Options

montreal to toronto .. help with rides

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
edited July 2008 in The Porch
just booked my hotel in toronto for the ed & preparties this august. this weekend, i'll be booking my plane tickets. now ..

finding a hotel in montreal (august 9 & 10) and finding a ride from montreal to toronto .. is the challenge. want to be in toronto by 4pm monday.

is there any good sites on buses to & from montreal/toronto?
and any local hotels close to the salle wilfrid-pelletier place in montreal?
i don't know the area at all, and don't know anybody around the area. d'oH!

any help would be sweet! :)
thank you so much!

D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    just booked my hotel in toronto for the ed & preparties this august. this weekend, i'll be booking my plane tickets. now ..

finding a hotel in montreal (august 9 & 10) and finding a ride from montreal to toronto .. is the challenge. want to be in toronto by 4pm monday.

is there any good sites on buses to & from montreal/toronto?
    and any local hotels close to the salle wilfrid-pelletier place in montreal?
    i don't know the area at all, and don't know anybody around the area. d'oH!

any help would be sweet! :)
    thank you so much!

D

Won't be going to Montreal, but the easiest way to get there from experience, unless you find a travel buddy, is to take VIA Rail. It's very reliable if you've never used it before, and quicker than a bus, as any traffic or weather related problems will not affect your travel schedule.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    if I get a tix for Montreal tomorrow and go I could give you a ride back
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Porter air is a new airline that flies from Montreal to Toronto Island airport. Not sure about prices, but check them out:

http://www.flyporter.com/fly/Search.aspx?culture=en-CA

Not sure about buses or anything...

hmm .. 89 bucks from mtrl to toronto. might do it. it's early to say. i'll give it a few day's to think about it! :)
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    if I get a tix for Montreal tomorrow and go I could give you a ride back

sweet! :) next few day's i'll be booking like a mad hawk.
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    If you decide to fly go with Porter. I have flown with them many times and it's a great airline. You fly right out of downtown and you don't have to deal with Pearson airport. If you don't fly go with Via rail as mentioned above. Again you leave right out of downtown and it's faster then driving + you can have a couple beverages during the trip:)
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191
    demetrios wrote:
    hmm .. 89 bucks from mtrl to toronto. might do it. it's early to say. i'll give it a few day's to think about it! :)

If I don't get TO tix, I'm going to try for Montreal - it would be crazy not to fly with the price of gas etc. and so far it's cheaper than Via - all their saver fares seem to be sold out - cheapest I've found there and back was for the potential 2nd show - $200 or so.
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?