Options

Blood kicks fucking ass.

nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Play this on tour every night, the tempo is perfect pj.
Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    hell YES! i was rockin out to GO today so freakin loud. its AMAZING what The Master does in that song!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    Indio 93 - nuff said!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    makes for a good alarm clock song so i've learnt

*sigh*
    wah
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    On my ipod for the gym.
    I love this song too.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    Also one of my favorites...partly because my girlfriend thought the chorus was "Kiss My Dog."

Kissss

MYYYY

DOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Si!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hell YES! i was rockin out to GO today so freakin loud. its AMAZING what The Master does in that song!!!

Heres the deal, I decided for the first time ever, I am like (caveman status), to go digital with my PJ. So as soon as I decided what shows I was going to I made myself a PEARL JAM 08 FANS TOUR playlist. I picked all of my studio favorites like 5 deep every album and put them on shuffel.
    Turns out I got to another level of PJ which I do every tour, I find some excuse. Some of the old songs really stick out, tons of texture. Blood may be one of their finest overall songs, the solos, the shaft riff, Eds lyrics.
    Just an amazing piece of art.

no more shows
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Blood has been my favorite PJ song for a long, long time.

It's my BLOOOOOOOOD!
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Blood has been my favorite PJ song for a long, long time.

It's my BLOOOOOOOOD!

it's funny,
    because when Vs came out, and probably for a year or two straight afterwards, Blood was for me, the absolute worst moment on the disc.

These days it is the moment I absolutely LIVE for, at a live show. Witness State College '03 ... the indian whooping after "improv" is my happy ass, who just KNOWS Blood must be next.

[seriously. it was cosmic. I could just feel it. You don't play an improv that slow and drawn out, unless you are about to rock the fuck out of it.]
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    alex_sc wrote:
    Also one of my favorites...partly because my girlfriend thought the chorus was "Kiss My Dog."

Kissss

MYYYY

DOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Haha
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    96 in Hartford things were getting a little out of hand near the end of Alive....and what better way to get things under control by slamming into Blood.Just when you thought your adrenaline peaked....sonic boom....then Porch...ahhh good times indeed
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Those are four words that make for a very awkward sentence.
  • Options
    lets jam some blood.

no more shows
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    I remember Randall's Island I in '96... it was a thunderstorm when they were playing blood... the backdrop behind the band was red, and they were flashing the strobe light during the fast parts... I remember seeing these red rain drops (because they were clear and you could see the red behind them) flashing every millisecond in front of my face, with eddie SCREAMING in the background... it was absolutely sick! meanwhile, the pit was ferocious and there was a mist coming off everyone... during the shaft-like middle parts, the security guard (this huge Black guy that looked like Chubby Checker) was doing the twist... truly a surreal moment.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Have known the song for a long time but never thought anything special about it until just a couple days ago! While listening to one of the george shows in my car to work. I must have replayed it 10 times! (no exaggerration) and everyday since then.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay
    bow wow yippee yo yippee yay
  • Options
    mookie10mookie10 Posts: 41
    When I was younger I didnt appreciate this song for what it was, until I heard it live now definitly one of my faves!
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but dont sell me there can't be better ways"
    ~Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Amen I was a that Randalls show.
    The gorge version is good I have that, and listen to it frequently.

no more shows
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    being near me when they play this can be a dangerous experience..cos I go absolutely mental on it! :D
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay
    bow wow yippee yo yippee yay

Hahaha - I love Noblesville 03- one of my favorite Bloods. Ed does that part ^ so good in this one.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008