way people act at a Seahawks game and Mariners games compared to how un-rowdy an all seating show would be.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    In2Deep wrote:
    no joke, the sept show was great weather. the july shows i think i sweated off some good pounds.
    i still have grill marks on my internal organs from that freaking heat :o september would be perfect!

i'm hoping they do something in seattle, gives me good reason to visit my friend there, it's a great town :)
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    shhhhhhh Missoula.

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Anywhere in the Northwest, I'd be there! I loved the show at Portland Meadows, would be great to head south :) Gorge would be fun too, but would prefer September to August for sure. Or, Missoula is nice in August :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!