Options

ticketmaster law suit

bobleashbobleash Posts: 119
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Should I bring a lawsuit against ticketmaster. They resold my tickets after we made a sale bc i had the wrong billing address. Eventhough, they took the money out of my account. By law we made a sale and they have breached a duty to me. They disregared our contract.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    When this happens they call you and you have a week to verify your billing address... it happened to me and I called right away and everything was fine and I have my tickets for the shows I ordered.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    bobleash wrote:
    Should I bring a lawsuit against ticketmaster. They resold my tickets after we made a sale bc i had the wrong billing address. Eventhough, they took the money out of my account. By law we made a sale and they have breached a duty to me. They disregared our contract.

Pretty sure that the terms and conditions contain a warning about that.
    Plus all orders are subject to confirmation and cancellation because they grant you a license to enter the building. Im surprised they didnt charge you a cancellaion fee. Plus with all the ID theft these days, the billing address has to match.

Good luck, but find a Lawyer who will take it on contigency (including expenses) otherwise the legal fees will outweight the gains.
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    That'd be a waste of time and money. Plus you entered the false(I'm sure by mistake, but mistakes are mistakes and they can't complete the transaction until you correct the information) information...so this is all on you.

I've entered the wrong billing address as well, and just like the other person, they called me and gave me a line to call them back on to verify my information with them and correct everything. Went through smoothly.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    You falisified your residence? You could be sent to prison.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Danimal wrote:
    You falisified your residence? You could be sent to prison.

TM probably collects a convenience charge to get into prison...
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Wow...they once re-sold my "Hot Seats" pre-sale ticket to the Rolling Stones (in 1989), but not the regular pair I purchased...in the end I had three pairs of tickets for the price of two (TM gave me another pair at n/c....I kept the best ones for myself and boyfriend - 16th row on the floor...it was cool...Thanks TM!!

It never occured to me to sue them. Sure I was upset at first - but sue? As a Canadian, I would not feel right about that...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    yes, take them to court and post here daily on how it's all going. please. i'm begging you.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    NoGrapesNoGrapes Posts: 50
    do it
  • Options
    bobleash wrote:
    your gonna need a lot of coin to do that
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows