Options

poster question - 96 toledo, 2000 alpine, etc

CaptainBCaptainB Posts: 57
edited June 2010 in The Porch
in a pretty weak attempt to go back and accumulate posters of shows i've been to, i've hit a snag in several spots..... (outside of the obvious cost factors of virtually any 1998 show... i clearly remember looking at the airplane poster at st louis and thinking my beer was more important than a silly poster...hindsight i guess... but it was pretty warm that day and that beer was good), i'm having trouble even finding 1996 toledo, 2000 alpine valley and maybe some random others (looking on EB, tcb, etc). The 2000 chicago seems to be an interesting one, I don't think its listed on the colors blend, but on EB it says something discontinuing at the bands wishes. i guess my general question is, i presumed there were posters for every show but that doesn't appear to be true..... correct? or if anyone has specific info on any of the above mentioned shows, i'd appreciate that too. thanks:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    I have been in search of East Troy 2000 for years now, with NO luck, I am startign to think that they don't exist.
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I don't think every single show had a poster that year. I ended up just getting a tour poster like this:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/9030

...or like this:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/9468

Only thing is that they say Milwaukee instead of E. Troy, Detroit instead of Auburn Hills, Washington DC instead of Columbia, MD, etc.
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    I was at both of those shows too, and I am under the belief that there were not posters for them. I saw 11 2000 shows, and atleast half didn't have posters. It was the way of that tour, I believe. And even Philly that did, wasn't on sale at the show, but I got it in Chicago a month plus later.
  • Options
    SO7522SO7522 Posts: 94
    JM9427 wrote:
    in a pretty weak attempt to go back and accumulate posters of shows i've been to, i've hit a snag in several spots..... (outside of the obvious cost factors of virtually any 1998 show... i clearly remember looking at the airplane poster at st louis and thinking my beer was more important than a silly poster...hindsight i guess... but it was pretty warm that day and that beer was good), i'm having trouble even finding 1996 toledo, 2000 alpine valley and maybe some random others (looking on EB, tcb, etc). The 2000 chicago seems to be an interesting one, I don't think its listed on the colors blend, but on EB it says something discontinuing at the bands wishes. i guess my general question is, i presumed there were posters for every show but that doesn't appear to be true..... correct? or if anyone has specific info on any of the above mentioned shows, i'd appreciate that too. thanks:)

Posters were not made for the 96 Toledo show or the 2000 Alpine Valley show. For the 2000 tour, posters were created for cities where multiple nights were played in the city (There are one or two exceptions, I think Montreal got one, but that was the tour kick-off).