Options

Mystery solved...

JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So, I was intrigued by Matt Cameron's side project Harrybu McCage, and what that name could mean. The music is outstanding, and I am impressed yet again by a Pearl Jam individual member's side project that is as amazing as this is, without compromising the integrity of Pearl Jam. So many bands fall apart when their individual members start playing the "side project' game. Not Pearl Jam... they are professionals in every sense of the word.

But back to Harrybu McCage... and that name... what is it about that name that is causing it to swirl around my brain non-stop since I heard it the first time?!?

Then it came to me...

Harrybu McCage = Hairy Boom in Cage

(You don't believe me?!? Say it out loud.)

Matt named his side project in a way that reveals how he feels about Mr. Boom Gaspar, without being obvious about it. And he almost got away with it too!
For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I saw it right away here it is:

the guys in the group are Geoff Harper
    Ryan Burns
    Matt Cameron

take the first letters of all their names and last names minus Matt and you get:

HARper
    RYan
    BUrns
    MAtt
    CAmeron
    GEoff

HARRYBU MACAGE add the C inthere from who knows where and you have it

don't ask how I figured it out, I seriously looked in the liner notes and immedaitely that came into my head
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    JamilyMan wrote:
    So, I was intrigued by Matt Cameron's side project Harrybu McCage, and what that name could mean. The music is outstanding, and I am impressed yet again by a Pearl Jam individual member's side project that is as amazing as this is, without compromising the integrity of Pearl Jam. So many bands fall apart when their individual members start playing the "side project' game. Not Pearl Jam... they are professionals in every sense of the word.

But back to Harrybu McCage... and that name... what is it about that name that is causing it to swirl around my brain non-stop since I heard it the first time?!?

Then it came to me...

Harrybu McCage = Hairy Boom in Cage

(You don't believe me?!? Say it out loud.)

Matt named his side project in a way that reveals how he feels about Mr. Boom Gaspar, without being obvious about it. And he almost got away with it too!

Quite possibly the BEST thing I have read today...You had me hook line and sinker til the end...HAHAHA...Thanks for the laugh!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Quite possibly the BEST thing I have read today...You had me hook line and sinker til the end...HAHAHA...Thanks for the laugh!
    hahaha, me too!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    HA! I lol-ed. and yes, I said it out loud :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln