Options

Ed Solo Review on RS.com

lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Did anyone read it? It's decent. But, there are already haters on the comments saying he's not relavent blah, blah, blah.
Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Can you please provide a link?
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/03/eddie-vedder-digs-deep-into-song-shirt-archives-in-vancouver/

Eddie Vedder Digs Deep Into Song, Shirt Archives in Vancouver
    4/3/08, 2:01 pm EST

“There’s something about the first time,” said Eddie Vedder, a few songs into his set at the Centre in Vancouver, Brtish Columbia. “Whether it’s good or bad. There’s nothing else like it.” For Vedder, this first time meant a sold out, two-night residency in a city not too far north of his native Seattle for the opening of a solo tour.

On a stage set like a living room jam session, Vedder perched on a stool in a Butthole Surfers tee he’d brought out of “semi-retirement” for the gig (”I think I wore this shirt the first time the band played,” he mused). And with that, he proceeded to play songs from his rapidly expanding solo catalogue: “Guaranteed” from Into the Wild stirred the crowd, as did protest ballad “No More War,” which brought Vedder to tears. Covers were plentiful, including a brilliant reworking of Emmylou Harris’ version of James Taylor’s “Millworker,” which was nearly matched by a shot at Springsteen’s “Growin’ Up.”

While roadies in labcoats tinkered with the instruments (guitars, a mandolin and a ukelele called “Luke” among them), Vedder played much and talked little, keeping banter swift and funny: “Thank you for the encouragement,” he said after the crowd applauded a flubbed lyric. “But you don’t want to promote that behaviour.”

After multiple encores, Vedder — now clad in labcoat himself — welcomed opener Liam Finn back to help out on “Hard Sun” (the backing instrumental track courtesy of an onstage reel-to-reel). As his opening night drew to a close, Vedder smiled and waved goodbye. “Thanks for being here for this different kind of conversation,” he said. And for the first time on this tour (and certainly not the last), Eddie Vedder got a standing ovation.

Kaitlin Fontana
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Decent? That sounds like a great reviews. And you said haters like I was going to click the link and find 50 people bashing it. ONE PERSON said something bad:

Kurt's Corpse | 4/3/2008, 5:17 pm EST

Who cares?!? When’s the last time this loser was relavent? 1993?? Just a drunk Neil Young-wannabee……but sadly, never was.

Did we read the same review?
  • Options
    Decent? That sounds like a great reviews. And you said haters like I was going to click the link and find 50 people bashing it. ONE PERSON said something bad:

Did we read the same review?

Yeah, we actually did read the same review. I didn't see an over the top sucking of Ed's dick by the reviewer did you? Didn't think so.

Also, yeah, I said the haters were already starting to write stuff. And, out of the 5 or 6 posts on there there were two.

You people need to lighten the fuck up. No wonder people think we're assholes.

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    lance_gray wrote:
    Yeah, we actually did read the same review. I didn't see an over the top sucking of Ed's dick by the reviewer did you? Didn't think so.

Also, yeah, I said the haters were already starting to write stuff. And, out of the 5 or 6 posts on there there were two.

Haha. So in a review you are looking for an over the top dick suck? You expect every review to just gush over every single thing Ed does? I can't believe you more or less turned up your nose at a favorable review just because the reviewer wasn't OMFG EV IS SO AMAZING!

Then you tell "us people" to lighten the fuck up when you came to cry on a message board that a great review wasn't good enough and one little person doesn't like Eddie. People do think we are assholes and it's because of oversensitive people (like you) completely blind to any objectivity towards the band.
  • Options
    Haha. So in a review you are looking for an over the top dick suck? You expect every review to just gush over every single thing Ed does? I can't believe you more or less turned up your nose at a favorable review just because the reviewer wasn't OMFG EV IS SO AMAZING!

Then you tell "us people" to lighten the fuck up when you came to cry on a message board that a great review wasn't good enough and one little person doesn't like Eddie. People do think we are assholes and it's because of oversensitive people (like you) completely blind to any objectivity towards the band.

Sorry, I'm completely objective about the band. I said the review was "decent." And no, I don't expect every review to be over the top gushing about the band because I don't those kind of reviews. This review was just a recap of the show. So, it was decent.

Look, I'm not trying to get all up in your face about it. I just thought it was a decent recap/review. The only way I would like an over the top review would be if David Fricke wrote it.

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    What I want to know is does anyone know the significance of the lab coats! That's driving me crazy! haha
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    ^ cat fight up there.

*scratch*
  • Options
    lance_gray wrote:
    Sorry, I'm completely objective about the band. I said the review was "decent." And no, I don't expect every review to be over the top gushing about the band because I don't those kind of reviews. This review was just a recap of the show. So, it was decent.

Look, I'm not trying to get all up in your face about it. I just thought it was a decent recap/review. The only way I would like an over the top review would be if David Fricke wrote it.

GET OUT OF MY FACE BITCH! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME. WE'RE THROUGH!

:)

No hard feelings. All good in the hood. I'd love to get a review from David Fricke. He was at the Irving Plaza show rocking out on the balcony and is obviously a huge fan.
  • Options
    ^ cat fight up there.

*scratch*
    :-)

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    No hard feelings. All good in the hood. I'd love to get a review from David Fricke. He was at the Irving Plaza show rocking out on the balcony and is obviously a huge fan.

Yeah, he's a HUGE fan. I read an article he wrote or maybe he was interviewed and he had the entire boot collection from 2000 and 03. Yuge fan, yuge.

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    ^ cat fight up there.

*scratch*

More like a kitten fight :(

:)

No hard feelings. All good in the hood.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    lance_gray wrote:

You sir are an over the top d@%$ s*&^!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+