Options

Matt Cameron - 2008

guitar_daveyguitar_davey Posts: 111
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I finally downloaded one of the 2008 boots, specifically Camden 1.

I have to say, I've never really gotten involved in the PJ drummer debate--I personally support whatever direction the core members go in as long as it's for the overall health of the band. Matt's been there for ten years or whatever and I'm happy enough with his drumming.

Anyway, after finally hearing one of the 2008 boots, I had to make this post--Matt's drumming has gotten even more soulful, if that was even possible! Prime example--In Hiding from this show...I personally always loved the Gorge version, which is still a standout in my opinion, but the version from Camden 1 2008--I don't know, it's like Matt channeled Jack Irons or something.

Anyway, I've rambled. My main point was that Matt *IS* Pearl Jam's drummer and the band is all the better for it!

DP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Matt is solid as a rock...........great drumming in 2008.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Matt is solid as a rock...........great drumming in 2008.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    "He could have retired after Soundgarden as a legend...but he chose to help us out"

-Ed at Bonnaroo

Matt Cameron IS a Fucking legend!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Matts drumming progressively became more basic over the years....until 2008.

I have always loved his drumming from any year, and even more than any other PJ drummer, but his drumming this year stood out.

In my honest opinon, I think Matt played on the drums better in 2000 than any other year. I even think his drumming from 2000 was BETTER than any drumming he did for soudgarden. People say Matt got boring with his drumming in PJ. Clearly they only listened to the albums.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    Matt is the MAN!!!
    and take a listen to Black Diamond from MSG 2 :D:D:D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    I've been a Dave A. fan for years, but when I finally had the chance to see PJ at the VH1 Rock Honors, Matt just blew me away.
    I had always known that he's an excellent drummer, but he really is something else.

You've converted me, Matt! :D