Options

Posters missing from 2000 tour...

homer19homer19 Posts: 24
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Anybody have any background or info on Ames Bros. posters not printed for a small group of shows in late 2000...around the time of the East Troy "Ice Bowl" show in October 2000? I heard once that there was a timing issue on getting posters printed for some shows, so they scrapped them. Any truth to this, or did they just not come up with posters for some shows?
St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Theres no poster for my first show :(

Saratoga 2000 :( :( :(
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Columbus 2000
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    No poster for Charlotte 2000 :(
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    They just didn't make them for some of the 2000 shows. There were a few released after the show that were done by a company called Missing Link. These posters were released and then the band stop the sale of them so not all the copies were sold.
    Pittsburgh http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1681
    Atlanta http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1676
    Chicago http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1683
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Qball wrote:
    They just didn't make them for some of the 2000 shows. There were a few released after the show that were done by a company called Missing Link. These posters were released and then the band stop the sale of them so not all the copies were sold.
    Pittsburgh http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1681
    Atlanta http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1676
    Chicago http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1683

that Chicago one is cool, but who the hell pays $1600 for a poster?
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    thunderDAN wrote:
    that Chicago one is cool, but who the hell pays $1600 for a poster?
    That poster is really tough to find but I wouldn't pay $1600 for it. Some consider those 3 posters bootlegs. I've heard a lot of stuff on those 3 but none of it is confirmed. All that I know is that they were sold by a company called missing link.
  • Options
    interesting to know. At one point I thought I read on the old TSIS site that Ames had some designed, but couldn't get them printed in time for certain shows late in the year. Always wondered if anyone ended up with proofs, test runs or sketches of what they looked like, but it sounds like they simply weren't created.
    St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
  • Options
    sokursokur Posts: 40
    homer19 wrote:
    Anybody have any background or info on Ames Bros. posters not printed for a small group of shows in late 2000...around the time of the East Troy "Ice Bowl" show in October 2000? I heard once that there was a timing issue on getting posters printed for some shows, so they scrapped them. Any truth to this, or did they just not come up with posters for some shows?

I met the Ames guys at an art show in a NYC bar and they said PJ and Ames only wanted to create posters for shows that had multiple nights. (i.e. Camden, Jones Beach, etc.). Some other sows got a few posters.

This was also around the time Ames were going crazy designing for MTV and others. So, it more seems to be a workload thing.
  • Options
    Makes sense to me. The "bootleg" posters by Missing Link are fairly weak...not suprised that the band shut them down fast.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Yeah- DC did not get one either
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    homer19 wrote:
    Makes sense to me. The "bootleg" posters by Missing Link are fairly weak...not suprised that the band shut them down fast.

the "bootleg" posters that did make it out were sold by the ten club. kinda hard to call 10c merch "bootleg", isn't it?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    dangerboy wrote:
    kinda hard to call 10c merch "bootleg", isn't it?
    unless it's "official" bootlegs :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    sokursokur Posts: 40
    dangerboy wrote:
    the "bootleg" posters that did make it out were sold by the ten club. kinda hard to call 10c merch "bootleg", isn't it?

10c did not sell the missing link posters. I bought and own the Chicago poster. It was not from 10C. The mailing for the posters were very similar to that of the Ames style mailings for poster sales at the time. The Missing Link group had the same mailing list as Ames distribution.

Would lead to believe it really was Ames making the posters, but the idea got shutdown quickly. Gladly for me, they honored the initial orders received.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    Theres no poster for my first show :(

Saratoga 2000 :( :( :(
    man that was my first show too!

and i agree with the no poster :(
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    wazzukickwazzukick Posts: 57
    No Boise either. They did however sell some leftover poster from the European leg at the show.
  • Options
    "bootleg" or not, I'm glad the other 2000 show I made it to, Vegas, was amazing, and had a great poster too!