Options

the 2010 shows are the best the band has sounded in years

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited June 2010 in The Porch
honestly, listening back to the boots of hartford, boston, and both nights at the garden, every song just sounds PERFECT. ed's vocals are easily the strongest they've been in years and the band sounds great. in my opinion this is the tightest and best the band has sounded since '00. if you listen to 08 and 09 shows and then listen to the recent 2010 shows i think it's a big difference. not taking anything away from 08 and 09, i love both of those tours and caught some absolutely incredible shows on them. but i'm just really amazed to how good every single song sounds on the 2010 boots. the band sounds incredible. who's with me?
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Tbh Ed is outta breath and struggles at times, it's still good but it isn't "perfect".
  • Options
    Vedderhead1Vedderhead1 Posts: 189
    honestly, listening back to the boots of hartford, boston, and both nights at the garden, every song just sounds PERFECT. ed's vocals are easily the strongest they've been in years and the band sounds great. in my opinion this is the tightest and best the band has sounded since '00. if you listen to 08 and 09 shows and then listen to the recent 2010 shows i think it's a big difference. not taking anything away from 08 and 09, i love both of those tours and caught some absolutely incredible shows on them. but i'm just really amazed to how good every single song sounds on the 2010 boots. the band sounds incredible. who's with me?

Agreed....and the boots sound amazing.... :D
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I thought the seven shows i saw in 2009 & 2010 sounded incredible and the band had found new energy or maybe have finally found comfort in their position and are enjoying it all.

I was fortunate to view than band from some amazing vantage points (in the first half a dozen rows on both sides Mike & Stone at LA3 & LA4; On the rail infromt of Jeff for Perth, Melbourne and Sydney; section 18 in Newark; and 211 slightly behind at MSG2) and got a great insight into the PJ show. The chemistry between band members was obvious and the chemistry between band and audience was touching and mind blowing when up- close and personal and really in their space. To watch others experiencing it when not close was great to see too. There was nothing forced or cliched, each night was a unique experience which left memories that will never fade for so many people. Listening to the boots just brings it all back.

For me Pearl Jam have transended from rock band to something more which is also felt by many others. They've raised the bar as to what a band can achieve without the use of pyros, gimmicks or cheese. With audience members claiming religious type experiences at shows and even casual fans reporting being blown away, and awesome reviews in the press, there is a synergy between band music and audience which everyone feels.

Pearl Jam no longer asipre to be as good as; or just sit alongside their own idols and influences but have surpassed many of them. When I compare my experiences at Pearl Jam shows with shows of other bands I love, there is an intangible something that puts a Pearl Jam show on a higher plane. It may just be me, maybe it's dark matter, but whatever it is I hope it continues for a long time to come.

Keep on rocking in the free world!!!
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    I thought the seven shows i saw in 2009 & 2010 sounded incredible and the band had found new energy or maybe have finally found comfort in their position and are enjoying it all.

I was fortunate to view than band from some amazing vantage points (in the first half a dozen rows on both sides Mike & Stone at LA3 & LA4; On the rail infromt of Jeff for Perth, Melbourne and Sydney; section 18 in Newark; and 211 slightly behind at MSG2) and got a great insight into the PJ show. The chemistry between band members was obvious and the chemistry between band and audience was touching and mind blowing when up- close and personal and really in their space. To watch others experiencing it when not close was great to see too. There was nothing forced or cliched, each night was a unique experience which left memories that will never fade for so many people. Listening to the boots just brings it all back.

For me Pearl Jam have transended from rock band to something more which is also felt by many others. They've raised the bar as to what a band can achieve without the use of pyros, gimmicks or cheese. With audience members claiming religious type experiences at shows and even casual fans reporting being blown away, and awesome reviews in the press, there is a synergy between band music and audience which everyone feels.

Pearl Jam no longer asipre to be as good as; or just sit alongside their own idols and influences but have surpassed many of them. When I compare my experiences at Pearl Jam shows with shows of other bands I love, there is an intangible something that puts a Pearl Jam show on a higher plane. It may just be me, maybe it's dark matter, but whatever it is I hope it continues for a long time to come.

Keep on rocking in the free world!!!

Fuckin A
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    KF283313KF283313 Posts: 35
    I totally agree. They sound tight and strong. Faster, better. The crowd has gotten smarter and more intuitive to all the songs... it's just a synergistic thing happening. We're all growing better together w/ each concert! I love how fast everyone was participating at MSG2! It was instant, and strong!! I was just comparing Unthought Known from 10/30 Philly to MSG 5/21, and the difference is big. Amazing. I love them more each concert I attend!
    if nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    The 2010 shows are awesome but the bootlegs suck ass and they don't do the shows justice.
  • Options
    the band....yes, they sound great. ed's voice? not good at all, by comparison to his younger self. of the three shows i went to - columbus, indy, and cleveland, it is most evident in the cleveland boot. but all three have moments where it's clear he's struggling. now, i won't blame it on the smoking or years of "hard" singing/screaming, because i think he had a cold or something. he kept blowing his nose and hawking loogies, so maybe that was it. but i noticed it a little in the chicago shows last summer too. he doesn't have the range or control he used to. and he's raspier. ok, the smoking is defnitely having a negative impact.

but yes, as a whole, the band sounds amazing.
  • Options
    You two guys should get together and form some kind of anti-Pearl Jam website together......That would be something at least productive for you two bashers.

These guys are in their 40's not 20's .......geez.......
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down