MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    thanks for playing national league. we'll take that pennant back again.

GO. PHILS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

GO. PHILS.

C'mon, man. This is the same blase' attitude that got us in trouble from the second week of April on. Let's get that division lead first.

With that said, I'm going huuuuuge with my playoff tailgates this year.

GO. PHILS.

C'mon, man. This is the same blase' attitude that got us in trouble from the second week of April on. Let's get that division lead first.

i hope we have good weather for the parade again... :lol::lol:

GO PHILS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

GO. PHILS.

i hope we have good weather for the parade again... :lol::lol:

GO PHILS!

Kind of like last year?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

GO. PHILS.

speaking of tailgate, anyone hitting the petty show on saturday?
    The Fixer wrote:

GO. PHILS.

speaking of tailgate, anyone hitting the petty show on saturday?

i should have gotten tickets.....KOL next week though
    chinese-happy.jpg

I would rather slam my dick in a car door than see the Kings of Leon live again.

Wanted to go to Petty, didn't feeling like paying $120 a ticket though.

eh...think we discussed this, but I saw them a few times last fall. decent show, but their setlists contain mostly their worst songs. I'm done with them until they go back to music that doesn't suck.

concerts are always fun though...if the band sucks you just drink more and intentionally sing the wrong words. at least that's what I do
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I would rather slam my dick in a car door than see the Kings of Leon live again.

120?! Ffffffuck that. I'm sure it would be a good time, but fudge that. And KOL do not deserve playing the places they are playing. I like them and all, though that last album has almost made them fall out of any kind of relevance with me, but they shouldn't be playing the WFC or Spectrum for 50 bucks or whatever those tickets are going for. But hey, I can't knock them for listening to their PR and marketing people to do what was needed to make a ton of money.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

120?! Ffffffuck that. I'm sure it would be a good time, but fudge that. And KOL do not deserve playing the places they are playing. I like them and all, though that last album has almost made them fall out of any kind of relevance with me, but they shouldn't be playing the WFC or Spectrum for 50 bucks or whatever those tickets are going for. But hey, I can't knock them for listening to their PR and marketing people to do what was needed to make a ton of money.

my brother is in the fan club, so he got tix for 90. I don't blame you guys though. If he didn't get tix ahead of time I would have passed

can't go wrong with petty, even if he does look like alice cooper at this point
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

my brother is in the fan club, so he got tix for 90. I don't blame you guys though. If he didn't get tix ahead of time I would have passed

i'd see petty if it was the sony block buster entertainment center. not at the corestates center though.

jp--i dont get your point about kol. i agree with their last album being nothing compared to their first 3. but with the amount of records they're selling, how could they not be playing places like the e-center
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

Thats sweet, I would have done that. His shows are a great time, saw him a few years ago and was a blast but $120 was just too much for me to pay for Petty. I think it was $120 before fees too.
    jp--i dont get your point about kol. i agree with their last album being nothing compared to their first 3. but with the amount of records they're selling, how could they not be playing places like the e-center

Maybe it's just me and my snobbish ways. That band belongs playing in places that doesn't house more than 1000 people and people are sweating their balls off and getting drunk.

The reason their playing those kind of places is because of that last shitty album, and bringing on a ton of shitty fans. A buddy of mine's 23 year old valley girl sister posted on Facebook, "Listening to old school KOL and loving it." I wanted to shoot myself.

Maybe it's just me and my snobbish ways. That band belongs playing in places that doesn't house more than 1000 people and people are sweating their balls off and getting drunk.

The reason their playing those kind of places is because of that last shitty album, and bringing on a ton of shitty fans. A buddy of mine's 23 year old valley girl sister posted on Facebook, "Listening to old school KOL and loving it." I wanted to shoot myself.

they've been closing their sets with Use Somebody. That's probably their worst song.

AIDS
    The Fixer wrote:

they've been closing their sets with Use Somebody. That's probably their worst song.

AIDS

Don't even get me started on that fucking song.

Dobbs was temporarily coming to the plate with that song. I was spasming in my seat, started to get a case of claustrophobia and had to get the hell outta there immediately.

That's terrible. I wouldn't be able to stand it. I think I would punch someone in the face over and over out of reflex.

I thought 'Because Of The Times' was as poppy as they were gonna get. And I like that album.
    The Fixer wrote:

AIDS

Don't even get me started on that fucking song.

Dobbs was temporarily coming to the plate with that song. I was spasming in my seat, started to get a case of claustrophobia and had to get the hell outta there immediately.

That's terrible. I wouldn't be able to stand it. I think I would punch someone in the face over and over out of reflex.

