MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I loved that cindy/st louis brawl last night. Been a while since baseball had a good one like that. Man to be a fan right there behind home plate would have been crazy
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    intodeep wrote:
    I loved that cindy/st louis brawl last night. Been a while since baseball had a good one like that. Man to be a fan right there behind home plate would have been crazy

to be clear: i HATE the st louis cardinals.

one of the greatest baseball quotes of all time too. nice lil' rivalry they got going in the central. i like it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Providence Posts: 99
    intodeep wrote:

one of the greatest baseball quotes of all time too. nice lil' rivalry they got going in the central. i like it.

Brandon Phillips is the man. There aren't too many ballplayers out there that will call out an entire team as "whiny bitches." Baseball (and sports in general) could use more of that unbridled hatred between opponents. With free agency, trades, and all the money these guys make, everybody is friends. I love me a good ol' fashioned brawl. But, I digress...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    pureoc wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha that's funny. I figured Molina had something to do with it the way the announcers were talking after he hit the home run. That's great, you know he enjoyed that one.

Of course Molina was involved cause he's a little bitch. Nice to see LaRussa get tossed too, that way he could get drunk earlier.

Guess we seen who the bitch was. Phillips comin to bat a tryin to play nice. The funny thing is he's talkin shit about a few of his teammates and gm. In his defense Rolen is a total bitch.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pureoc wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha that's funny. I figured Molina had something to do with it the way the announcers were talking after he hit the home run. That's great, you know he enjoyed that one.

Of course Molina was involved cause he's a little bitch. Nice to see LaRussa get tossed too, that way he could get drunk earlier.

I like how molina acted. phillips is the one that acted like a bitch
    intodeep wrote:

I hate the cards too.

I wanted dusty baker to beat down larussa. and chris carpenter is a turd.

the NL central is a fucking disgrace
    intodeep wrote:

Brandon Phillips is the man. There aren't too many ballplayers out there that will call out an entire team as "whiny bitches." Baseball (and sports in general) could use more of that unbridled hatred between opponents. With free agency, trades, and all the money these guys make, everybody is friends. I love me a good ol' fashioned brawl. But, I digress...

what he said was cool, but then he acted like he was friends with molina. phillips looked like a bitch.

best part of the game was molina going deep. and I hate the cards
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cueto will taking a vacation after that fight.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Haha. The Nationals have a strong interest in Carl Crawford.

I also have a strong interest in Peneople Cruz. We both have about the same chance.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I also have a strong interest in Peneople Cruz. We both have about the same chance.

Haha seriously?! Where did you see this?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha seriously?! Where did you see this?

Yes, here is the link. Quite amusing actually.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/n ... wford.html

Remember when the Nationals were very interested in Mark Teixeira?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yes, here is the link. Quite amusing actually.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/n ... wford.html

Remember when the Nationals were very interested in Mark Teixeira?

Jesus, they can't honestly think they have a shot. And then to have him change positions because of Josh Willingham?!

Nice avatar Cliffy. I'm going to the game Monday in the Bronx.

And speaking of Carl Crawford...what would you like to see the Yanks do this off season with their OF? Werth, Crawford, or stand pat with Granderson/Gardner/Swish? I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I can't help but think about it. Personally, I'd like to have Werth in RF, move Swish to LF, and throw Gardner in CF. I'm about done with Granderson.

Jesus, they can't honestly think they have a shot. And then to have him change positions because of Josh Willingham?!

Nice avatar Cliffy. I'm going to the game Monday in the Bronx.

And speaking of Carl Crawford...what would you like to see the Yanks do this off season with their OF? Werth, Crawford, or stand pat with Granderson/Gardner/Swish? I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I can't help but think about it. Personally, I'd like to have Werth in RF, move Swish to LF, and throw Gardner in CF. I'm about done with Granderson.

Yeah, they have absolutely zero chance at signing him.

Thanks. I actually took that picture myself. Took a tour of the stadium the last year and took it when we were on the field. You don't realize how badly they needed a new stadium until you get down into the insides of the stadium. I have no idea how 25 grown athletes plus coaches fit into that clubhouse and dugout.

I really really really want them to sign Crawford but I don't think it is going to happen. I think they will sign Lee and I don't think they will have the money for Crawford if they stand pat with their budget (although this trade deadline shows they may be willing to expand a bit). I am annoyed with granderson this year as well but I don't see him going anywhere. His trade value is so low they won't be able to get enough back. Give Kevin Long a full winter to work with him and see what happens. Gardner is coming back to earth so relying on him next season worries me a little bit. If the price was right on Werth I would say go for it but I would much rather have them spend a few extra bucks for Crawford. I am not a big fan of Werth. I think the outfield will be the same as this year and I think Cliff Lee will be a Yankee.

Nice, I may be going Tuesday. Just found out I have a meeting in NY on Tuesday so looks like I will be going to the Yanks game as well.
    I am pissed I never took one of those tours in the old Stadium, although I did spend a lot of time within the friendly confines of the dark, concrete concourse of the old place for beer/food/bathroom breaks and, based on the archaic nature of many aspects of the old Stadium, I completely believe you about the cramped dugout.

You're right about Granderson. As much as I'd like to dump him, his value is much too low right now. I was listening to Sterling/Waldman during last night's game (big win!) and they were talking about Granderson/Long going back to the drawing board with his swing and really simplifying it by eliminating all the extraneous movements (I think Sterling said "Swisherize" his swing). The guy is a great athlete, so hopefully he can make some necessary adjustments. Even if his bat doesn't get going, I like his glove (although that's an expensive glove when you take into account the contract and Austin Jackson).

