Options

Concert goer question...

harvestmoonharvestmoon Posts: 15
edited March 2008 in The Porch
If the show starts at 8pm...does that mean the opening band starts at that time or Pearl Jam? I have to work until late on the day of the concert so I'm hoping I can make it on time....
Also, does anyone know when we can pick up our Ten Club tickets during the day?
I wish I didn't have to work but I'm thinking I might not make it on time to pick up my 10C tickets?!?!?
Help anyone?
Montreal '98, '00 & '05
Toronto '98
Albany '00
Las Vegas '03
Tampa '08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    If the show starts at 8pm...does that mean the opening band starts at that time or Pearl Jam? I have to work until late on the day of the concert so I'm hoping I can make it on time....
    Also, does anyone know when we can pick up our Ten Club tickets during the day?
    I wish I didn't have to work but I'm thinking I might not make it on time to pick up my 10C tickets?!?!?
    Help anyone?
    The opener starts at the time the concert time posted. I'm not sure about how early you can pick up your tickets though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    In the past the opener starts at the time on the ticket. You can pick up 10c tickets, usually around 3 or 4 and until the opener starts. From what I remember, I was always early so I never had that problem. 10C is really good about that information when the tickets go up for sale.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    call in sick.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I think you can usually pick tickets up starting at like 12pm. It's always pretty early. Don't miss the opener, most of the time EV comes out and does a few songs. The first time I heard it was in Boston, we were walking in the hallway and I said,"shit, that sounds like Ed!' Never missed a pre-set after that!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    LaFoursLaFours Posts: 42
    Not a concert vet I'm guessing. What better way to get goin than a Jam show.
    As a rule time on the ticket is the start of the show(i.e. opening act). Doors open 1 hour before, get what ya need to get done, poster, beverage etc. As far as 10c pick up not sure. The only one I waited around for was State College, other than that just picked up at 10 club window, then waited for gates to open.
  • Options
    I've been to 6 other Pearl Jam show but this is the first time that I cannot get the day off work...and I get off work at 8 pm so I'm thinking by the time I get there the 10C ticket window will be closed...
    Montreal '98, '00 & '05
    Toronto '98
    Albany '00
    Las Vegas '03
    Tampa '08
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    My thought would be to contact ten club directly and find out.

Me.... I'd be ditching work, uh, I think my grama's in the hospital!!!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    I've been to 6 other Pearl Jam show but this is the first time that I cannot get the day off work...and I get off work at 8 pm so I'm thinking by the time I get there the 10C ticket window will be closed...

How can you possibly know 3 months in advance you'll be working til 8pm....
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Not judging you or anything but I always thought that kind of lie would bring bad karma. I mean, any kind of lie is bad obviously but telling somebody one of your close relatives is sick, I don't know, that's kind of like a sure thing that karma's gonna come back to bite you in the ass :-)

doesn't everyone have personal/sick days??
  • Options
    i know i'm working until 8 pm because those are my hours...and it's one of those days weeks where everyone decided to take vacation for some reason...I have a route a little bit like UPS but for a medical lab so it's not like I can't just miss work and nobody does my work....anyways, thanks for everyone's response, guess I'll just have to buy from ticketmaster since it's easier this time...peace.
    Montreal '98, '00 & '05
    Toronto '98
    Albany '00
    Las Vegas '03
    Tampa '08