FALL TOUR IN THE SOUTH?

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited June 2010 in The Porch
MEMPHIS,ATLANTA,NASHVILLE,CHARLOTTE,VA BEACH :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    dont listen to this guys garbage rumors anymore.
  • Options
    westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
    garbare rumors? predicted the E.V. show in Memphis about a year before it happened.
  • Options
    Pushin Forward BackPushin Forward Back Posts: 890
    edited May 2010
    from they way the 3rd tier markets on the last run sold (KC,StL) I doubt they'll take many chances on the above mentioned cities.... Memphis I could see perhaps to be routed off of a Texas run ?

ATL doubtful though I would think after the shit that went down there for the recording of the record...

Who knows? I do think there is gonna be Fall dates as to where is anyones guess/hope?
    Post edited by Pushin Forward Back on
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    from they way the 3rd tier markets on the last run sold (KC,StL,Bristow) I doubt they'll take many chances on the above mentioned cities.... Memphis I could see perhaps to be routed off of a Texas run ?

ATL doubtful though I would think after the shit that went down there for the recording of the record...

Who knows? I do think there is gonna be Fall dates as to where is anyones guess/hope?

Ummm, Bristow is Washington DC, I would hardly call that 3rd tier, the place was packed and it was at one of the worst venues on the east coast. Maybe you mean Cleveland or Columbus.

I would still wait and see what Soundgarden is doing this fall.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    my bad..... Soundgarded reunion is gonna suck.. I loved them in the 90's but Cornell's pipes are shot and he must need some cash or attention. Its about June and all they have is one date in the books, a festival date. I bet 2011 is more of the year for Soundgarden... my .02
  • Options
    tenforthewintenforthewin Posts: 177
    I'll believe it if/when I see it. Until then I'm assuming this won't happen.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    DriftEdDriftEd Posts: 74
    my bad..... Soundgarded reunion is gonna suck.. I loved them in the 90's but Cornell's pipes are shot and he must need some cash or attention. Its about June and all they have is one date in the books, a festival date. I bet 2011 is more of the year for Soundgarden... my .02

I dont know if youve ever seen Cornell ive but I have see him as recently as a year ago do a pretty small show and his pipes are so far from shot it's not even funny. I agree that the Soundgarden reunion may not be a blockbuster but CC is the man and that is a fact.
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DriftEd wrote:

I dont know if youve ever seen Cornell ive but I have see him as recently as a year ago do a pretty small show and his pipes are so far from shot it's not even funny. I agree that the Soundgarden reunion may not be a blockbuster but CC is the man and that is a fact.

He didn't sound good at the reunion show.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    DriftEd wrote:

I saw him in 05 with audioslave at a small venue, and 09 at the same small venue solo (venue capacity was 2800). In 05 he sounded terrible, Tom, Tim, and brad carried the show. Cornell skipped all the high notes and wad signing very low. In 09 Cornell hit every note imaginable, and didn't have an off pitch sound the whole show... Lots of volume, sounded great... The difference?: AutoTune.

I'm sure he'll sound great at lolla, the issue is it won't be authentic...

Oh and Houston is the 4th biggest city in the US, about to become 3rd. It is a huge market that PJ needs to visit. If the chili peppers can sell it out, PJ will have no problem.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    shep wrote:
    if the chili peppers can sell it out, PJ will have no problem.

PJ won't have a problem selling most of the tix, but I don't think they're quite as popular as RHCP was the last time they toured.
  • Options
    we sold out 2 shows in Houston here in 2000 at the Woodlands, no reason we cannot do it again even at Toyota.

Also seen Cornell 91-97 with Soundgarden... back when he was good.
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157

Hope you get it but i also want to see Soundgarden! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    InMyTree92InMyTree92 Posts: 30
    I love to see them play fucking texas again
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Mcam55 wrote:
    dont listen to this guys garbage rumors anymore.
    Thank you!!!!
    garbare rumors? predicted the E.V. show in Memphis about a year before it happened.