Cliff Lee is an absolute must. I don't want to have to rely on Burnett, Javy, or a 39 year old Pettitte as a #2.

Even though he's a right handed, Werth's game reminds me a lot of O'Neill's, which is why I like him. He's a big game player and I like how he plays RF. He'll be 31 though, and who knows how long of a deal he'll be looking for. I could see him ending up in Boston.

I would love to grab Crawford, but like you said, Lee comes first. Who knows if the brass will want to spring for what Crawford is looking to fetch.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I am pissed I never took one of those tours in the old Stadium, although I did spend a lot of time within the friendly confines of the dark, concrete concourse of the old place for beer/food/bathroom breaks and, based on the archaic nature of many aspects of the old Stadium, I completely believe you about the cramped dugout.

You're right about Granderson. As much as I'd like to dump him, his value is much too low right now. I was listening to Sterling/Waldman during last night's game (big win!) and they were talking about Granderson/Long going back to the drawing board with his swing and really simplifying it by eliminating all the extraneous movements (I think Sterling said "Swisherize" his swing). The guy is a great athlete, so hopefully he can make some necessary adjustments. Even if his bat doesn't get going, I like his glove (although that's an expensive glove when you take into account the contract and Austin Jackson).

Cliff Lee is an absolute must. I don't want to have to rely on Burnett, Javy, or a 39 year old Pettitte as a #2.

Even though he's a right handed, Werth's game reminds me a lot of O'Neill's, which is why I like him. He's a big game player and I like how he plays RF. He'll be 31 though, and who knows how long of a deal he'll be looking for. I could see him ending up in Boston.

I would love to grab Crawford, but like you said, Lee comes first. Who knows if the brass will want to spring for what Crawford is looking to fetch.

lee all day long

as for werth...id rather have swish

crawford is wishful thinking...gotta take the pitcher first though

and that game was freaking wicked last night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

The tour was well worth it. We took it on an off day so we got to see just about everything. It was very cool.

I am a bit suprised they are redoing his swing midseason and in the middle of a pennat race but like I mentioned in the Yanks thread, it can't get much worse. Hopefully he will be able to fix things a bit. Long is a good hitting coach, hopefuly he can get him fixed up.

They are going to throw a truck of money at Lee. A rotation of CC, Lee, Hughes, Burnett, Pettitte is pretty outstanding.

I could definitely see Werth ending up in Boston. They are going to need him more than the Yanks. I cant see him ending up in the bronx but I have been suprised before.

The great thing about Hal, is that it seems he is following in his fathers footsteps. This offseason should be interesting.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The tour was well worth it. We took it on an off day so we got to see just about everything. It was very cool.

I am a bit suprised they are redoing his swing midseason and in the middle of a pennat race but like I mentioned in the Yanks thread, it can't get much worse. Hopefully he will be able to fix things a bit. Long is a good hitting coach, hopefuly he can get him fixed up.

They are going to throw a truck of money at Lee. A rotation of CC, Lee, Hughes, Burnett, Pettitte is pretty outstanding.

I could definitely see Werth ending up in Boston. They are going to need him more than the Yanks. I cant see him ending up in the bronx but I have been suprised before.

The great thing about Hal, is that it seems he is following in his fathers footsteps. This offseason should be interesting.

I've looked into touring the New Stadium, but the problem is if I ever make it to the Bronx, it's to see a Yanks game and as you pointed out, you want to take those tours on off days.

It's funny you say that about Granderson's swing not getting much worse - that was Granderson's exact rationale when asked about tweaking his swing midseason.

I like Hal. Hank's a clown, but Hal seems to have absorbed some of his father's savvy - or maybe just his wallet.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone see this video of the guy ducking out of the way and his girlfriend getting hit with a foul ball?

http://deadspin.com/5609094/chivalry-is ... girlfriend

Yes, quoting myself.

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/0 ... p.html.php

The guy rips him. "A "MAN" is supposed to catch the ball"
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone see this video of the guy ducking out of the way and his girlfriend getting hit with a foul ball?

Yes, quoting myself.

ya know when you see someone and your first reaction is "he looks like an idiot" but then you find out more about the guy and it turns out he's an ok guy?

yeah, this guy isn't that guy
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yes, quoting myself.

ya know when you see someone and your first reaction is "he looks like an idiot" but then you find out more about the guy and it turns out he's an ok guy?

yeah, this guy isn't that guy

Perfect :lol::lol:
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cueto will taking a vacation after that fight.

7 games.
    I feel it should have been more.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

someone is gonna give werth wayyy too much money. he's a solid complimentary piece, but a team is gonna pay him like a star player and end up regretting it
    chipper out for the year. A shame, but GREAT news for the phils.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    papelbum gives up 4 in the 9th lmao :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    The Fixer wrote:
    chipper out for the year. A shame, but GREAT news for the phils.

Yeah, but any news on Special Sauce?

I hate him so much. The anti-mo.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hate him so much. The anti-mo.
    Yeah, not good. Papelbon sucks. I blame Francona. He could have either left Lackjob in the game or brought in Bard. And Pap's WHIP grows higher and higher.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • You guys still want him? All my Yankee friends say he'd look good in pinstripes.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    You guys still want him? All my Yankee friends say he'd look good in pinstripes.

Papelbon will never wear the navy pinstripes. That is a fact.