Options

Is Target Against Gay Marriage?

ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
edited February 2013 in The Porch
PJ said their ideals were in line when they decided to do business with them. Is that still true?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Liberal-g ... 9.html?x=0
This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    googoo Posts: 226
    so what the hell if they are? it's a free country. they have a right to donate to whoever they want. I don't personally think that's the issue or the point of why they donated money for that guy's campaign, but the fact that Target felt the need to apologize for it is pretty weak. God forbid, liberals are always preaching open-mindedness and tolerance of different opinions, but can't walk the walk when someone disagrees with their views. well, I gotta get some errands done, gotta get to Target.......
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited August 2010
    Target is not one person with one opinion, but rather many people with many opinions making up a company.. People who get paid to make financial desicions for the company decided to donate to a candidate happens to be against it.

Does that help?
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    I agree...they can do what they want. Pearl Jam made a big deal about them being a company whose values were similar to the bands and I'm doubting this is one of the views they share.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    :roll:
  • Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    Target is not anti-gay, and they have apologized. The donation was a public relation debacle for them.

Remember, Target had an entire Isaac Mizrahi line a few years ago.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    It's there right. Who cares if they are against gay marriage? Most people are. California was supposedly all for gay marriage then they voted on it and they voted against gay marriage. Don't believe what hollywood and the media are trying to sell like it's so insane and your in the minority if your against gay marriage. It's not true. How come nobody ever covers the people protesting gay marriage. We are still free it's America they can do what they want.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    People against gay marriage look about as out of touch as the people who were against integration. I don't need the media to tell me everyone deserves equal rights.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    We are still free it's America they can do what they want.
    Unfortunately gay people aren't allowed to do what they want, marry for instance, because of bigots like that guy who suppress people's freedoms.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    We are still free it's America they can do what they want.
    Unfortunately gay people aren't allowed to do what they want, marry for instance, because of bigots like that guy who suppress people's freedoms.

whose that guy?
  • Options
    corduroykellycorduroykelly Posts: 668
    edited August 2010
    ComeToTX wrote:
    People against gay marriage look about as out of touch as the people who were against segregation. I don't need the media to tell me everyone deserves equal rights.

Maybe we should allow people to marry dogs, pigs and horses too, and why not be able to marry 20 men or women? We wouldn't want to count anyone out who might feel suppressed. Everyone just has it so rough, and don't insult black people by comparing gay marriage to what they went through. The color of your skin is not a choice. Who you sleep with and marry is. We all have feelings it's a choice on how we act on them.
    Post edited by corduroykelly on
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2010
    ComeToTX wrote:
    People against gay marriage look about as out of touch as the people who were against segregation. I don't need the media to tell me everyone deserves equal rights.

Maybe we should allow people to marry dogs pigs and horses too. We wouldn't want to count anyone out who might feel suppressed. Everyone just has it so rough, and don't insult black people by comparing gay marriage to what they went through. The color of your skin is not a choice. Who you sleep with and marry is. We all have feelings it's a choice on how we act on them.
    oh jeez...

I don't even know where to begin with that post...
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    ComeToTX wrote:

Maybe we should allow people to marry dogs, pigs and horses too, and why not be able to marry 20 men or women? We wouldn't want to count anyone out who might feel suppressed. Everyone just has it so rough, and don't insult black people by comparing gay marriage to what they went through. The color of your skin is not a choice. Who you sleep with and marry is. We all have feelings it's a choice on how we act on them.

cukooo... :roll:
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

Good lord. That's scary! What's the weather like on your planet?
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    ComeToTX wrote:

*facepalm*
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

Dogs and pigs can't speak and they can't have consensual sexual relations to humans, silly.

And people don't choose to be gay. I didn't choose to be straight. This wasn't a choice. I saw Princess Leia in that steel bra when I was four years old and knew from then on what was programmed into my genetics. I didn't understand what sex was.

If you think being gay is a choice, you probably have gay feelings yourself because obviously you turned choosing which sex into a decision making process. It's not. If it is for you, I'm sorry you're still hiding in the closet.
  • Options
    I think the word racist gets thrown around like used condom nowadays
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,076
    ComeToTX wrote:

Not sure where to start here. Um, how about its not a choice anymore than being heterosexual is? Start there...and then work the logic of "its not a choice for me and its not a choice for them, but still heterosexuals are the only ones who can marry..." Good luck.

I'm so sick of this mentality. Get a life you bigot.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

Dogs and pigs can't speak and they can't have consensual sexual relations to humans, silly.

And people don't choose to be gay. I didn't choose to be straight. This wasn't a choice. I saw Princess Leia in that steel bra when I was four years old and knew from then on what was programmed into my genetics. I didn't understand what sex was.

If you think being gay is a choice, you probably have gay feelings yourself because obviously you turned choosing which sex into a decision making process. It's not. If it is for you, I'm sorry you're still hiding in the closet.
    So I am not the only one who had the "Princess Lea" experience :lol:

I agree with your post 100%
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

Obviously there was some sarcasm to what I said, I forgot it's the ten club no sarcasm allowed, And make sure you look up what pearl jam believes before giving your own opinion like a sheep on the cover of vs.
    Yea someone against gay marriage is gay you sound like a five year old. If a persons sexual preference is no choice why don't we release all of the pedophiles in prison and lock no more of them up since being attracted to a child and molesting a child would be just something there born with and they had no choice after all it's a sexual preference they were born with, and by the way there's a reason god made men and women and a reason you need men and women to create a child because they belong together every piece of religion agrees on that. Unless your a godless heathen? If I were in the minority California would have passed gay marriage but it was voted on and we all know the results. The American peoples voices are what counts.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Obviously there was some sarcasm to what I said, I forgot it's the ten club no sarcasm allowed, And make sure you look up what pearl jam believes before giving your own opinion like a sheep on the cover of vs.
    Yea someone against gay marriage is gay you sound like a five year old. If a persons sexual preference is no choice why don't we release all of the pedophiles in prison and lock no more of them up since being attracted to a child and molesting a child would be just something there born with and they had no choice after all it's a sexual preference they were born with, and by the way there's a reason god made men and women and a reason you need men and women to create a child because they belong together every piece of religion agrees on that. Unless your a godless heathen? If I were in the minority California would have passed gay marriage but it was voted on and we all know the results. The American peoples voices are what counts.

