Options

Listening to Ten for the first time in at least 5 years

substitutesubstitute Posts: 14
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I've actually never had it on CD, even though it's my favourite album of all time. Had the cassette, which got lost when I moved house about five years ago, and since had the vinyl. Thing is, since I moved, the record player is in a shit position. I can put it on but it's a bit of a chore hookin it up etc, so I finally decided to do it today and listen to Ten. Obviously the songs are fresh form the zillions of live albums, the greatest hits etc, but as an album, it has to be at least five years since ive heard it.

And I know every note, like most of you im sure, but still, when the lead kicks in on Why Go, or the acoustic intro to Black, the hairs still stand up.

fucking hell what an album! Im on Black now and looking forward to the last three or four tracks, my favourtie part of the album. Surely Garden is the greatest rock song of all time?????

sorry if im boring you, but I dont care!!!
I don't need what you have to give
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Never listen to it; needs a remix with Matt on drums
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I agree with garden, easily my top 3 on that album. I love how its heavy, but the chorus is sad. deep is also absolutely incredible, i dont know why it gets flamed.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Funny, I did the same thing a few nights ago. It takes me back to our senior beach trip, Myrtle Beach 1993. The CD was on repeat the entireity of a night and no one got up to do anything about it b/c they were all busy with the lady of the trip. :D
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Krusen>Cameron :D
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    Heh. I did the same thing yesterday. Never had the album (only on a burned cd from six years ago), but bought it since it was on this super-sale thingy.

Put my headphones on. And sat there almost paralyzed through the whole album. Ten was never my fav. album - now it's certainly getting closer. Then read the lyrics to Deep for the first time. I never really figured out what that song was about (didn't understand what Eddie was singing). But WOW. Sat out on the porch last night, looked out at the "fjord" and must have listened to it ten times in a row. Followed by the wonder that is Release. And I fell in love with Pearl Jam all over again :)
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    Heh. I did the same thing yesterday. Never had the album (only on a burned cd from six years ago), but bought it since it was on this super-sale thingy.

Put my headphones on. And sat there almost paralyzed through the whole album. Ten was never my fav. album - now it's certainly getting closer. Then read the lyrics to Deep for the first time. I never really figured out what that song was about (didn't understand what Eddie was singing). But WOW. Sat out on the porch last night, looked out at the "fjord" and must have listened to it ten times in a row. Followed by the wonder that is Release. And I fell in love with Pearl Jam all over again :)

'kin Lovely