Options

Please play WASH in DC !!!!

embraceembrace Posts: 849
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Would LOVE to hear this- going to the show with some friends from high school with whom I got into PJ with in 92- It's already going to be great time but WASH would be killer.
got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    embrace wrote:
    Would LOVE to hear this- going to the show with some friends from high school with whom I got into PJ with in 92- It's already going to be great time but WASH would be killer.

Wash DC

Hmmmm.....just sounds appropriate :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Wash DC

Hmmmm.....just sounds appropriate :)

hahaha - so right (took me a sec) Even more reason to play it!
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Yes, please play Wash. Better yet- please open with it, unless you decide to open with Oceans.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Oh boy, I'd be on the first bus to DC if they played Wash. Provided I get tix to MSG, I may start the same thread for NYC. Never seen it live, hands down my favourite PJ song. I think I would just about flatline hearing that live!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Tone wrote:
    Oh boy, I'd be on the first bus to DC if they played Wash. Provided I get tix to MSG, I may start the same thread for NYC. Never seen it live, hands down my favourite PJ song. I think I would just about flatline hearing that live!

I was lucky enough to see them open with it at the PNC Bank Center in NJ in 2003.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Tone wrote:

I think it's such a great song and it's pretty amazing live - Good Luck on MSG tix- 15 minutes to go (if we don't get WASH in DC then I hope to hear it at msg either night)

• Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    Yes, please play Wash. Better yet- please open with it, unless you decide to open with Oceans.

Agreed, forget Wash... play OCEANS to open!
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    embrace wrote:

and footsteps
    I would love to hear both of those songs on this tour.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Wash is amazing live- I have only seen it once- one of my favorite songs
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    and footsteps
    I would love to hear both of those songs on this tour.

Footsteps is also incredible!!! I love when Ed's voice cracks a bit "It WAS you..It WAS you" I get chills-

• Options
    I was lucky enough to see them open with it at the PNC Bank Center in NJ in 2003.

Oh fantastic. In 2005 they played it in Ottawa, the same night I was seeing U2 in Toronto... I was still guttered, lol.
    embrace wrote:
    I think it's such a great song and it's pretty amazing live - Good Luck on MSG tix- 15 minutes to go (if we don't get WASH in DC then I hope to hear it at msg either night)

Well, I'm in for both nights. Section 311 night 1 and section 410 night 2 and I'm happy as a pig in mud! So, here's hoping they play Wash in both DC AND NYC ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    Oh fantastic. In 2005 they played it in Ottawa, the same night I was seeing U2 in Toronto... I was still guttered, lol.

Well, I'm in for both nights. Section 311 night 1 and section 410 night 2 and I'm happy as a pig in mud! So, here's hoping they play Wash in both DC AND NYC ;)

We were in Ottawa in 05- what a sick show- I was just thinking about this the other day- they had so much rage that night

MSG-We're section 315 night 1 (TM presale) and 10c night 2-congrats to you on scoring tix!!

• Options
    embrace wrote:
    We were in Ottawa in 05- what a sick show- I was just thinking about this the other day- they had so much rage that night

MSG-We're section 315 night 1 (TM presale) and 10c night 2-congrats to you on scoring tix!!

Thanks! I'm stoked, still trying to calm down ;)

I heard that Ottawa show was phenomenal! I'm upset I missed out on downloading it from basecamp.
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    Thanks! I'm stoked, still trying to calm down ;)

I heard that Ottawa show was phenomenal! I'm upset I missed out on downloading it from basecamp.

I'm trying to calm down myself- if I'm this excited now the week of shows I'm going to be stooopid!

try the download/share thread for Ottawa- I am pretty sure it is there if you still want a copy...

• Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    WASH is absolutely AMAZING live. I've been fortunate enough to have seen them open with it a bunch of times now...twice in Philly/Camden on seperate dates ofcourse...I think WASH and RELEASE are their two best openers...
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    I'm trying to calm down myself- if I'm this excited now the week of shows I'm going to be stooopid!

try the download/share thread for Ottawa- I am pretty sure it is there if you still want a copy...

LOL, no kidding! I haven't been able to concentrate on anything all day (well, since the first 10c sale really). Thanks for the tip on the Ottawa thread, I never seem to move off this board to look at the others ;)
  • Options
    WEAPONX24 wrote:
    WASH is absolutely AMAZING live. I've been fortunate enough to have seen them open with it a bunch of times now...twice in Philly/Camden on seperate dates ofcourse...I think WASH and RELEASE are their two best openers...

Yeah, I've seen them open with Release 3 or 4 times. Love it!

Fingers crossed we hear Wash and Release in June ;)
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    LOL, no kidding! I haven't been able to concentrate on anything all day (well, since the first 10c sale really). Thanks for the tip on the Ottawa thread, I never seem to move off this board to look at the others ;)

This place is going to get crazy in early June!!

check out 05 here- first page
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=249682&highlight=ottawa+2005

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssshhhhhhhh my loooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeee

yeah that would be sweet

you know its gonna be a good show when they open with that shit
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    This place is going to get crazy in early June!!

check out 05 here- first page
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=249682&highlight=ottawa+2005

Awesome, thanks for that ;)
  • Options
    bump for tomorrow!!

GARDEN would be a great opener ;)