The LATE Ticket Icon Issue

augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I got shut out of the Vic cause the ticket icon showed up 20mins late, despite my highspeed connection...WTF ???

I hope and pray 10C have pulled it together for this presale...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I tried for the Vic. Have firefox and IE open just to be safe.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    here we go kiddies
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    here we go kiddies

thanks for contributing...NOT!

gobrowns19...not sure it was a firefox and IE problem...quite a few people had this very same problem...just the fact that it was a bunch of people tells me it ain't that simple...or is it?
    augustwest wrote:

gobrowns19...not sure it was a firefox and IE problem...quite a few people had this very same problem...just the fact that it was a bunch of people tells me it ain't that simple...or is it?

Good question. It worked for me on firefox but not IE, but for one of my friends IE worked and not firefox. Who knows? Good luck though. :)
  • gobrowns19 wrote:
    Good question. It worked for me on firefox but not IE, but for one of my friends IE worked and not firefox. Who knows? Good luck though. :)

thanks for the "good luck" comment :)

it was the strangest thing what happened last time...and i made a BIG issue about it then and if it shows up late this time i'm gonna continue my quest to try to understand(and bitch!) about what happened...being shut out of the Vic really tore my heart out...sure i got over it BUT to not have a FAIR chance was really unfair...

Lottery was the way the Vic tickets should have been handled.
    augustwest wrote:

it was the strangest thing what happened last time...and i made a BIG issue about it then and if it shows up late this time i'm gonna continue my quest to try to understand(and bitch!) about what happened...being shut out of the Vic really tore my heart out...sure i got over it BUT to not have a FAIR chance was really unfair...

If they are fixed this time, be prepared to hit refresh a lot, but not too much where you accidentally refresh over open tickets. That sucks. :)
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    The VIC kinda was like a Lottery, some people got the Icon some didnt. No one did anything different. It was pure luck.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    augustwest wrote:

all im saying is this is gonna be all over after they sell out on monday
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    augustwest wrote:

I agree with you about the lottery.
    As far as the icon goes, I think its simply a numbers game.
    More people online that the system can process, so it doesnt show up.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    If they are fixed this time, be prepared to hit refresh a lot, but not too much where you accidentally refresh over open tickets. That sucks. :)

don't hit refresh you never hit refresh!!! Can I buy these tickets and sell them or do I have to be present at the show? hahaahha
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • 4Powers20 wrote:
    The VIC kinda was like a Lottery, some people got the Icon some didnt. No one did anything different. It was pure luck.

I got my Vic tickets 25 mintues after they went on sale.....all skill.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    I had the girl I work with trying for me as I was also trying. No icon for me, she got thru pretty quickly. But it was FATE, her last name is Ledbetter.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    if not... ticketmaster.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Get_Right wrote:
    I agree with you about the lottery.
    As far as the icon goes, I think its simply a numbers game.
    More people online that the system can process, so it doesnt show up.

hot posters sales didnt have the same problem that the Vic ticket sale did
  • I got my Vic tickets 25 mintues after they went on sale.....all skill.

ya thats skill alright...LMFAO

perhaps it was pure luck???? say it aint so....
    augustwest wrote:
    hot posters sales didnt have the same problem that the Vic ticket sale did

because there was at least times more people trying for the concert tix
    and they do have problems with some of the posters
  • Get_Right wrote:
    because there was at least times more people trying for the concert tix
    and they do have problems with some of the posters

so um because this is a ev small club tour and not the vic PJ 10c show we can expect less volume?

i bet all posters sales at least got to see the buy option

i'm not new here ;)
    augustwest wrote:
    so um because this is a ev small club tour and not the vic PJ 10c show we can expect less volume?

i'm not new here ;)

Maybe, there were a boatload of people who were already planning to be in Chicago so the demand for the VIC was as strong as any other arena show-perhaps stronger because of the intimate setting and fan club only.

Hard to tell. It sounds like these tix might be more limited at each venue, but there are more venues. Im sure LA will be a tough ticket no matter what. And people have been clamoring for this, so demand will be strong.

And your right about the posters and the buy button, but the images for certain posters showed up earlier for some-like the Vic tix

I still think its just a numbers game and its luck of the draw.