If I remember correctly, your "prediction" was just you stating something you heard on the radio - which was bullshit because as you just said, it didn't even happen until a year later. I understand you want PJ to come back to the south- I do too, but why not use the search fuction on here and just post this in the "Please play the south thread" instead of getting everyones hopes up when they see your thread title?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    shep wrote:
    DriftEd wrote:

I saw him in 05 with audioslave at a small venue, and 09 at the same small venue solo (venue capacity was 2800). In 05 he sounded terrible, Tom, Tim, and brad carried the show. Cornell skipped all the high notes and wad signing very low. In 09 Cornell hit every note imaginable, and didn't have an off pitch sound the whole show... Lots of volume, sounded great... The difference?: AutoTune.

I'm sure he'll sound great at lolla, the issue is it won't be authentic...

Oh and Houston is the 4th biggest city in the US, about to become 3rd. It is a huge market that PJ needs to visit. If the chili peppers can sell it out, PJ will have no problem.

those city population rankings are pointless. the reason cities like houston and phoenix have grown is due to the fact that those cities are sprawling, much larger square mileage than the smaller northeastern cities. when discussing population you should pay attention to the size of the surrounding metro area, not the city population.

this is wikipedia, but it gets the point across...the largest markets are in the northeast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_U ... ical_Areas

that being said, we've been spoiled in the northeast...I'm sure the band will spread the love the next time they tour. I'm not expecting to see them up here for a few years...which is cool, road trips are awesome
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I'd love it since I moved from DC to Atlanta last summer!

But I'm not holding my breath. If they don't play the south this tour I may let my Ten club membership go though.

Only had it since 2006 so aside form an EV solo show it hasn't helped me much with getting good seats as my number sucks. And I'll never have a record player so the x-mas singles are a waste and the Deep mag is nothing special.

So probably better to just save the $20 a year, and splurge for good seats on Stub Hub.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    VitalogyVitalogy Posts: 4
    Would love to see them do this if possible. I have been in Charlotte for a while and they came to Columbia on a tuesday night like 3 years ago. I couldn't go cause of work. But if they could make a run for Greensboro, Charlotte or Greenville that would be friggin awesome and I will be kicking in my PTO time for any of the shows I can make.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I was at the KC and STL shows...KC crowd was amazing and it seemed like it was pretty full..St.Louis, wasn't sold out..But, it wasn't empty by no means...The show was on a Tuesday which didn't help....Plus, pearl jam hadn't played St.Louis 04...What do you expect when a band forgets about a city for a whole seven years..Don't get me wrong...I am greatful they toured St.Louis on this last tour...

Jeremy
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    kinda hard to do a tour when rumors of a soundgarden fall tour are floating around and when brad is doing a euro tour
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    and when brad is doing a euro tour
    is that official?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    as much as the they deserve it.. i can't see that happening, not in that time frame anyhow.. Great shows there in 08 .. alot of humble fans there.. great crowds :) I sure do hope pj pays them a visit this year... alot of great fans scattered about in the south .. they deserve some love. While typing this i just realized that i'm afraid i will go into with drawl moving to the west coast :lol: I mean..Could i deal with the possibility of not seeing pearl jam for up to two years? Since two years before i graduated highschool, which was 2004, I've seen pearl jam every year at least once except for 2007 :shock: the one and only true benefit of living in the tri state area! I mean sure.. its easy to say .. yeah .. i could deal with two years but it hasn't happened in like half a freakin decade so i'm not quite sure how my body will respond :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Hey Lukin fan how are you haven't talked to you since last year PM me let me know how you are doing?
  • Options
    Hey Lukin fan how are you haven't talked to you since last year PM me let me know how you are doing?
    pm sending now
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    wouldn't that be a gas :thumbup:
    A road trip in my own car (instead of a plane and rental) with my PRLJAMN plate, blasting Pearl Jam cd's with my Pearl Jammer husband, seeing my Pearl Jamily family in the south!

Hey maybe my kids would finally come see a concert too. I don't know though, watchin the old Ma rock out might be too much for them :shock:
  • Options
    We need 2 shows in Atl. I mean come on, they recorded the last record here!
  • Options
    South America maybe