LBC - remembering Roskilde in Berlin

Comments

• GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    oh guys...I am sooo excited...my heart feels like an ocean tonight...I choose this little but meaningful thread just to write up my instant thoughts for the moment... ...Dublin...Belfast...dreaming of it...meeting all you guys, seeing the band...before (tomorrow!) and shortly after that visiting a friend in Berlin...Friday 8 hrs via train to the "south pole" of Germany - Oberstdorf - meeting of former patients of the clinic I was in last year for 9 weeks...I am getting very sentimental about that...see, it is called a clinic but it's actually not a clinic in a classical way...it's a hotel where people are living together in a group therapeutical process...wow...it's one year ago...can't believe that...this place saved my life in a way... ...and then returning to Berlin, meeting other friends and then again you guys at the Wuhlheide, celebrating another amazing show and the remembrance of our friends...

...there is just one word that I still believe in.
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
    Off I go...
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    ciao from London!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    GetALife wrote:
    Off I go...

Hey, thanks again for starting this! I just saw that you posted the same on studiVZ, but nobody replied there. :( Fortunately, the response was so much better here :) this will be a great night next wednesday! See you all in Berlin!
    We’re ten thousand points of lights..........thanks Eddie.....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    GetALife wrote:
    oh guys...I am sooo excited...my heart feels like an ocean tonight...I choose this little but meaningful thread just to write up my instant thoughts for the moment... ...Dublin...Belfast...dreaming of it...meeting all you guys, seeing the band...before (tomorrow!) and shortly after that visiting a friend in Berlin...Friday 8 hrs via train to the "south pole" of Germany - Oberstdorf - meeting of former patients of the clinic I was in last year for 9 weeks...I am getting very sentimental about that...see, it is called a clinic but it's actually not a clinic in a classical way...it's a hotel where people are living together in a group therapeutical process...wow...it's one year ago...can't believe that...this place saved my life in a way... ...and then returning to Berlin, meeting other friends and then again you guys at the Wuhlheide, celebrating another amazing show and the remembrance of our friends...

...there is just one word that I still believe in.

:)
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    So what exaclty are we gonne do? Lighters? singing LBC in a choir?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    So what exaclty are we gonne do? Lighters? singing LBC in a choir?
    read the letter :)
    What letter?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Read it. touching letter! Will bring my lighter (in case someone got cannabis to offer outside the arena) and so will my friends!
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    im bit sceptical about the effect of the lighters as its gonna be complete daylight till the end of the show as there is this stupid curfew at 22.00 ... but will bring my lighter ofcourse :)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    im bit sceptical about the effect of the lighters as its gonna be complete daylight till the end of the show as there is this stupid curfew at 22.00 ... but will bring my lighter ofcourse

maybe should have waited till the second encore break then... hmm :/
  • DevonPearlDevonPearl Posts: 284
    Sun is going down at 21:30. So bring ur lighters.
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Good luck tomorrow everyone. I will light a candle in my garden, and lots more of us will be there in spirit too.

Could somebody tell me the start time of the concert please? I'm sure the band will appreciate the concerted effort. You sound highly organised - might just be spectacular!

Good luck everybody reading this. We all have a part to play. peace, love & tears - t
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • DevonPearlDevonPearl Posts: 284
    Start should be at 18:30 local time with Ben Harper. PJ should start about 19:45.
    DevonPearl wrote:
    Start should be at 18:30 local time with Ben Harper. PJ should start about 19:45.

Brilliant, thanks. I can do the maths for BST!

hey guys...that was a great show :) ... really touching...beside some pricks that are always yelling in those moments...( :evil: ) ... well, the thing did not work out as expected since the daylight disappeared just when the show ended (and obviously we could not inform enough people or people forgot about, I don't know)...but in the moment Ed mentioned the day 10 years ago today leading into the minute of silence and then "Come back"...a bunch of people put out their lighters and lightened up the place quite good... well, things rarely turn out what you dream them to be ... I am happy for the energy and connections made up here and yesterday...hope we see again soon guys...

there is still and even more just one word that I still believe in...!
    the thing didnt work after main set but that was better !!!cos happen in the moment need to happen!!!and all the people understand the moment and open the mobile or their lighters...was so beautiful...congrats to all for knowing to respect the moment and honor our brothers..
    the thing didnt work after main set but that was better !!!cos happen in the moment need to happen!!!and all the people understand the moment and open the mobile or their lighters...was so beautiful...congrats to all for knowing to respect the moment and honor our brothers..

You did very well to raise people's awareness of the significance of the show and the date beforehand

• The lights suggestion kinda worked:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N00/4753005858/

Thanks to the OP for bringing it to peopl'e attention.
    The lights suggestion kinda worked:

Wow, that is a brilliant photo, and a fitting tribute. Agreed, thanks to the original poster.

Do you mind if I do this (v)?

If you do I will remove it.

Thx

t

4753005858_8daafb953e.jpg

tremors wrote:
    The lights suggestion kinda worked:

Wow, that is a brilliant photo, and a fitting tribute. Agreed, thanks to the original poster.

Thx

t

4753005858_8daafb953e.jpg
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • tremors wrote:

Thx

t

Not at all :D
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    tremors wrote:

Thx

t

Not at all :D

Brill - I'm gonna put it at the end of the 'Berlin Setlist' thread where I was in attendence. I think it kind of needs it.

• Lost nine friends we'll never know thirteen years ago today
    Happy up here in my tree
    20 years ago today