Options

Jeff and the Mule

BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
edited September 2008 in The Porch
I was at my local head shop wearing a Pearl Jam shirt when the lady behind the counter stops me and said "You know I met the bassist from that band" I was a bit surprised but I asked where? She said that she was at a Gov't Mule show and didnt have tickets and Jeff found them outside and got to talking and got them in the show because he was sitting in With Gov't Mule for a little while. Is this true did Jeff ever sit in with the great Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule?
Shows:
San Diego 2003
Grand Rapids 2004
Grand Rapids 2006
Detroit 2006
Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Don't know... but if it ever did happen... THAT would be awesome. I do know that the Mule covers "Nothingman," "Indifference," and "Hunger Strike" on occasion.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    BinGnarly wrote:
    I was at my local head shop wearing a Pearl Jam shirt when the lady behind the counter stops me and said "You know I met the bassist from that band" I was a bit surprised but I asked where? She said that she was at a Gov't Mule show and didnt have tickets and Jeff found them outside and got to talking and got them in the show because he was sitting in With Gov't Mule for a little while. Is this true did Jeff ever sit in with the great Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule?
    any idea of the year?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    And where did this happen? THAT show I'd like to see.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Jeanwah wrote:
    And where did this happen? THAT show I'd like to see.
    I was thinking the same :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I dont know I didnt ask much I just told her that it was cool. She said Jeff was a really nice guy.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Not sure if that happened (at least publicly) but if it did that would be BAD ASS!!!!!!

Warren Haynes is one of my favorite musicians and guitarists. That guy is just insanely good!
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    mca47 wrote:
    Not sure if that happened (at least publicly) but if it did that would be BAD ASS!!!!!!

Warren Haynes is one of my favorite musicians and guitarists. That guy is just insanely good!

Saw him with the Brothers and Rat Dog a couple of weeks ago. Warren and Derek are worth the price of admission, I don't care what songs they play. Seeing Jeff play with them would be super special.

BTW... Bobbie was on, Rat Dog played for 2 1/5 hours before the Brothers came on. Nice night of music.

Just checked Mule Net and Jeff is NOT listed as a guest performer. Could have been a jam or something, but never on stage.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~