Options

poster damaged in the mail.

i am a targeti am a target Posts: 806
edited August 2008 in The Porch
what kind of luck has anyone had with filing a claim with the post office over damaged goods (posters) that aren't insured? i had my columbia AP show up with some folds and a fucked up lower edge. i bought it from a board member not ames bros. i'm sure the kind soul i bought it from and i will be able to work something out. i just want to see if there's any hope for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    From what I've heard, even INSURED packages can be quite a hassle. I had an LP that was damaged during a trade, and even though I had insured the package, the guy I was trading with was basically told by a postal service worker that the process was a total pain and quite lengthy. It also seemed to be dependent on whether or not the person shipping the item had kept the insurance receipt.

Wish I could say more, but I've never actually had to claim something. Yet.

Good luck.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    hobbes wrote:
    what kind of luck has anyone had with filing a claim with the post office over damaged goods (posters) that aren't insured? i had my columbia AP show up with some folds and a fucked up lower edge. i bought it from a board member not ames bros. i'm sure the kind soul i bought it from and i will be able to work something out. i just want to see if there's any hope for me.
    Shit out of luck I'm afraid. Without an insurance policy there is no recourse. Even the seller isn't responsible. Were you offered insurance? If not, how much was shipping? To and from the lower 48 is in the $10-12 range with ample insurance.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    Yeah you are pretty much beat, I mean I am still fighting with FedEx with my ruined West Palm posters. Looks like my tube was run over with a forklift and then dragged behind the truck from FL to NJ. I am still waiting on my claim. We will see what happens. Good luck to you.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    hobbes wrote:

Good luck. That's what asking for insurance when shipping is for. The post office makes it known that parcels and tubes always have that chance of getting damaged if they are not insured. My husband works for them.
  • Options
    i know now that it was insured. surely the process can't be horrible if that's the case..
  • Options
    it is pretty much exactly how it happened in Seinfeld. Someone will interrogate you a long as possible to make sure you aren't trying to cheat the system. Then, inevitably, they find revealing pictures of you that may or may not imply your involvement in some sort of half-naked male picture trading ring
    Music for Rhinos
  • Options
    JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MO Posts: 179
    Even if you have insurance the policy usually is you have to turn in the item, file a claim and you will get reimbursed the amount the items worth (at least that is what I had to go through). It was not worth it in the end because it was a one of a kind item that was rare so there are not many, if any, replacements out there.
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago