Options

What time are doors at the Verizon Center?

OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Someone just tell me.
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    6:00
  • Options
    doesn't every venue open doors 1 hour before the opener?
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    nflgirlnflgirl Posts: 7
    This will be my first Pearl Jam show and although I grew up with them during my high school years I have no idea why I wanted until my 30's to see a concert.

I do have some questions for those who are knowledgeable: What average time do they normally come on, how long are the set lists, are their any tapers there where i can get a copy of the show... standard newbie questions ;)
    Thanks all!
  • Options
    nflgirl wrote:
    This will be my first Pearl Jam show and although I grew up with them during my high school years I have no idea why I wanted until my 30's to see a concert.

I do have some questions for those who are knowledgeable: What average time do they normally come on, how long are the set lists, are their any tapers there where i can get a copy of the show... standard newbie questions ;)
    Thanks all!
    They usually come on anytime between 845 and 900. The setlists can be anywhere from 25-28 songs, sometimes even longer. You can buy a bootleg of the show at pearljam.com/goods like the next day or something.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Someone just tell me.

since the opener is 7:30, it would be 6:30 according to this
    http://www.verizoncenter.com/news/faq.shtml
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    nflgirl wrote:

Thanks all!

their show has to be over by 11 p.m. due to Verizon's curfew :(
    they are scheduled to come on at 8:45 but I believe they were a few minutes later in Va Beach...when we saw them in DC in 2006, it did end promptly at 11 p.m.

for setlists, look under the Given To Fly forum and get ready to shake your butt alot at the show!!!!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    since the opener is 7:30, it would be 6:30 according to this
    http://www.verizoncenter.com/news/faq.shtml
    According to the email sent out by the 10club though, it's 6.
    Edit: Nevermind, just checked again, and it is 6:30.
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    they are scheduled to come on at 8:45 but I believe they were a few minutes later in Va Beach...when we saw them in DC in 2006, it did end promptly at 11 p.m.

for setlists, look under the Given To Fly forum and get ready to shake your butt alot at the show!!!!
    Perfect! That is our goal, we just picked up tickets for $50 and thought it's about time we see this amazing band. I have about 55 concerts of DMB under my belt so I have a feeling this will be the same kind of jamming :)
  • Options
    nflgirl wrote:
    Perfect! That is our goal, we just picked up tickets for $50 and thought it's about time we see this amazing band. I have about 55 concerts of DMB under my belt so I have a feeling this will be the same kind of jamming :)

Oh most definitely. Dehydrate yourself a little bit so you don't have to stand in line at the potty (so you won't miss anything -- that's what I did in VA Beach!)

The only bad thing about tomorrow is severe t-storms predicted. I don't want to get wet when I walk from the parking lot into the metro station at Shady Grove. At least we can get off right there at the Verizon Center and won't get wet.

I literally fell in love with EV's voice the first time I saw PJ in 1998. I barely knew any of their songs and we had lawn seats. Just bought tix b/c I liked ONE SONG. I did not even know what Pearl Jam looked like!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    Oh most definitely. Dehydrate yourself a little bit so you don't have to stand in line at the potty (so you won't miss anything -- that's what I did in VA Beach!)
    This is EXACTLY what I do for DMB shows - it's a great idea!
  • Options
    Which metro stop is Verizon Center? I'm coming from college park

iluvcats - I metro to Shady Grove every weekday for work! My firm is auditing Sodexo which is on Washingtonian blvd :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JzacurJzacur Posts: 64
    It is the Gallery PI Chinatown stop.

It is literally under the Verizon center. We're parking out at Shady Grove as well and catching the Metro. Cannot wait for tomorrow night.
    9/28/05 PNC Park Pittsburgh- 6/23/06 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh- 8/02/07 The Vic- 8/05/07- Lollapalooza 6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    iluvcats wrote:

I was at the VA Beach show & am going to DC too. Those are my only shows -- now wish I had gone to Camden too. Are VA Beach & DC your only shows this tour? If so, we have more in common than love of cats & love of EV!
  • Options
    nflgirl wrote:

Thanks all!

I waited until I was in my 40's to see my first show, so don't feel bad. Enjoy the show! It's so cool seeing them live.
  • Options
    jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    nflgirl wrote:
    This is EXACTLY what I do for DMB shows - it's a great idea!

or you wait until they play "where are you going"
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Options
    jmccue7 wrote:
    or you wait until they play "where are you going"

You win first prize
  • Options
    Jzacur wrote:
    It is the Gallery PI Chinatown stop.

It is literally under the Verizon center. We're parking out at Shady Grove as well and catching the Metro. Cannot wait for tomorrow night.

If you are coming from Pittsburgh that is the perfect place to stop! :)

I'll be walking out of my apartment to the metro :)
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    I was at the VA Beach show & am going to DC too. Those are my only shows -- now wish I had gone to Camden too. Are VA Beach & DC your only shows this tour? If so, we have more in common than love of cats & love of EV!

yes tonight is IT. Waiting for a new album = new tour :D
    you have cats, I don't. He expired :(
    oceansjenny, I think we met once in 2001 unless I'm confusing you with someone else.
    (it starts to blend after a while.)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    I waited until I was in my 40's to see my first show, so don't feel bad. Enjoy the show! It's so cool seeing them live.

I was 38 (yield tour)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats -- Are you going to the pre party? My daughter & I will be there. Not sure what time, though. Don't want to go too early. If I drink too much all I want to do is sleep. I'm a real fun drunk, aren't I?

I forgot that your kitty had died. Sorry. If my male cat mistakes our dining room rug for his litter box one more time, though, you're welcome to have him!
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    iluvcats -- Are you going to the pre party? My daughter & I will be there. Not sure what time, though. Don't want to go too early. If I drink too much all I want to do is sleep. I'm a real fun drunk, aren't I?

I forgot that your kitty had died. Sorry. If my male cat mistakes our dining room rug for his litter box one more time, though, you're welcome to have him!

no, sorry, we're not going! don't feel like walking 3 blocks plus it'll take a long time to get there, long drive to Shady Grove, then 35 minutes on the metro.
    I'm not drinking any alcohol, didn't on tuesday either. Now, who's real fun? :D
    Urinating outside the box is a sign of trouble I heard, maybe take him to the vet.
    We already had to replace our basement carpet b/c of my mom's cat when she temporarily lived with us.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    yes tonight is IT. Waiting for a new album = new tour :D
    you have cats, I don't. He expired :(
    oceansjenny, I think we met once in 2001 unless I'm confusing you with someone else.
    (it starts to blend after a while.)

Couldn't have been 2001, I wasn't a fan until 2003! You might be thinking of JenintheBox (or a username similar to that). If anyone met me it would have had to been the 06 tour or at the vic or lollapalooza 07!
  • Options
    Couldn't have been 2001, I wasn't a fan until 2003! You might be thinking of JenintheBox (or a username similar to that). If anyone met me it would have had to been the 06 tour or at the vic or lollapalooza 07!

ok (but I met Jeninthebx in 2005 in baltimore)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more