Thanks Pearl Jam, for...

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
edited December 2007 in The Porch
okay post 1500 I just want to say thanks to Pearl Jam for many years of great music, insanely cheap ticket prices, posters, dvds, hats, t-shirts, fanclub magazines, contests, message pit, vinyl, charity work, live shows that knock you on your ass every time, unplugged, story tellers, videos, pomos, Benaroya on wine colored wax, THE VIC, and most importantly for always sticking up for what you believe.

thanks, I am now a love boat captain for the next 800 posts or so....oye veh

Add to this list
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hrd2imgn wrote:
    okay post 1500 I just want to say thanks to Pearl Jam for many years of great music, insanely cheap ticket prices, posters, dvds, hats, t-shirts, fanclub magazines, contests, message pit, vinyl, charity work, live shows that knock you on your ass every time, unplugged, story tellers, videos, pomos, Benaroya on wine colored wax, THE VIC, and most importantly for always sticking up for what you believe.

thanks, I am now a love boat captain for the next 800 posts or so....oye veh

Add to this list
    good job, im having trouble getting to 1000!!!
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    ... what he said. :)
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• thanks for 8 awesome studio albums and for caring so much about your fans. I'm a Tool fan, so I can definitely say that you Pearl Jam fans are spoiled! It's been great seeing this amazing band develop and mature since the days of Ten and Vs. Keep it up.
    I don't know what I would have done in HS without Ten.
  • Thanks........for Awesomness
    i cannot stop the thought.......running in the dark

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • OrestesOrestes Posts: 217
    thanks guys
  • I would like to thank Jeff for Pilate, and I wanna thank him for wearing those sweet hats
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • you wanna thank PJ? check this out :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266936

seriously tho... i need more photos so spread the word... were making a photomosaic gigantic thankyou card to send to PJ and i wanna respresent as many people as possible (plus the obvious need for tons of pics just to complete it)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Yeah, what they said. Add 'nuther post please.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    I missed the part where 50 bills a ticket was cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I thank them for everything they do...but....just saying...
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    my thanks - for lighting up my bad days and doubling happy days with their music.
    Life would be sometimes hard to endure without them.:)

hmmm... there was a time i was wondered if they could develop, i was afraid if they could still make music (that was after VS and Vitalogy). That was so painful... and now i can not imagine they will stop creating. It wouls be like a death of someone close. I wish I will not live to see that.

It's hard to admit, but they create a part of me. And everybody (who knows me) can say, that is the better part of me. It seems like they have power to bring to light the good part of human being. But - remember - i am still myself:)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • thanks for brain of j.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    And once more - thanks for giving me choice to learn english. PJ's lyrics mobilize me to learn more words (to understand them).
    and of course This Pit too... Thanks people:)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    xkevvx wrote:
    I missed the part where 50 bills a ticket was cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I thank them for everything they do...but....just saying...
    they are way cheaper than most bands considering fan club seats are closer and better. Ask A DMB fan how much their tickets are, or the Stones. I was miffed about the higher prices for Petty, but considering tthere was basically two headliners the extra cash was worth it.

If you had GA tix or 30th row I could see 50 a pop being expensive, but being in the 84XXX range 50 is a steal.

examples: 2 tix to UC in Chicago in 2003 $77.00
    2 tix to Indy 2003 95.00
    2 tix to Alpine 2003 100.00
    2006 and VIc tickets were a little more(up to about 100 each)

compare that to say: Bon Jovi United center floor tix 129.50 a pop, just about all the shows on tickecrapster are 70 and up

bon fucking JOvi shitty floor seats 129, Pearl Jam VIC GA 80 per

anyone lucky enough to be at the VIC knows 80 bucks for that show was a bargain of a lifetime.

add in the increased expenses in gas, ticketmaster fees, venue BS, PJ is one of the best values in all of music. 2.5 hours 30+ songs per show, no two setlists identical(see aforementioned petty on that one)
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    halszka123 wrote:
    And once more - thanks for giving me choice to learn english. PJ's lyrics mobilize me to learn more words (to understand them).
    and of course This Pit too... Thanks people:)

Halszka where you from?