So that is a Sheep, i thought that or a Camel, but felt stupid to have to ask. :oops:
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    wow... homosexuals being compared to pig fuckers and pedophiles... never thought i'd run across that on a PJ message board :oops:

its not even worth fighting with you... i had a whole long thing typed out and i just said "fuck it"

i have some very good friends that are gay... i dont know what your story is... its your right to condemn it as much as it is their right to live their lives... thats the beauty of being an american... it certainly irks me to share my nationality with people like you tho
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    wow... homosexuals being compared to pig fuckers and pedophiles... never thought i'd run across that on a PJ message board :oops:

its not even worth fighting with you... i had a whole long thing typed out and i just said "fuck it"

i have some very good friends that are gay... i dont know what your story is... its your right to condemn it as much as it is their right to live their lives... thats the beauty of being an american... it certainly irks me to share my nationality with people like you tho

I had the same thought. I want to reply, but I'd rather have a beer.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options

ooo.... opportune topic change

BEER ROCKS :D

all out at the moment :(

you know what goes good with beer?

gay sex :x

• Options

ooo.... opportune topic change

BEER ROCKS :D

all out at the moment :(

you know what goes good with beer?

gay sex :x

That made me laugh out loud. I'd put 'lol' but I hate internet speak and I have a sneaky suspicion people generally lie and do not actually laugh out loud - unless of course they put 'rofl'. Then you know it's legit. Labatt Blue or Blue Moon? I may have a Newcastle left as well.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Options
    Labatt Blue or Blue Moon? I may have a Newcastle left as well.
    oh dont worry about me... it'd probably be warm or smashed by the time it got to illinois

nice warm day for a blue moon tho :)

• Options
    Labatt Blue or Blue Moon? I may have a Newcastle left as well.
    oh dont worry about me... it'd probably be warm or smashed by the time it got to illinois

nice warm day for a blue moon tho :)

Oh I meant for me. Was just opening the floor to suggestions. Sorry to be a tease. Blue Moon does sound delightful.

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,076

There are so many things wrong with your thinking, its truly unbelievable. I'll try to boil it down because I really don't want to waste too much time on such crackpot, unintelligent, far right, ignorant and hateful thinking.

1. Gays are no more likely to molest children or have sex with animals. Its been proven.

2. Procreation is not the basis from which the morality of a specific sexual orientation can be judged. 1 in 20 adults are asexual (meaning they don't feel attraction to either sex); are they immoral because they don't procreate? What about people who physically can't procreate? What about people who choose not to procreate?

3. Keep the Bible and God (with a capital G) out of this. There's a million reasons why citing religion as a basis for hating gays is a completely untenable position.

Its 2010...how is it possible to think like this? How are you even on the internet anymore? I'm sure there's some backwoods shit-shack with your name on it. Please go there and do not return. Yuck.

To the folks discussing beer...Premium Grain Belt for me. If you're ever in Minneapolis-St. Paul, check it out. Fabulous midwest beer.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I was making a point and you're still obviously missing it.. Marriage is something between two CONSENTING adults. I'm not talking about pedophiles or rapists or goats.. Two consenting adult human beings are in love with each other and want to be recognised institutionally that they are together. Mutual feelings here. Not predators or pedophiles or goat sex.

If two gay people want to be legally married, how does that effect you? Please tell me.

All marriage really is is a symbolic gesture. Why not just give them the title they want? They're going to be together anyways and you have no right to worry about what they do in their alone time. Who would care about that? They aren't hurting anyone.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    2. Procreation is not the basis from which the morality of a specific sexual orientation can be judged. 1 in 20 adults are asexual (meaning they don't feel attraction to either sex); are they immoral because they don't procreate? What about people who physically can't procreate? What about people who choose not to procreate?
    does anyone happen to know if darwin ever weighed in on homosexuality? I'm just curious what his take was... seems like from an evolutionary point of view there is no way anyone would ever "choose" something that could lead to the extinction of his/her own species... so doesn't it stand to reason that gays will eventually go the way of red hair and blue eyes? just wait it out bible bangers! ;):D

ah shit... you don't believe in evolution either?!?

• Options
    My qualm is that our government is defying its own Constitution with this issue. Separation of church and state supposedly still exists, right? How then does the government justify denying citizens the right to marry based on religious principles? People can argue all day long their religious beliefs, but it shouldn't matter. We have freedom of religion - kinda one of the big reasons this country was created - and that's great. Believe what you want, but don't govern people based on those beliefs. Our government was designed to be religiously neutral, yet it limits rights based on religious beliefs. Denying gays marriage violates their rights. It also really screws them on taxes, which is another blatant injustice. Anyway, I say believe whatever you want because it's the foundation of this country. But the government being allowed to govern us based on beliefs implicitly contradicts separation of church and state.

I have Christian beliefs, for the record. I just also believe in people's rights and a God of love and acceptance. People preaching hate and exclusion are detrimental to their own cause. It's a pity.

Oh and the beer suggestion - thanks, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some Premium Grain Belt. I was just listing what I had available in the fridge. ;)