Options

Revisiting an old article w/ hope of these tracks showing up

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
edited January 2008 in The Porch
With the rumor floating around now that there might be a new b-sides collection shortly, I thought I would post this article that came out before the self titles album with a rumored tracklisting.

I hope these mellow songs make it out soon though.

Pearl Jam to "Blow the Amps"

Seattle rockers Pearl Jam have finished recording their currently untitled new album. They completed the extensive recording process just last week in Seattle.

Guitarist Stone Gossard believes that the unusually long recording effort will be understood when the public hears the album. "This is the best music, as a collective, that we have written... probably ever", says Gossard. He says that "while we have experimented and extended ourselves once again, the simplicity and edge of our writing this time can be heard - these songs are all ones we are very proud of".

While a lot of the album is "as heavy and bone-crunching as our earlier material", Gossard is most proud of the melodic songs such as "Dawn" - written over 4 months by co-guitarist Mike McCready - and the Who-like "Alarms Of Nautical", by Gossard himself.

"We are always expected to have a heavy tilt in our songs, and we have done that here and love doing that. But this album feels more than a bunch of rock songs like our last couple... and not to demean those... but this was a massive ride for us, a big jump, and we hope it can be heard".

The first song, "To Our Home", is a quiet song by lead singer Eddie Vedder, unmistakeably about his new baby girl. "Yeah we let Ed indulge on that one a bit there, but it is a fantastic, pretty track to start off. After that we blow the amps (laughs)".

The track listing is as follows:

01. To Our Home (Vedder)
02. Marker (Gossard/Vedder)
03. Dawn (McCready)
04. Crapshoot Rapture (Gossard/McCready/Ament)
05. Worldwide Suicide (Gossard/McCready)
06. Severed Hand (Vedder)
07. Echoes (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)
08. Cold Concession (Cameron)
09. Alarms Of Nautical (Gossard)
10. The Streets (Vedder)
11. Of The Earth (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)

The first single (to be released in November) will be "Echoes" with the non-album B-Sides "Thank You" and "I Believe In Miracles Live 9/1/05". The band, currently on tour in Canada, will visit Latin America in November before releasing the album in early December. Although no certain dates have been made, manager Kelly Curtis has confirmed a possible 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, followed by a full-scale visit to Europe.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    very cool. surely a few of those songs are ones that didn't end up on "pearl jam" or had their name changed. guess we'll see. i love bands, like AUS's powderfinger, that release all of the b-sides and demos on album singles. pretty cool.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    i remember that... i like those song titles a lot better. would love to hear them. I wonder if any of them, other than the obvious ones (crapshoot), made the album under different names?...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Was that article ever deemed to be truthful? I thought Worldwide Suicide is credited to Ed.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    ejny wrote:
    Was that article ever deemed to be truthful? I thought Worldwide Suicide is credited to Ed.

nope. the "article" was complete BS. The only song titles they got correct were the ones that had already been played live (I think SNL had aired by that point) and Crapshoot/Comatose.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think the credits are truthful, but they got a lot of shit right for it to be totally wrote off as bollacks.
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    nope. the "article" was complete BS. The only song titles they got correct were the ones that had already been played live (I think SNL had aired by that point) and Crapshoot/Comatose.

SNL was done AFTER the album had come out.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    SNL was done AFTER the album had come out.

SNL: 4/16/06
    Album release: 5/2/06
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    They still got Marker though. That hadn't been played at that point.
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    that article was a hoax
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    godpt3 wrote:
    SNL: 4/16/06
    Album release: 5/2/06
    yes but that article surfaced many, many months before snl or the official track list
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...