Options

Ed the Enforcer

Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
edited June 2010 in The Porch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi16obhnonQ

:57 - physical enforcer (this part made me laugh out loud)
1:45 - verbal enforcer

Gotta love Ed.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i think it was dave lee roth once said at donington if you want to get on stage join a band , like you say you have to love ed . great vids to
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • Options
    awesome video
  • Options
    He did claim to work as a security guard in a past life. This may be his training in action.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Options
    Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    "So I'd apologize!"
    Outstanding.
    You must admire a band that takes
    the safety of it's fans so seriously.
    I heard tell of a Green Day concert in Winnipeg, MB,
    where Billie Joe stopped the show
    when a guy went head-first into the concrete floor
    from the crest of a crowd-surf.
    Nice contribution.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    Jeremy from the same show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1YC9G-UETE&feature=related

2:38 - great Ed death stare (hilarious)
    4:21 - threat of force with a blunt object (more hilarious, and totally justified)

And his speech at the end of the song is vintage Ed. What a great show.

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    These vids from way back are so cool. I always forget what those shows were like. Awesome!
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    One of my all time favorite shows (wish I could have been there). Saying No and I've Got a Feeling that night.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    gotta love pissed off Ed LOL awesome vids thanks for sharing :lol:
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    was it melkweg 92 where eddie picked up one of the stage divers and tossed him back into the crowd upside down?

that was always funny
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    was it melkweg 92 where eddie picked up one of the stage divers and tossed him back into the crowd upside down?

that was always funny

From twofeetthick:

02/12/92 – Melkweg: Amsterdam, Holland [70m]
    attendance: 500
    set: Wash, Once, Even Flow, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Black, Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Bad Mouth improv/Porch
    encore: I’ve Got a Feeling
    notes: The stage diving at this show is out of control, with Ed asking, “So who taught this guy to stage dive feet first?” and “Is this the stage diving Olympics or something?

I think you're right.

• Options