Prayers for my son Vedder!

Comments

• Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    eeedmd wrote:
    Please continue the good vibes, we took Vedder to the ER last night because of distension of his abdomen and vomiting. He was admitted to the NICU with a possible bowel obstruction.

The EEEDMD Family

:(
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Vedder, and the rest of your family.
  • Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you all!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Praying for your Lil Vedder....I've been keeping up with this story, and updating my friends daily....thoughts and prayers that he's home with you very soon!
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    eeedmd wrote:
    Please continue the good vibes, we took Vedder to the ER last night because of distension of his abdomen and vomiting. He was admitted to the NICU with a possible bowel obstruction.

The EEEDMD Family

So sorry to hear he's back in the NICU - keeping little Vedder in my thoughts!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Ohhh boy not another bump....comon Vedder.. I wont call you grumpy vedder ever~ever again.....you'll all get through this... meanwhile my heart and prayers will be with you as always. Stay strong and think happy thoughts only......Love to you all~angel
  • Come on Vedder! U have your family, friends, and the WHOLE PIT gang pulling for ya!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• best wishes are being sent to your family and especially little Vedder!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • eeedmd wrote:

The EEEDMD Family

Hope everything turns out ok....cute babies...I like the grumpy pic :).
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My heart goes out to you and your family. I will say a prayer for Vedder. Be strong.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Surgery will be evaluating him this morning.
    Thanks for the 10 th round of good vibes.

Regards
    EEEDMD
    EEEDMD
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I didn't realize this was happening and saw you were from Detroit...

Sending positive thoughts from another Detroiter!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I am sorry that this blessed time in your life, one of having children is shadowed by this high paced constant turn of events experience. I pray for one that you and your wife will have beautiful moments in this craziness and that your relationship is strengthened by sharing this circumstance.
    We are all interested in what always is going on for us. By that I mean, I have come to see that no matter what it is, if it is a situation that finds us without strength or answers, no one has the right to minimize it. It is all huge to us. The reason I said that is because I wanted to tell you that bowel obstruction surgery is usually a successful one with very little after effects. I say this because my aunt in law (?) has foster children that are from moms that have been addicted to drugs and you can imagine the side effects these poor little babies must go through for someone else's poor judgement or lack of willpower (to that which I am sorry for them; truly addiction has taken them over.........) and she has had at least two of the newbies that came to her have this operation. They have come out fine and had a pretty speedy recovery as operations go.
    I just want you to know that if this is the case then it should be a correctable situation that will not create more issues.

I pray for your son, which I hope you know. And I also pray for this time in your life to be one of family coming to your aid and holding you up, one of friends supporting you for whatever you may need, and that you are strengthened in your love for life , for your wife, your children and when this rocky, crazy, undeserved trauma filled time is over, that you come out with an intense appreciation of the mundane in life; what we so often overlook or complain about, but that is appreciated only after a time of such intense emotions.

The ten club people here have shown their friendship to me in some bad times, and I hope I can do the same for you two. I see how many others are rallying for your change of events ; that life gets better, your kids are healthy and that you are carried by all of us in this time when some days you may not be able to carry yourself.

That is what friends are for...............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    All the best to you all.
  • writersu wrote:
    ....that you come out with an intense appreciation of the mundane in life; what we so often overlook or complain about, but that is appreciated only after a time of such intense emotions.

The ten club people here have shown their friendship to me in some bad times, and I hope I can do the same for you two. I see how many others are rallying for your change of events ; that life gets better, your kids are healthy and that you are carried by all of us in this time when some days you may not be able to carry yourself.

What a beautiful heartfelt post~ !! Thank YOU on their behalf and mine. Simply beautiful
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Hope all is well~~~~~>
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    angelm19 wrote:
    What a beautiful heartfelt post~ !! Thank YOU on their behalf and mine. Simply beautiful

Your welcome. I believe you are the auntie, correct?

I am sure that all who care about this young family are grasping for words to ease their worry, struggle and fears. I will share with you what I have found among troubled times, if it fits, wear it,........it's yours.

When people are going through things like this intense situation, we all want to say what is needed, do what is needed and very often we don't know where to begin. Such times are deep and we do not want to dismiss it with a flippant response nor do we want to overdo it and seem that we are taking their drama away from them. Not that they want the drama, but you know the people who are in others bad times to be star of their show. Do you know those type of people? Then you know what I mean if you do.....