And anyone who chooses a Wharf Rat name is OK in my book.
    I got no dime but
    I got time to hear his story

:D
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    augustwest wrote:

i'm not new here ;)

i don't have time to search every poster on-sale thread for proof, but there most certainly was bitching about never seeing the icon on poster sales. you may not be new here, but your memory is convenient...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi

for the lazy folks:
    Wedge wrote:
    It seems that what some people encountered was a proxy/cache error. Basically the information that some people received (images etc) took longer to reach other users despite that information being released at/on the same source.
    Due to equipment differences, ISP routes and heavy traffic coupled with other vague issues of internet use, some people were able to see things that others apparently did not immediately see.
    While no online vendor can take responsibility for the performance of the internet as a whole, nor of the provisioned methods users choose to connect with (unless they wholly own them), we have made some changes aimed at "pushing" cache information in the future out to users to alleviate any bottlenecks that may lie in between users and the store. We cannot provide any guarantees but the aim is to further speed up the reception of data to all users even under heavy load.
    All online stores, cell networks (eg: delayed voicemail etc) are susceptible to such issues, especially under heavy load. But you can significantly reduce your chances of delays with the TC site (and any other) by making sure your browser is up to date, caches are clean and cookies are working.

At the end of the day we want you to have a good online experience and have taken note of technical difficulties experienced by users regardless of their source.

from the sysadmin
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    In other words, 50,000 Ten Club members tried to get 500 paris of tickets all at the same time.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    In other words, 50,000 Ten Club members tried to get 500 paris of tickets all at the same time.

as my asian wife says

EXACTRY
  • dangerboy wrote:
    i don't have time to search every poster on-sale thread for proof, but there most certainly was bitching about never seeing the icon on poster sales. you may not be new here, but your memory is convenient...

when the sold the klausen gorge poster it didnt show up for me until 20 minutes after it went on sale.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Get_Right wrote:
    for the lazy folks:

from the sysadmin

For the far more curious and/or geeky!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_server

A web server (program) has defined load limits, because it can handle only a limited number of concurrent client connections (usually between 2 and 60,000, by default between 500 and 1,000) per IP address (and IP port) and it can serve only a certain maximum number of requests per second depending on:

* its own settings;
    * the HTTP request type;
    * content origin (static or dynamic);
    * the fact that the served content is or is not cached;
    * the hardware and software limits of the OS where it is working.

When a web server is near to or over its limits, it becomes overloaded and thus unresponsive.

[edit] Overload causes
    A daily graph of a web server's load, indicating a spike in the load early in the day.
    A daily graph of a web server's load, indicating a spike in the load early in the day.

At any time web servers can be overloaded because of:

* Too much legitimate web traffic (i.e. thousands or even millions of clients hitting the web site in a short interval of time. e.g. Slashdot effect);
    * DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks;
    * Computer worms that sometimes cause abnormal traffic because of millions of infected computers (not coordinated among them);
    * XSS viruses can cause high traffic because of millions of infected browsers and/or web servers;
    * Internet web robots traffic not filtered / limited on large web sites with very few resources (bandwidth, etc.);
    * Internet (network) slowdowns, so that client requests are served more slowly and the number of connections increases so much that server limits are reached;
    * Web servers (computers) partial unavailability, this can happen because of required / urgent maintenance or upgrade, HW or SW failures, back-end (i.e. DB) failures, etc.; in these cases the remaining web servers get too much traffic and become overloaded.

[edit] Overload symptoms

The symptoms of an overloaded web server are:

* requests are served with (possibly long) delays (from 1 second to a few hundred seconds);
    * 500, 502, 503, 504 HTTP errors are returned to clients (sometimes also unrelated 404 error or even 408 error may be returned);
    * TCP connections are refused or reset (interrupted) before any content is sent to clients;
    * in very rare cases, only partial contents are sent (but this behavior may well be considered a bug, even if it usually depends on unavailable system resources).
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    ^^^^^^^^

so basically 50,000 fans going for 500 tickets

:)
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    I gotta say that non-existant icon dilema was quite heartwrenching.

Kinda like a jockey w/o a horse when the gates opened.
  • URthekey wrote:
    Kinda like a jockey w/o a horse when the gates opened.

:D that made my laugh..

I hope Im ready to go with horse and all on Monday for the Vancouver tix..
    I dont even know what I'm going to do with myself all weekend thinking about this!!!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • if i dont see the icon at 10am PST SHARP i am suing the ten club.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    if i dont see the icon at 10am PST SHARP i am suing the ten club.

It's all Al Gore's fault... he invented the internet
    wishlistfoundation.org