Options

Corona Box

ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
edited April 2008 in The Porch
What is that Corona box on Ed's concerts?
-- rafa
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    What is that Corona box on Ed's concerts?

I'll split it with ya. 12 and 12.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Probably a sponsor thing
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    who doesn't like corona? it soooo damn good
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    corona with a lemon is the best!! lime is so 90's
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    It seemed as if he had some sort of monitor or kick drum in there.
    Or it may have been a mic of some sort. I noticed at the show there was a wooden block thing under ed's right foot that was right next to the box.
    The stage/set was filled with props though. The open suitcases, projectors, etc...

The coolest were the backdrop settings. First a warehouse look with stacked boxes, then a campfire with a light up tent, and then the ocean
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Box was just a prop for him to put his ashtray on - what was weird is that he smoked on stage up to the LA show and then the ashtray disappeared (wonder if he received some kind of warning re: enforcement of smoking bylaws at the Wiltern)...anyhoo, the box under his left foot is what he stomped to make the heavy beat he used over the course of the show.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    augustwest wrote:

corona is the natty light of mexican beers. drink pacifico or negra modelo.
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    it's only drinkable with a lime (or lemon I suppose). Otherwise it's a less than average beer. But throw a lime in there and it's very good.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Gmoney wrote:
    corona with a lemon is the best!! lime is so 90's

corona is kinda gross, and fruit does not belong in beer.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    augustwest wrote:

I'll pass on it.
  • Options
    It seemed as if he had some sort of monitor or kick drum in there.
    Or it may have been a mic of some sort. I noticed at the show there was a wooden block thing under ed's right foot that was right next to the box.
    The stage/set was filled with props though. The open suitcases, projectors, etc...

The coolest were the backdrop settings. First a warehouse look with stacked boxes, then a campfire with a light up tent, and then the ocean

That's what I meant....the block was under his left foot not right.
    In front of corona box. Looking at it further I'm pretty sure there was a little something in the corona box that picked up the sound of ed tapping his foot on the block.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    corona rocks
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    corona is kinda gross, and fruit does not belong in beer.
    Exactly. If beer has to be "doctored" before you drink it then it isn't worth drinking in the first place
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Exactly. If beer has to be "doctored" before you drink it then it isn't worth drinking in the first place

I'd have to disagree here... While Corona isn't my favorite (I prefer Negro Modelo if I'm out @ a Mexican restaurant)...

I would say that Blue Moon with an orange slice is one of my favorite ways to drink a beer... ever...

Also, fruit infused beer is great, not Miller Chill (blah) but I always love a nice Magic Hat #9 (better on tap of course) and that is brewed with essence of apricot.

Fruit in beer = ok with me as long as it brings out more flavors.
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    I'd have to disagree here... While Corona isn't my favorite (I prefer Negro Modelo if I'm out @ a Mexican restaurant)...

I would say that Blue Moon with an orange slice is one of my favorite ways to drink a beer... ever...

Also, fruit infused beer is great, not Miller Chill (blah) but I always love a nice Magic Hat #9 (better on tap of course) and that is brewed with essence of apricot.

i agree. there is nothing wrong with fruit in beer. i don't like corona, dos equis kinda guy personally. a good beer is 312 by Goose Island if you add a lemon to it. very good. i typically go for sam adams or guiness though. no fruit required. i don't look down on it though.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    i agree. there is nothing wrong with fruit in beer. i don't like corona, dos equis kinda guy personally. a good beer is 312 by Goose Island if you add a lemon to it. very good. i typically go for sam adams or guiness though. no fruit required. i don't look down on it though.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess, but to me fruit in beer is blasphemy

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770

i cannot agree with this post any more!
    blue moon is probably my favorite beer right now~ the new summer ale they made is really good too! Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is another great "fruit" beer. the "real men" out there are scared of any drink with fruit in it cause its considered a "girly drink". these are the same people that tend to think Bud is the best beer. my brother used to call Bud Clydesdale Piss~

i read somewhere that the lime/lemon in the corona was first used to keep bugs out of it. not sure how true that is cause i would think bugs would be more attracted to the fruit!
  • Options
    lephty wrote:
    i cannot agree with this post any more!
    blue moon is probably my favorite beer right now~ the new summer ale they made is really good too! Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is another great "fruit" beer. the "real men" out there are scared of any drink with fruit in it cause its considered a "girly drink". these are the same people that tend to think Bud is the best beer. my brother used to call Bud Clydesdale Piss~

i read somewhere that the lime/lemon in the corona was first used to keep bugs out of it. not sure how true that is cause i would think bugs would be more attracted to the fruit!
    I have no problem with beers brewed with different flavors, including fruit, but my issue is when fruit must be added for it to taste good

• Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    I vote for Dos Equis and Magic Hat #9.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Different strokes for different folks I guess, but to me fruit in beer is blasphemy
    first really hot summer day blast Binaural and try a corona with a lemon and let me know what you think. what have you got to lose?

$
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    augustwest wrote:

me!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    Hmm, this is like deja vu all over again... ;)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=281369

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    The Corona box - had a wooden base at the back of it, with a Bass drum pedal, probably a mic or something inside the box for his foot stomping. I was originally thinking it was only a prop
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    beer should allways follow a patron shot and then a quick taste of lemon ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
    If you like Light Beer, the BEST mexican and by far is TECATE LIGHT....Period...Please try that...
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    Corona with a lime or lemon = da bomb!
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Right, Corona box was just a prop. 3 Shows I never saw him actually use the kick pedal. But it was set up as if it was a "kick bass drum" with a foot pedal and what not. But the real "stomp" came from the small flat wooden box, that was mic'd with a flat-mic thingy.

Here's a good pic of the footstomp box:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/03/eddie-vedder-digs-deep-into-song-shirt-archives-in-vancouver/

As for the corona box, isn't just kinda like Geddy Lee's amps? Geddy played '02 with dryers all mic'd up behind him (that "warm, dry sound"), then came back with the sweet rotisserie chickens!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    jorgems wrote:
    If you like Light Beer, the BEST mexican and by far is TECATE LIGHT....Period...Please try that...

TECATE is not "beer". its......CERVESA!!!! :cool:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    it's only drinkable with a lime (or lemon I suppose). Otherwise it's a less than average beer. But throw a lime in there and it's very good.
    yeah, it's not a very good beer

btw-I love your sig 'Donnie, mark it zero!'
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    A Corona box.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all