Options

Does anyone ever remember any shows that Ed actually sounded so bad?

CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
edited July 2008 in The Porch
That you didnt want to be there........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    No!!!!!!!!

Thread closed.....:)
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    Me neither... but I have been at plenty of other shows that I can remeber I did want to leave of course I didnt. Especially RHCP!

What the fuck with the thread closed shit. Who the fuck are you man/woman! Or should I say child! Fuck you!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    Me neither... but I have been at plenty of other shows that I can remeber I did want to leave of course I didnt. Especially RHCP!

What the fuck with the thread closed shit. Who the fuck are you man/woman! Or should I say child! Fuck you!
    what's up with the attitude? I think he was just saying that there has NEVER been a bad PJ show because it's a PJ show.

No need to act like that one here
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:

Cupofjoe you must not get my humour...That sucks!!! Maybe you should change the java for a shot of whisky and nicely packed bowl....:)
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    what's up with the attitude? I think he was just saying that there has NEVER been a bad PJ show because it's a PJ show.

No need to act like that one here
    The thread closed shit has got to end....
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Cupofjoe you must not get my humour...That sucks!!! Maybe you should change the java for a shot of whisky and nicely packed bowl....:)
    Its been a while but come on who are you to say thread closed. I was trying to bring up a good topic and you smash it right off the bat.
  • Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    The thread closed shit has got to end....
    it's just his way of saying- end of discussion- it's cool, people will still comment on it.

I believe that PJ has never played a bad show, nor has Ed sounded bad. They may have a sub par night or an off night, but I still feel very lucky to be in the crowd

Thread Closed

jk :) Sorry, I couldn't resist
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    release30 wrote:
    No!!!!!!!!

Thread closed.....:)

I smashed your thread by voicing my opinion to your question with my answer no??

And my humorous "Thread closed"... was more towards that I hope the next few posters agree that Ed has not sounded bad enough to leave the show...

Hey man take a deep breath..Put on a PJ DVD and relax.....:)
  • Options
    release30 wrote:

Hey man take a deep breath..Put on a PJ DVD and relax.....:)

...crack open a beer or light up- it's Friday!!!!! :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    john dakerjohn daker Posts: 18
    i remember at phoenix '03 Ed's throat sounded dry and trashed but that did not sound so bad as to make me want to leave... and it certainly didn't take anything away from the profound experience of seeing the greatest rock band alive. it seems like he even apologized about his throat but i can't blame him... AZ is so dry. too dry, and hot... the band always seems a little trashed by our horrible heat/dryness when they come to AZ. i'm just glad that they have come. it's amazing what a moving performance they can put on even when they're not feeling 100%.
    07/08/1998 - phoenix ... 06/03/2003 - irvine 2 ... 06/07/2003 - phoenix ... 07/06/2006 - vegas ... 07/10/2006 - l.a.

http://www.myspace.com/willhambfg
  • Options
    john daker wrote:
    i remember at phoenix '03 Ed's throat sounded dry and trashed but that did not sound so bad as to make me want to leave... and it certainly didn't take anything away from the profound experience of seeing the greatest rock band alive. it seems like he even apologized about his throat but i can't blame him... AZ is so dry. too dry, and hot... the band always seems a little trashed by our horrible heat/dryness when they come to AZ. i'm just glad that they have come. it's amazing what a moving performance they can put on even when they're not feeling 100%.
    yeah, I was at that show- we had a great time. Yeah, I if I remember it correctly, he blames it on partying too much in Vegas the night before :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    LukinFan wrote:
    yeah, I was at that show- we had a great time. Yeah, I if I remember it correctly, he blames it on partying too much in Vegas the night before :)

So was I, GREAT SHOW! 7th row Stones side and I believe the line used by ed was "fucking las vegas". :)

If I also remember correctly(and this is going off memory here). Wasnt this one of the 1st times they let Matt kind of "GO OFF" so to speak during an extended jam at the end of immortality with a big spot light on him? One of the first I recall anyhow..:D

That said, there were a few shows during the 95 tour where ed had some voice probs. But NEVER anything that would make a show unenjoyable or want to leave. imho that is.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12