Options

Don't Buy From A Scalper!

i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
edited June 2008 in The Porch
if you get there early enough just troll around and some fan will probably have an extra they're looking to unload for face value.

i stood outside the colonial center holding one ticket (making it obvious i was selling it) and the first fan to approach me was the one i sold it to. i also made him come inside with me and gave the ticket checker them together since i had a front row seat. i can only imagine how he felt when i told him where they were.

so you never know what kind soul might be out there waiting to make your day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    the thing you have to be VERY careful with is scalpers who try to sell the tickets that are printed from Ticketmaster. they can print 10 copies, sell them all, and then only the first person to get to the gate will get in.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    the thing you have to be VERY careful with is scalpers who try to sell the tickets that are printed from Ticketmaster. they can print 10 copies, sell them all, and then only the first person to get to the gate will get in.

thats why i haven't and will never buy from one of those idiots carrying the "i need tickets" signs.
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    hobbes wrote:
    if you get there early enough just troll around and some fan will probably have an extra they're looking to unload for face value.

i stood outside the colonial center holding one ticket (making it obvious i was selling it) and the first fan to approach me was the one i sold it to. i also made him come inside with me and gave the ticket checker them together since i had a front row seat. i can only imagine how he felt when i told him where they were.

you didn't bring in that guy that was trippin' on extasy did you...:p ;):o
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    hobbes wrote:
    thats why i haven't and will never buy from one of those idiots carrying the "i need tickets" signs.
    I threw my coke at the guy off the interstate in WPB
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    hobbes wrote:

That's cool - bet it more than made their year!! I believe that's Karma right there ;) !
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    you are wrote:
    you didn't bring in that guy that was trippin' on extasy did you...:p ;):o

this was the columbia show..was he the huge saved headed guy? that fucker was going nuts.
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    this was the columbia show..was he the huge saved headed guy? that fucker was going nuts.

yes, i was at the columbia show in the second row....that guy freaked me out! :eek: it's kinda funny looking back on it, but at the time...not so much! ;)

i was front and center in seat 28 where were you?
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    you are wrote:
    yes, i was at the columbia show in the second row....that guy freaked me out! :eek: it's kinda funny looking back on it, but at the time...not so much! ;)

i was front and center in seat 28 where were you?

i was to your left. first row. seat 40. gangly kid with a green shirt on.

he was kind of out of his mind..i kept looking at him just to keep my eye on what he was doing..
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Man what a lucky guy dont worry the good deed will come back ur way in no time
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    i was to your left. first row. seat 40. gangly kid with a green shirt on.

he was kind of out of his mind..i kept looking at him just to keep my eye on what he was doing..

i see now, you're in one of my pics where eddie is waiting on his wine to come back to him

and i was glad that guy left during the first encore
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    you are wrote:
    i see now, you're in one of my pics where eddie is waiting on his wine to come back to him

yeah. it was kind of odd having ed sitting right there. literally two feet from me.
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    you are wrote:

I saw that guy - I was wondering where he went. I was row 4 and he was almost directly in front of me, slightly to the left.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    When I went to camden during the 2003 tour, I had someone with me that didn't have a ticket..so we are driving in an he pays $100 to a guy who has this whole roll of tickets..

It was fake.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Yeah, I had extras in WPB and Columbia and sold to concert goers. I'd rather eat the cost then sell to a scalper. It isn't that I'm scared of scalpers, but a lot of them are and look like scum. One threatened me in Pittsburgh for selling near him. Still sold my ticket though.

Damn, 32 shows and I've only got within 10 rows once. I would have loved to run into Hobbes at that show and get front row.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    LukinFan wrote:
    I threw my coke at the guy off the interstate in WPB

Then you sold the ticket to me.....Sweet!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    My friend and i had two extras to Virginia Beach. We couldn't even ask around because the cops were everywhere threatening to arrest on the spot even if you were selling for face. So we hung out in the lot for awhile and traded our 10C seats to some fans that didn't have good seats at all. They were super stoked. Then on the way we in we ended up selling their seats for like 20 bucks each. I too would rather eat the cost than sell to a scalper. Rather help out a fellow fan any day. Hope they enjoyed the show !!!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    In related news, don't take candy from strangers.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    I saw that guy - I was wondering where he went. I was row 4 and he was almost directly in front of me, slightly to the left.

unfortunately i made eye contact with him a couple of times. he looked at me so serious like he could see my soul....like he was a god! LOL, so weird!

anyway, to stay on topic - scalpers are bad...
    You got to spend it all