I thought 'Because Of The Times' was as poppy as they were gonna get. And I like that album.

they'll never be able to top their debut and subsequent album. i've never seen them before so i am really pysched for it. i am going with a bunch of people who never heard of them before 2008 though. either way, the tailgate scene down at the e-center is always a great time.

have you ever seen them?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    they'll never be able to top their debut and subsequent album. i've never seen them before so i am really pysched for it. i am going with a bunch of people who never heard of them before 2008 though. either way, the tailgate scene down at the e-center is always a great time.

have you ever seen them?

Nah, I wish I did pre-last album.

I saw this video of them from Bonnaroo from like 6 years ago, and it looked bad ass. Today? Not so much.

I wouldn't mind seeing them I guess, bigger of a crowd than I like to see them around though. Wish I saw them when they played the Electric Factory with The Whigs.

If you wanna do yourself a favor, go see The Black Keys at Penn's Landing on Friday night. And more than anything, see My Morning Jacket at the same place at the end of August. Now that is a show that's going to fucking rock and/or roll.
    The Gaslight Anthem are at Penns Landing tonight, the small venue closer to market street. Thinking about going.

I saw KOL at ACL last year. It was a festival so I am sure that played into it, but it was horrific. The crowd was awful and they just stood in one place and played. Didn't get into the music or anything, just stood in one place for 2 hours straight without changing facial expressions. We left early only to find out when we got back to the hotel that EV came out on stage. Was a bit pissed off we missed that but overall it was a pretty brutal. Not saying it won't be a good time jeags, I just didn't enjoy it.

have you ever seen them?

I saw this video of them from Bonnaroo from like 6 years ago, and it looked bad ass. Today? Not so much.

I wouldn't mind seeing them I guess, bigger of a crowd than I like to see them around though. Wish I saw them when they played the Electric Factory with The Whigs.

If you wanna do yourself a favor, go see The Black Keys at Penn's Landing on Friday night. And more than anything, see My Morning Jacket at the same place at the end of August. Now that is a show that's going to fucking rock and/or roll.

I have seen them 4 times if you include opening for PJ in west palm beach

slow night, so long is one of my top 10 favorite all time songs...'I hate her face, but enjoy her company' . Love it
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Gaslight Anthem are at Penns Landing tonight, the small venue closer to market street.
    Thinking about going.

Yeah, if I had dough I'd be going with a bunch of friends who are - good time. Solid band live.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Gaslight Anthem are at Penns Landing tonight, the small venue closer to market street.
    Thinking about going.

Yeah, if I had dough I'd be going with a bunch of friends who are - good time. Solid band live.

Yeah, $35 i think it is. Kind of a lot for them. Going to see if my woman is up for it when I get out of here. Walking distance to my place. Have you seen them?
    edited July 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thinking about going.

Yeah, $35 i think it is. Kind of a lot for them. Going to see if my woman is up for it when I get out of here. Walking distance to my place. Have you seen them?

Yeah, saw them at the Troc for a lot cheaper than that. They're decent. Black Keys are like the same price and much more worth it.

I can't wait to be in walking distance of things again...

have you ever seen them?

i'll do you one better and see the black keys open for KOL next thursday...HEY. OH. actually i will probably be too wasted in the parking lot to make it in, but we'll see.

and i think i am seeing that mmj show. my brother wants to go to. that is some quality right there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, saw them at the Troc for a lot cheaper than that. They're decent. Black Keys are like the same price and much more worth it.

That sweet, I have not been to the Troc, want to get there though. I like the Black Keys a lot, saw Dan Auerbach at ACL and really enjoyed it. Might have to go to that tomorrow.
    And yeah, walking distance is fucking fantastic. I rarely drive anymore anywhere.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That sweet, I have not been to the Troc, want to get there though. I like the Black Keys a lot, saw Dan Auerbach at ACL and really enjoyed it. Might have to go to that tomorrow.

Yeah, that'll be a sweet Friday night. Do it up.

I love everything and anything on Fat Possum Records. Went to go see the Heartless Bastards at the North Star, and ended up getting reeeeally drunk on Dogfish Head IPA and left before they took the stage. Paid 16 bucks to go sit on a bar stool for 3 hours and leave.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that'll be a sweet Friday night. Do it up.

I love everything and anything on Fat Possum Records. Went to go see the Heartless Bastards at the North Star, and ended up getting reeeeally drunk on Dogfish Head IPA and left before they took the stage. Paid 16 bucks to go sit on a bar stool for 3 hours and leave.

i'll be at the black keys show tom. passed on the gaslight anthem although would like to see them since i haven't yet (money issues).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    No gaslight anthem for me either, box office at the venue only takes cash, didn't feel like lookng for a ATM and heading back. Tickets were $28 there though, less expensive than with live nation fees, keep that in mind
    capps for wilson ramos. you've got to be kidding me. what the hell are the twins thinking?
    The Fixer wrote:
    capps for wilson ramos. you've got to be kidding me. what the hell are the twins thinking?

That's insane. Last I heard they wouldn't give up Ramos for Cliff Lee, now they give him up for Capps. Huh?