Options

Please Play Oceans in Dublin!

13»

Comments

• Options
    PaddYankPaddYank Posts: 64
    That might ensure that it will rain. I'm happy enough with Oceans, just a little something to make the gig extra special (similar to hearing Garden live back in 2000 at the Point show).
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    PaddYank wrote:
    That might ensure that it will rain. I'm happy enough with Oceans, just a little something to make the gig extra special (similar to hearing Garden live back in 2000 at the Point show).

Thats THE POINT!
    please play the Oceans...
  • Options
    PaddYankPaddYank Posts: 64
    Yes, are we going to get a Point joke this time around now? The venue isn't officially called The Point anymore though the Luas stop nearby is. This could give rise to a new Point joke/story. Ed could make up a story about crossing the ocean to get to find the Point but there was no point anymore except to play a great tune like Oceans (amongst others). We shall see on Tuesday.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Every time Pj have played the Point, theyve done something special.

96 they played hunger strike for the first time in yeeeeeears

2000 they played garden for the first time in many years AND lets not be forgettin ed taping himself up and stage diving during black.(during black! WTF?!)

2006 we got first live performance of Education and a new cover! Boys are
    Back in town..,

So, on their fourth visit to our little town lets hope they pull something magical out of the bag and I cant think of anythin more magical than opening with Oceans, given that we're an island people surrounded by oceans and an ancient sea faring people who would appreciate such a fitting relevant beautiful song.

Hopefully theyre here a week early like last time and maybe up in Donegal or down in Clare catching some surf in this lovely weather and that night help inspire it.

Here's hoping.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Not giving up hope.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Not long left now 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    I'll be spending abour 2.5 hours that morning on a ferry from Holyhead in Wales to Dublin, so Oceans would be a pretty appropriate opener for me. I'm going to get soooo seasick :(

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Does anyone have a DVD of that 00 black??

I was front row mikes side and didn't get a great view and would love to see it again!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I wouldn't mind Oceans ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?