People who are in struggling times need two things..........they need a hug; things will get better; I would be so lost too if I were you.........i.e., validation that this is a crappy thing and they are not nuts for feeling so lost. Then they need a shove.........i.e., what are you going to do next? Empowerment that they are capable to make things better. And maybe an added, "I don't know what I can do for you but if you think of anything, please let me know."

Sometimes even to run someone's errands are huge for them. I don't know.

I hope you have found some solace in these words as well.

Thanks so much for complementing my post. I truly mean that for them as these words do for you..............

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • writersu wrote:
    Your welcome. I believe you are the auntie, correct?

People who are in struggling times need two things..........they need a hug; things will get better; I would be so lost too if I were you.........i.e., validation that this is a crappy thing and they are not nuts for feeling so lost. Then they need a shove.........i.e., what are you going to do next? Empowerment that they are capable to make things better. And maybe an added, "I don't know what I can do for you but if you think of anything, please let me know."

Sometimes even to run someone's errands are huge for them. I don't know.

I hope you have found some solace in these words as well.

Thanks so much for complementing my post. I truly mean that for them as these words do for you..............

Sorry ~ Im not the Auntie ...just in spirit....Once again your eloquent post comforts me. You are wonderful and I thank you. Very good advice and insight.
    Take good care ok. I sure hope The Edmunds are doing great today too. All my Love~ Angel
  • irieinindy wrote:
    I just saw the photos, they are so precious. I can't believe how moody Vedder is already! Just like his namesake. Luckily he'll grow out of it as he get's older, lol.;) He's had it tough coming into this world and that will make him a really strong man!

They are so cute, I hope you keep us updated with more photos even as they get older, and don't need so many prayers and well wishes, even though I am not sure any of us get's over the need for good thoughts and energy sent our way.

What a beutiful family you have, god bless you!
    Take care and don't forget about us here, your tenclub family, because I guarantee I will never forget about your family, to many tears fell down my face to let litte Vedder and Winter escape my mind. Good Luck and Take Care!
    We agree, there isn't a better name for little VMan!! He's a our little "tough guy!"
  • I'm here waiting for my sister or brother in law to call with any news. So, I am assuming no news is good news.
    I too am waiting for that "ungrummpy" picture of Vedder, but not sure when we'll get that! The poor baby has been so sick from the time he was born. I guess he doesn't have much to smile about...yet!
    I just wanted to thank you all again, you all have wrote the most encouraging things, and I know my sister and brother in law appreciate it.
    Since you heard so much about Vedder, let me tell you a little bit about Winter. I have gotten to spend quite a bit of time with her, since Mama and Daddy are shuttling between Vedder and Winter.
    She's the sweetest baby!!! She wakes up with a smile, and barely cries. Aftter she's done with her bottle she let's out a burb like a man! She has big eyes that looks all over, and I'm pretty sure I'm her favorite aunt ;)
    Thank you all again for all your words, they are beyond what I would expect from anyone!
    ♥Aunt Angela♥
  • Awe~ how precious! thanks for the update on Winter. Dont want to leave her out. sounds like she is cooperating and being the Angel we knew she would be. How much does she weigh now? how about vedder?
    Sure hope alls well with Vedder. I know he'll be ok~ I just want it to be NOW already~!! Hes still on my frig and I talk to him when I see him.... no Im not nuts....just wish him and you all to pass through this already and we see a giant smile on his lil face.
    Take Care ok
    Angelazak wrote:
    I'm here waiting for my sister or brother in law to call with any news. So, I am assuming no news is good news.
    I too am waiting for that "ungrummpy" picture of Vedder, but not sure when we'll get that! The poor baby has been so sick from the time he was born. I guess he doesn't have much to smile about...yet!
    I just wanted to thank you all again, you all have wrote the most encouraging things, and I know my sister and brother in law appreciate it.
    Since you heard so much about Vedder, let me tell you a little bit about Winter. I have gotten to spend quite a bit of time with her, since Mama and Daddy are shuttling between Vedder and Winter.
    She's the sweetest baby!!! She wakes up with a smile, and barely cries. Aftter she's done with her bottle she let's out a burb like a man! She has big eyes that looks all over, and I'm pretty sure I'm her favorite aunt ;)
    Thank you all again for all your words, they are beyond what I would expect from anyone!
    ♥Aunt Angela♥

Ok I knew there was an aunt here somewhere. Well, now they have two "aunties" and a boatload of people who care over here.Just as bad wishes cast a shadow on life, so do good wishes cast a feeling of good I think. I hope all of this love from all of the people here carry this young family over this hurdle.

