Options

I hope we get some news on the album before the years out.....

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited September 2008 in The Porch
It's always a long wait for Pearl Jam when you can't afford to see them in concert.....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I heard from a friend in WA they were working on it...end of story
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I get the feeling there isn't much news to get on the new album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    I don't know if this is even worth mentioning, but I just came across it, and thought I'd share. I was checking out a cd by a band called The Living End, and under the "Editorial Reviews" (not user comments/reviews), this was posted (the last sentence is the pertinent one):

"Australian pressing of the 2008 album from the Aussie Punk Popsters, their fifth album overall and the first on their new label, Dew Process. White Noise was recorded with producer John Agnello at Water Music Studios in Hoboken, New Jersey. Agnello forged a name for himself in the heady days of the '90s, working with Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr. and The Hold Steady. Legendary producer Brendan O'Brien mixed the album in between his commitments recording new albums by AC/DC and Pearl Jam."

Again, not much, but any news is somethin', I guess.
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    below is from Billboard.com

may 02, 2008 , 5:30 PM ET

Jessica Letkemann, N.Y.
    Pearl Jam has started recording its ninth studio album with producer Brendan O'Brien, guitarist Mike McCready told Seattle radio station KISW yesterday (May 1). Though only "four or five" songs are being worked on so far, McCready said the band is hoping to release the record in 2008.

The new effort, a follow-up to its self-titled 2006 album, finds Pearl Jam reteaming with longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine) for the first time since 1998's "Yield." O'Brien has also produced Pearl Jam's "Vs." (1993), "Vitalogy" (1994) and "No Code."

So I'm still hoping for a new release in this year :)

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Jeff needs to answer our questions first on his new album! ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    LongRd. wrote:
    Jeff needs to answer our questions first on his new album! ;)

Yes. :) I thought we'd hear something after August 28th!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    So they were working on 4 or 5 songs 4 months ago.. hopefully they've added to that. Hopeful release in 2008 huh?.. I guess November or December wouldn't be out of the question. Maybe they are going to spend the rest of September hammering away at what they have..
    StonEd67 wrote:
    below is from Billboard.com

may 02, 2008 , 5:30 PM ET

Jessica Letkemann, N.Y.
    Pearl Jam has started recording its ninth studio album with producer Brendan O'Brien, guitarist Mike McCready told Seattle radio station KISW yesterday (May 1). Though only "four or five" songs are being worked on so far, McCready said the band is hoping to release the record in 2008.

The new effort, a follow-up to its self-titled 2006 album, finds Pearl Jam reteaming with longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine) for the first time since 1998's "Yield." O'Brien has also produced Pearl Jam's "Vs." (1993), "Vitalogy" (1994) and "No Code."

So I'm still hoping for a new release in this year :)

Peace
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    It's always a long wait for Pearl Jam when you can't afford to see them in concert.....

agree....but it's not that i can't afford to go to the concert...

pearl jam needs to have an asian tour again. damn it. ;)
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...