Options

ATTN: all 10c members from outside the tri-state area that got tickets to MSG

scot88scot88 Posts: 217
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Words cannot describe my animosity towards you right now. Go ahead and flame me for not wanting you at the MSG shows, but how the fuck would you like it if there were thousands upon thousands of out of state people trying to get tickets to the venue closest to you? In case you couldn't tell, I'm from NY (born and raised) and didn't get tickets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    This happens to everyone! All out of staters go to like the Top 10 markets and 10C members who don't live there get tickets that people who live there can't. I understand your frustration. Just try again for MSG2, and in the worse case scenario, try ticketmonopoly.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    im going to both MSG shows and im from van.

I dealt with it for the ed vedder solo shows in my hometown and you should too. what did you expect???? i got shut out in vancouver, but tried for TM and it all worked out....

good luck in the TM sale.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    scot88 wrote:
    Words cannot describe my animosity towards you right now. Go ahead and flame me for not wanting you at the MSG shows, but how the fuck would you like it if there were thousands upon thousands of out of state people trying to get tickets to the venue closest to you? In case you couldn't tell, I'm from NY (born and raised) and didn't get tickets.

Guilty as charged.

I know I'd be pretty pissed if they were playing the Civic Center again here in SF and I didn't get a pair ... so, your anger is understood ...

Just keep an eye out ... spares pop up ... TM still hasn't sold thier tickets either. You never know, perhaps one of these out of towners won't have a person to go with, and perhaps their 10c number is far lower than yours ... and they'll take you ... and you'll be much closer than you ever would have had you scored tickets.

It's far from over.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    This happens for ANY show..... a ton of people from the east coast snagged the 10C EV Cali shows.... the Vic last year in Chicago..... west coast shows in 2006...

and I don't think it's the out of towners anyways..... a high concentration of fans in that area.... all within a 4 hr drive....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I don't feel sorry for you, I got tickets to MSG1. If I were to feel sorry for anyone, it would be the Irish. The Point only holds some 9000 people and those guys stood in line all night to just have us 10C members walk in front of them and go in. But just like I'm going to do for MSG1 and if I'm lucky enough to get tickets MSG2, I will grab a local from the front and take them in with me and blow their mind! So really we "out of staters" aren't so bad!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i understand and share your anger.

it's happened to me a few times already.

just one of the downsides of living in the greatest city in the world. everyone wants a piece.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    scot88 wrote:

This is the funniest shit Ive read in a while......Perhaps you should go down to the corner market and get some cheese to go with your wine!
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i wonder how many out-of-towners flew in for the gorge shows....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    scot88 wrote:
    Words cannot describe my animosity towards you right now.

I think you're using these words to describe your animosity:

scot88 wrote:
    how the fuck would you like it if there were thousands upon thousands of out of state people trying to get tickets to the venue closest to you? In case you couldn't tell, I'm from NY (born and raised) and didn't get tickets.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    This happens for ANY show..... a ton of people from the east coast snagged the 10C EV Cali shows.... the Vic last year in Chicago..... west coast shows in 2006...

and I don't think it's the out of towners anyways..... a high concentration of fans in that area.... all within a 4 hr drive....

He's right, I'm in Jersey and I'm in driving range of DC, Camden, NYC, Boston, & Hartford.

Lots of people, little area.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    scot88 wrote:

Does the tri-state area include Philly??? Cause if not.. :p I got MSG1 tickets. :D

Sorry hope you get some thru TM.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    scot88 wrote:

I am sorry that you got shut out of your hometown show. Believe me...I know your pain. I got shut out of the Vic & it is less than a mile from my house! I stood outside all day of the show, too, to no avail. You can hate me all you want for getting tickets to MSG even though I am from Chicago, but I see it as vindication for my terrible Vic experience. Plus, I am really looking forward to traveling to NYC to see the show and spend some time with close friends. Again, I am sorry, but this shit can happen to any of us.
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I don't blame you, but it doesn't make me any less happy for scoring these tickets.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    scot88 wrote:
    hey scot...

i understand your anger....but

if by chance you dont get tickets from ticketmaster....

there will be spare tickets offered on this board in the next couple months...

there always are...people go solo to these shows....people back out....plans change....

trust me....you will see extra tickets offered here....

and good luck....i hope you get your tickets...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    its unfortunate but im from NJ and have been shut out of MSG every single time. its sucks but then again so does MSG, try for a Tweeter show or DC
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    Sorry dude. Really, i understand where you're coming from. But they're not coming to my country....so i gotta go to them.

Keep your hopes up. Maybe you'll get tickets afterall.
  • Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    scot88 wrote:
    In case you couldn't tell, I'm from NY (born and raised)
    Oh, we could tell alright.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Just travel to see them.. isn't that what everyone in the South was told when we didn't have any shows? Now if you do travel people bitch about that too!!

I went all the way to Toronto to see them from Georgia so hop on a plane and enjoy some Florida sunshine for one those shows.
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    At least PJ is playing in your town. Rest of us have to pay travel expenses to see them.
  • Options
    Ample Jar wrote:
    Oh, we could tell alright.
    Hahahahaha. Hilarious.

Contrary to the conventional wisdom, not all New Yorkers are hot-tempered schmucks who would just as soon push you out of the way to get ahead of you. I too was born and raised here.
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    Chalk some shit up to chance and luck. I lived in NYC from late 98 to early 2003 and all I got was the 2000 Jones Beach show. I literally lived one block from Irving Plaza. So what luck I had to miss both 98 and 2003 MSG appearances and Irving Plaza by such poor timing. Shit happens.

The East Coast and NYC are very fortunate to have these guys come through as often as they've had--makes sense becuase of the dense population. For those fans in Iowa, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah etc that drool each time they hear the band keep returning to the more densely populated east coast, don't deny them their chance to come out and see them just because they live in the sticks.

With my luck if I ever have to leave Colorado, PJ will be playing Red Rocks right after I am gone.
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    In2Deep wrote:
    At least PJ is playing in your town. Rest of us have to pay travel expenses to see them.

Here here. They haven't played in Phoenix since '03. I have no choice but to travel to see my favorite band.

And I was also born and raised in NYC, lived there until I was 28 years old and I admit that I am a hot tempered schmuck-ette who would push you out of the way to get what I want. ;) I was shut out of MSG1, so right now I want MSG tix. Look out!! :D

KJ