Options

Release from Boston 2010

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited June 2010 in The Porch
....is the best version I have ever heard. I never thought the version from Tokyo 2003 could be topped but alas, this night's version was WAY better.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I agree. How awesome was it when they opened with this? I love the "traditional" openers of Release and Long Road, rather than the "surprise" openers, like Unthought Known in Hartford.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    It absolutely blows my mind that Eddie still completely and utterly NAILS this song every time they play it.

It sounds better now than it ever has. I started the Boston 2010 bootleg last night when I went to bed and the rendition of Release gave me goosebumps.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    ahhh listening to it gives me such goosebumps. being there that night and seeing all the hands fly up in the air and singing along to ed's incredible howls was just unbelievable.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    as much as i like this version, i thought release from boston I in 2006 was wayyyyy better and had much more emotion...maybe because it was my first PJ show.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,654
    Release is the best opener in their catalog... and it was unbelievable in Boston...

Just got my bootlegs today (ordered New York, Boston, Hartford, and New Orleans)... and immediately jumped to the Boston bootleg... it is just awesome...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    I concur. The most beautiful version of the song I've ever heard. The band was on fire all night that night.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • Options
    alwaysUalwaysU Posts: 78
    I do agree with the poster who said that Boston 1 2006's version of Release was better, thanks to the crowd. This year's version was spectacular though, and I loved Stone's guitar tone.
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    ....is the best version I have ever heard. I never thought the version from Tokyo 2003 could be topped but alas, this night's version was WAY better.

i actually think the '06 version from boston is better. but this show was better than that one.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    I concur. The most beautiful version of the song I've ever heard. The band was on fire all night that night.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    My first ever Release, and I absolutely loved it!! It is so amazing live, by far the best opener. Can't wait to get a new job so I can pick up the Boston bootleg, Cannot wait to relive it.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    loved it, was there live but I'm still partial to Atlanta 94 as my favorite. I do think that Hartford's show was the sleeper of the tour, being there live too.