Options

my wife can't get enough....

momma_sonmomma_son Posts: 51
edited June 2010 in The Porch
ha! got ya.

like many of you I found my soul mate and she was not a PJ fan. It's not that she did not like them, but had never really listened to them. she is a great singer (country) and listened mostly to that. She has even gotten me into a lot of the new country which i like (brad paisley for one who is cool live). But i have always listened to pj 24/7 which she tolerated because of me :D then i took her to her first concert (pine knob mi, 2004) and she was hooked. She could not stop talking about how great the fans and crowd were, and how it is so cool that pj doesn't need any of that pyro bullshit and flashy wardrobe changes like she was used to with alot of country acts.
this year was no different when we met such great people in cleveland and had such a great time. so i guess i am just writing this to say thanks pj and thanks jammers. hope to see you both soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MikeLoveMikeLove Posts: 67
    My Wife...(John Enwhistle, god rest his soul)...is not a PJ Fan but has exposed me to the Country Circuit as well. Brad Paisley is one of the best guitarist I have ever seen but the best overall show is Keith Urban. However, I saw Frampton and Yes two nights ago...Frampton and Steve Howe are incredible axemen as well, it was like a clinic. I die for McCready's solo during EV every time...
    High and Inside, Low and Away
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Love the Entwistle reference :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    my girlfriend isn't a fan of the pearl jam. i'm trying to slide a few pearl jam tracks in the car but it's not working. d'oh! she does love other great bands i like like tool, yeah yeah yeah's & beck. kinda balances things out, kinda. :|
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    i made sure I honed my girlfriend into nearly as rabid a PJ fan as me prior to putting the rock on her finger. :) 19 shows together and counting.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Dark EnergyDark Energy Here Posts: 203
    well, the two shows you mentioned were great. My wife and I attneded these as well, although she doesn't always got to PJ with me, I sometimes go with a buddy, my brother, and even my Dad a couple times. But, after the Cleveland show this year she couldn't stop raving about how great the show was, and I think she will pushing to go to the next ones... So now she can't get enough..... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    :mrgreen:

my husband turned me onto pj.....but i became the uber fan. he's gone to 10 of my 33 shows tho, definitely shares the love. i will say, both MSGs this year really kicked it up a notch for him. i think we had the BEST time ever at a concert. well done pearl jam!

btw, what wife ever can get enough? ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    :mrgreen:
    btw, what wife ever can get enough? ;)
    Nailed it!
    It's never enough, no, it's NEVER enough!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.