Options

So who thinks a second Camden show will pop up?

UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
edited March 2008 in The Porch
With Camden on Jun.19th, and no shows between that and the Jun.22nd show at MSG, who thinks there might be an extra Camden added in there? Camden usually gets 2 shows. I think it's a possibility. But if there's not, I wouldn't blame them for taking a few days off before MSG.
I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    100% positive there will be one. At least that is what everyone is saying.
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 879
    well why is everyone so convinced?
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    AzeraAzera Posts: 8
    There is a second show, I spoke with someone from Live Nation who confirmed. Also, tix are available through Ticketsnow.com. The question is will there be a 10c onsale.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'd prefer a show at the Spectrum , but definitely think they'll be one somewhere in the Delaware Valley on the 20th.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    i hope so
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • Options
    Azera wrote:
    There is a second show, I spoke with someone from Live Nation who confirmed. Also, tix are available through Ticketsnow.com. The question is will there be a 10c onsale.
    Woo-hoo!!! Friday nite sounds much better than Thursday nite.

Like the play on words there?
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    how many threads are there on this? there will be a second show, unless there isnt. its just that simple
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    There have always been 2 shows at that arena, philly is a great pj area, if the show doesnt demand as it did in the past than maybe they wont but I think we are a long way off from that. I doubt they would move their equipment though that is demanding alot.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    how many threads are there on this? there will be a second show, unless there isnt. its just that simple
    Don't be hatin! People probably want to know b/c Friday is more appealing than Thursday for some people. Granted, if there was no 2nd show people would still do the Thu show without hesitation, I'm sure.

As mentioned already, tix are listed on ticketsnow.com so it looks like a 2nd show is a done deal.
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    There have always been 2 shows at that arena, philly is a great pj area, if the show doesnt demand as it did in the past than maybe they wont but I think we are a long way off from that. I doubt they would move their equipment though that is demanding alot.

Washington TWP eh? Haddon Heights here...
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358

Sorry, but I haven't seen one single thread about it. I was making an observation about that extra day. No need for the hate.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:
    Sorry, but I haven't seen one single thread about it. I was making an observation about that extra day. No need for the hate.

There have been a few, but who cares. restlesssoul shouldn't contribute anything to the thread if he doesn't have anything progressive to add.

There'll definitely be another show it looks like :D
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    Washington TWP eh? Haddon Heights here...

yeam man I coach soccer out that way.

no more shows
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    sorry for all the hatin
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    There are always 2 camden shows, why stop now?
  • Options
    yeam man I coach soccer out that way.

Oh cool. High school? How old are u?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,541
    Azera wrote:

Just because its listed on ticketsnow.com, is that a legimiate confirmation?

I am unfamiliar with that website, but it looks like stubhub.com. I would doubt that is any kind of confirmation of a second show.

That being said, I am fairly certain there would be a second show.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    most of the scalper sites are already selling tickets for camden II on june 20th.

i'm not posting links to scalper sites, but i'm sure everyone can find them on their own to confirm this...

this is how electric factory concerts operates. it's very rare that they announce both shows at the same time.

the '06 camden shows were not announced simultaneously either.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    is this camden venue the one that is in a bad part of town? i remember the threads about camden in the past being a bad place to be lost.

c'mon philly area fans, what's the scoop?

btw, the post about certain ticket brokers advertising a show fpr 06 20 08 is true.

the one i found was gotickets.com
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    It's booked for the 19th and 20th, folks. No need to speculate.
    It'll happen. Just most likely not have a 10c onsale for the 2nd night.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    olderman wrote:
    is this camden venue the one that is in a bad part of town? i remember the threads about camden in the past being a bad place to be lost.

c'mon philly area fans, what's the scoop?

btw, the post about certain ticket brokers advertising a show fpr 06 20 08 is true.

the one i found was gotickets.com
    Haha, not familiar with the area huh? It's actually the only part of Camden that isn't dangerous. But yeah, don't get lost in Camden.

Onto another thought... tix on stubhub up to $1177 for pit. Yeah... I'm just gonna forget about paying my mortgage this month and go with pit tix. yeah...
  • Options
    olderman wrote:

there really is no "good" part of camden, but the venue itself is completely safe (as is the surrounding area). i've never known anyone who had a problem there.

after the show, the police will block off most of the side streets so you don't have to worry about getting lost. the only downside is that it creates a lot of traffic getting out.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    2 nights is the buzz on the streets- I have some buds in the radio industry here in town- though the intial rumor was 18 and 19th....but I think it is more 19th and 20th now.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Poyndexter wrote:
    Onto another thought... tix on stubhub up to $1177 for pit. Yeah... I'm just gonna forget about paying my mortgage this month and go with pit tix. yeah...

shit... i'm saving my $1177 for when jimi hendrix gets reincarnated. :)

i really hope i don't get shut out. the secondary market is gonna be hell. i'm more worried about MSG than camden. if it happens, i'm going with the cheapest tickets i can get my hands on (regardless of seat location).
  • Options
    Oh cool. High school? How old are u?

I used to help coach Eastern Freshman boys. But I coach club ball.

no more shows
  • Options
    Camden is getting better, no one has been shot there in .......(looks at clock)...the last 2 minutes.
  • Options
    AzeraAzera Posts: 8
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Just because its listed on ticketsnow.com, is that a legimiate confirmation?

I am unfamiliar with that website, but it looks like stubhub.com. I would doubt that is any kind of confirmation of a second show.

That being said, I am fairly certain there would be a second show.

I agree w/ your statement about Ticketsnow.com, however, I going off of what a friend said who works for LiveNation: which is they are booked for two nights. Only time will tell. Good luck to all....