Options

pearl jam to play Glastonbury

guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
edited June 2010 in The Porch
as you may or may not have heard u2 have pulled out of my beloved Glastonbury festi due to a back problem :cry: [ i wish him well ] but as i see it if muse are moved to the Friday slot then pj could play the Saturday. ;)
i know that means 3 gig in a row but its not impossible :roll:
so im pleading to the band make mine and thousands of others dream come true and play glastonbury :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    scouser tommyscouser tommy Posts: 189
    don't count your chickens
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    coldplay are said to be filling the gap

count your lucky stars you are getting coldplay rather than U2 if you ask me
  • Options
    its not confirmed yet old son but i really dont like the idea of dizzee headlining ;)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    you should add a ? at the end of the thread title
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Fender_Man wrote:

dear god, Glasto does so well selling tickets in advance
  • Options
    just seen the news would have been amazing but the Gorillaz are cool cheers . :now all we need is the sun 8-)
  • Options
    Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Fender_Man wrote:

Not the worst choice , but you have a good point there my friend.
    I was kinda' hoping the Bowie rumours had some substance.
  • Options
    never seen the Gorillaz but i here they put on a good show :)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Saw them a few weeks ago and it was a great show. Should be perfect for Glasto... have you all dancing in the fields ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Fender_Man wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Fender_Man wrote:

Oh man, I have never liked the gorillaz, fair enough the show may be good, but the music????? No way, glasto headliner....by god, if it wasnt albarn's creation no one would give a shit.

Glastonbury used to be relevant....they are making a joke of it.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    What about editing your thread title so some poor soul doesn't read 'pearl jam to play glastonbury' and think its happening?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Fender_Man wrote:

Oh man, I have never liked the gorillaz, fair enough the show may be good, but the music????? No way, glasto headliner....by god, if it wasnt albarn's creation no one would give a shit.

Glastonbury used to be relevant....they are making a joke of it.

Well I love Gorillaz :oops: :mrgreen: ... bought the first album pretty early on and have bought each album since

Honestly the gig I went to was a ton of fun ... haven't danced so much at a gig in a long time.

guypjfreak ... hope you enjoy it ;)

EDIT: it's worth it just to watch Mick Jones strut around the stage :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    What about editing your thread title so some poor soul doesn't read 'pearl jam to play glastonbury' and think its happening?
    JaneNY » soz old son dont know how to .
    pdalowsky i agree they [ Glastonbury ] should have a better head liner but shit happens
    chime cheers old son im going to make the best off and as you say ENJOY
    aaaahhahahahahahahah if only pj weren't playing over glasto :lol::lol: never mind thanks all
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ok nearly all packed 3 tipi's are on and all the family stuffs, just food to do and we'll hit the road in the morning, anyone wants to say hi, come look for the Tipi in the Earth circle of the Healing field, NOT the tipi field !! XXXXX :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Have a great Glastonbury V!