Options

Ticketmaster problems?

MelissaphishMelissaphish Posts: 150
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Do people really have so many problems with Ticketmaster? I mean, they do suck and the fees are outrageous, but I can count on one hand the number of shows that I've ever been shut out of. I am not worried at all about getting more tickets for Mansfield and Hartford and MSG if I want them.....what sort of issues do people encounter?
Boston Garden 5/25/06
Lollapalooza 8/5/07
Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
Mansfield 6/30/08
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The answers are fatal......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TheRiotActTheRiotAct Posts: 131
    As long as you are online when the sale starts, I have never had an issue getting tix through TM. Their servers are very strong.
    "Close but no sitar." ~ EV
  • Options
    I think it's mostly about the corporate greed thing and the insane surcharges. I've never had a problem ordering from them.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I've been shut out of a few shows on TM
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    I had trouble getting Wilco tickets recently...the whole virtual waiting line feature had me throwing a fit, ultimately got shut out
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Their fees are egregious ... there's no other way to put it. But, it's a service that we must use, sadly.

they have put in some new fail safes to deter scalpers of late ... now using two words in the distorted password field before you go to purchasing tickets for instance.

One new measure they institued that I did not know about until recently, they will shut you out if you keep refreshing.

I was trying for Death Cab tickets here in SF ... a smaller venue and new tickets would sell out quick.

I refreshed several times before 10 am, then got a message stating something to the effect of "you account has made too many attmepts at our site, in order to avoid scalpers getting tickets, we ask that you please return a bit later and try again"

I didn't get access back for over 5 minutes, and indeed, tickets were gone by the time I got back.

Beware of the F5 when going thorugh TM.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez