Options

Live on Two Legs

lednukelednuke Posts: 48
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I just got this on vinyl and for the first time REALLY looked at the cover. What is it a picture of? Does anyone know, i can't quite put it together.

Also, what is the reference to the police departments on the inside cover from?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    lednuke wrote:

Thanks

There was some Trouble in Hartford in 96
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    i asked this a while ago and the response i got was that it's a pic of mike holding the guitar behind his head.

not sure about the police dept though
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I digitally enhanced the image and this is what it came out to:

l4l.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    i asked this a while ago and the response i got was that it's a pic of mike holding the guitar behind his head.

yup....maybe squint or drop some acid ;)

Live+in+Two+Legs+%5B2004%5D.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

not sure about the police dept though

Yeah that makes sense, I see it now, Thanks! although I can see the cat too...
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    lednuke wrote:

Thanks

Actually it was 98 (I was there) and I heard that they were pepper spraying fans up front. PJ then vowed to never return to Hartford. There were some changes in the Hartford police dept. and PJ was promised that things had changed and now there back.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    I have always thought Stone was on the cover. Looks like the person is wearing glasses to me :?: :think:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    OGT92 wrote:
    lednuke wrote:

Thanks

Actually it was 98 (I was there) and I heard that they were pepper spraying fans up front. PJ then vowed to never return to Hartford. There were some changes in the Hartford police dept. and PJ was promised that things had changed and now there back.

And we are happy they are back. 06 was an ok show, then they gave us 08 and 10! My first two shows I've been blessed.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    edited June 2010
    op: you beat me to it! was going to post the same thread this week, but never got around to it. wondering the same shit. I see Ed's face in profile on right, and McCready's guitar in upper left. that's how I see it :D

I'm thinking it's meant to look "animalistic"? maybe ironically though. like human lives on two legs (rather than an animal on four legs). again just how I see it. or it could simply be blurry photos summing up a PJ concert quite nicely: quick and fury! anyway it IS a cool cover!

what's also cool is how, amongst other things, you can read the title literally. as all the songs from the record come from the 2 North American legs of the Yield tour:

Leg 1: June 20, 1998 thru July 22, 1998
    Leg 2: August 17, 1998 thru September 23, 1998
    Post edited by broloco on
  • Options

l4l.jpg

that's fucking great :lol: live on four legs!
  • Options
    broloco wrote:
    op: you beat me to it! was going to post the same thread this week, but never got around to it. wondering the same shit. I see Ed's face in profile on right, and McCready's guitar in upper left. that's how I see it :D

I'm thinking it's meant to look "animalistic"? maybe ironically though. like human lives on two legs (rather than an animal on four legs). again just how I see it. or it could simply be blurry photos summing up a PJ concert quite nicely: quick and fury! anyway it IS a cool cover!

what's also cool is how, amongst other things, you can read the title literally. as all the songs from the record come from the 2 North American legs of the Yield tour:

Leg 1: June 20, 1998 thru July 22, 1998
    Leg 2: August 17, 1998 thru September 23, 1998

These are some good points. I like the animalistic idea. And it makes sense of the two legs of the tour. Its just such a great record all around. My first experience with PJ was listening to LO2L with my dad on the way to hockey tournaments.
  • Options
    I have always thought Stone was on the cover. Looks like the person is wearing glasses to me :?: :think:

That's what I think too. It looks like a combination of Mike, Stone & Ed to me.
  • Options

Mike wears glasses sometimes.
  • Options

i see that. who'd you ask? curious
  • Options
    JUKINJUKIN Posts: 102
    as far as the raleigh part of it goes,its been a while, but ed went to the cats cradle bar the night before the gig and being that nc state ,duke, and unc college students frequent the place there were mostly borderline or underage ppl drinking and evidently this one kid ed kinda sorta shined up to and the next thing you know here comes raleighs finest and hassled the fella. ed felt kinda sorta responsible so i think he got him out of the lock up and needless to say the kid was backstage for the show the next day. he may even talk about it on the boot of the show. swear its true.
    jukin
  • Options

Mike wears glasses sometimes.

def Ed. see the frosted highlights? :mrgreen:
  • Options

l4l.jpg
    :lol:
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182

l4l.jpg

i almost passed out from laughing so hard...this is great :lol::lol: