Options

Edgefest?

gorafttsgoraftts Posts: 47
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Hi all,

I was listening to 102.1 The Edge in Toronto this morning and they said they were days away from announcing this years Edgefest concert. They said it would be the best one they have ever had. I was wondering if there were any rumours going around about Pearl Jam headlining it, as that would definitely make it the best one ever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edgefest still happens?? wow, i went to 97, 98 and 99. fun times.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    haha yeah i remember those being the highlights of my life at the time... i was pretty young but good memories for sure
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,865
    I remember rumors of them playing that maybe last year? haven't heard anything for this year at all...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    goraftts wrote:
    Hi all,

I was listening to 102.1 The Edge in Toronto this morning and they said they were days away from announcing this years Edgefest concert. They said it would be the best one they have ever had. I was wondering if there were any rumours going around about Pearl Jam headlining it, as that would definitely make it the best one ever.
    I've never been to this festival, but don't all DJ's speak highly of the station's festival by saying, "This will be the best one yet" to sell more tickets? If they said, "Wow, this year's festival is going to be a really shitty one" then no one would come ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    nobody went in 2007 cause there wasnt one, i looked on wiki...there are no rumours listed either
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    I have a friend who works for Q107 in Toronto (I know, wrong station, but she knows people), and she said they were 90-95% sure that PJ would be playing, for what that's worth.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    Can I assume that only people who don't belong to Ten Club would want to see PJ at any fest (because at a festival you wouldn't have a specific seat so Ten Club would be of no use, right)? If that's the case, and if Edgefest turns out to be their only T.O. appearance, I wouldn't be thrilled to say the least. I'm too old for those all day, outside concert thingys now !!! There was a time however . . ..