• Wow, what heartfelt replies. My family is deeply appreciative for the well wishes & encouragement. V-man is most likely headed for surgery on Monday. Still in the NICU. Dr.'s think the obstruction is due to latent strictures from his earlier battle with NEC. V-man is one tough little man. We are lucky to have such a wonderful support group @ home + in cyberspace.

Peace to you all,
    EEEDMD
  • EEEDMD, I haven't posted yet, but have checked back on this thread since you started filling us in. I wish you and your family only the best, and hope you all can find strength during this difficult time - I am sure little Vedder's namesake would echo the same sentiments as us all! Best of luck this week with the possible surgery. I'll be thinking of the little guy and your family!
  • You and your family are in my prayers.
    Nathan
  • Surgeons want to go this morning. I'll update later if I can.
    EEEDMD
  • eeedmd wrote:
    Surgeons want to go this morning. I'll update later if I can.

It is hard to find the words to type to try and bring any comfort to you and your family. Vedder is loved, he has made such a mark in so many people's lives at such an early point in his life. He is strong and will make it through the toughest of challenges, that is why you named him Vedder~he will pull strength from his name and energy from all of us, and we will prayer for him and he will come through this!
    Please hold on to your faith that he will overcome all of his obstacles, your energy especially has to be the strongest, you have to endure, you have to KNOW that he will be okay, and don't ever let any other thoughts creep into your head. Your energy is the strength, he is your son.
    Love to Vedder.
    And Thanks to Winter for being such a good baby for Mom and Dad, until they get through this and can all be a happy healthy family at home, with no more worries!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    eeedmd wrote:
    Wow, what heartfelt replies. My family is deeply appreciative for the well wishes & encouragement. V-man is most likely headed for surgery on Monday. Still in the NICU. Dr.'s think the obstruction is due to latent strictures from his earlier battle with NEC. V-man is one tough little man. We are lucky to have such a wonderful support group @ home + in cyberspace.

Peace to you all,

He will be rockin n rollin in no time ;)

Hope you all are doing well. I hope/pray for a speedy recovery not only for Vedder but for mom and pop as well :)

*good vibes*
  • My son Vedder had surgery to correct a bowel obstruction in the latter parts of his small intestine. The surgical team expressed their confidence that all but one specific area of the intestine was clear. The surgery was short and effective. He will remain on the ventelator for pain management reasons for 2-3 days and hopefully eating within the week. My family would like to again thank the message pit for the positive vibes and prayers. We feel like every single one of them makes the difference. Hopefully we can get some happy V-man pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Best Wishes to All
    EEEDMD
  • writersu wrote:
    I am sorry that this blessed time in your life, one of having children is shadowed by this high paced constant turn of events experience. I pray for one that you and your wife will have beautiful moments in this craziness and that your relationship is strengthened by sharing this circumstance.
    We are all interested in what always is going on for us. By that I mean, I have come to see that no matter what it is, if it is a situation that finds us without strength or answers, no one has the right to minimize it. It is all huge to us. The reason I said that is because I wanted to tell you that bowel obstruction surgery is usually a successful one with very little after effects. I say this because my aunt in law (?) has foster children that are from moms that have been addicted to drugs and you can imagine the side effects these poor little babies must go through for someone else's poor judgement or lack of willpower (to that which I am sorry for them; truly addiction has taken them over.........) and she has had at least two of the newbies that came to her have this operation. They have come out fine and had a pretty speedy recovery as operations go.
    I just want you to know that if this is the case then it should be a correctable situation that will not create more issues.

I pray for your son, which I hope you know. And I also pray for this time in your life to be one of family coming to your aid and holding you up, one of friends supporting you for whatever you may need, and that you are strengthened in your love for life , for your wife, your children and when this rocky, crazy, undeserved trauma filled time is over, that you come out with an intense appreciation of the mundane in life; what we so often overlook or complain about, but that is appreciated only after a time of such intense emotions.

Thank you for your profound wisdom. It has been conforting for my immediate and extended family.

God Bless You!
    EEEDMD
  • Thanks for the update~! Very happy it went well! Take care~!!! Go V~man Go!