Eddie's house - Mudslide?

GetRight7GetRight7 Posts: 63
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Has anyone heard anything about Eddies house getting hit in the mudslides out in seattle? (a BIG heartfelt sorry to everyone affected by this) Just wondering cause a woman at work saw it on the news this morning and i cant seem to find any information. Hope everyone is ok out there!! :-(
If peace is real why can't the world be it?

Red Rover Mike McCready take over.........

9-15-98, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04, 9-15-05, 5-13-06, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-27-06, 6-27-08, 6-28-08, 6-30-08, 10-30-09, 10-31-09, 5-15-10, 5-17-10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FitzFitz Posts: 169
    What Ed's house was in it when it got hit by the mudslide or it got hit whilst he wasn't in it? Are you suggesting that Ed may not be alright?
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Haven’t heard anything.

I do have a friend in Woodinville (outside Seattle) and she sent me a news link a few days ago about the flooding in and around the surrounding neighborhoods. Some pretty nasty stuff.
    This must be it: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/342208_storm05.html

No mention of Ed though thank fook.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Fitz wrote:
    What Ed's house was in it when it got hit by the mudslide or it got hit whilst he wasn't in it? Are you suggesting that Ed may not be alright?

well I am not really sure to tell you the truth. The woman said that she heard them say Eddie's name on the news and showed his house and the backyard ravaged by the mud...so I am hoping that Eddie and Fam are all fine...but I cant find anything on the internet so I didnt know what to think really!

9-15-98, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04, 9-15-05, 5-13-06, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-27-06, 6-27-08, 6-28-08, 6-30-08, 10-30-09, 10-31-09, 5-15-10, 5-17-10
    GetRight7 wrote:
    well I am not really sure to tell you the truth. The woman said that she heard them say Eddie's name on the news and showed his house and the backyard ravaged by the mud...so I am hoping that Eddie and Fam are all fine...but I cant find anything on the internet so I didnt know what to think really!

Oh ok, I would say he's fine as surely it would mention something in the above link I posted.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    no worries, if a mudslide was comin at ol' ed, he'd grab his wife and daughter, grab a surf board, and ride the wave!
  • haha....very true....I can see it now!!

• That's terrible, 5 dead, i hope that's all.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • I heard about massive ice storms going across Oklahoma which apparently killed 11 dead but haven't heard about this.

And right next to the story was one about how the Bush govt has said no to emission targets, again.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    There were some mudslides and flooding at the Vedder River and Vedder Crossing in BC...and also Maui got hit pretty hard last week with major landslides, flooding, no hydro, etc...
    be philanthropic
  • does anyone even know what town or neighborhood he lives in? is it the same areas effected?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    I'd almost bet they were referring to this news story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/11/people.vanhalen.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- It wasn't the homecoming Eddie Van Halen was hoping for.

Eddie Van Halen flew back to Los Angeles, to find his yard flooded by a water main break.

The 52-year-old guitarist had been in Edmonton, Alberta, where his band, Van Halen, had just performed, when a call came in early Monday morning from Los Angeles fire officials.

A broken water main in Studio City sent thousands of gallons of water flowing down Coldwater Canyon Avenue and into Van Halen's yard.

He arrived home from Canada around noon and surveyed the damage.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Janie Liszewski, Van Halen's publicist and live-in girlfriend.

"The pool is buried in mud, the driveway gate is down and some major landscaping is going to be needed to restore the yard to its former self," Liszewski said.

Fire spokesman Cecil Manresa confirmed Van Halen's was the lone home affected by the water, and said sandbags placed around the house prevented any water from entering inside
  • There were some mudslides and flooding at the Vedder River and Vedder Crossing in BC...and also Maui got hit pretty hard last week with major landslides, flooding, no hydro, etc...

Wow I never knew there was a Vedder River and a Vedder Crossing - I thought this surname was really rare!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• I'd almost bet they were referring to this news story:

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- It wasn't the homecoming Eddie Van Halen was hoping for.

Eddie Van Halen flew back to Los Angeles, to find his yard flooded by a water main break.

The 52-year-old guitarist had been in Edmonton, Alberta, where his band, Van Halen, had just performed, when a call came in early Monday morning from Los Angeles fire officials.

A broken water main in Studio City sent thousands of gallons of water flowing down Coldwater Canyon Avenue and into Van Halen's yard.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Janie Liszewski, Van Halen's publicist and live-in girlfriend.

"The pool is buried in mud, the driveway gate is down and some major landscaping is going to be needed to restore the yard to its former self," Liszewski said.

Fire spokesman Cecil Manresa confirmed Van Halen's was the lone home affected by the water, and said sandbags placed around the house prevented any water from entering inside

HAHAHA...not that its funny that he had a water main break or anything but hilarious to me that stories can get so misconstrued!! She was all excited to tell me information about Eddie Vedder that I didnt know yet...well apparently she misheard/misunderstood. I can be almost positive that she was definitley talking about this story!! Thank you for clarifying!!

that is too funny, quite a coincidence too, since Seattle and some surrounding counties have got slammed over the last week or so

those poor people, I was looking at the pictures on the website of a Seattle paper and it was just terrible. There was a large group of cows that drowned. That's so sad.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I'd almost bet they were referring to this news story:

OOOOOOHHHHH....well in that case, who gives a fuck!!!!! :D
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • There were some mudslides and flooding at the Vedder River and Vedder Crossing in BC...and also Maui got hit pretty hard last week with major landslides, flooding, no hydro, etc...

Yeah ... Maui got it pretty bad. The worst hit of the Hawaiian islands.
    It was scary!
    At 1:30am we heard a huge bang (sounded like something came flying through our window.
    It was the neighbors HUGE tree that fell on our power line and ripped the electrical panel right off the outside wall.

People were out of power for days. And now in some areas they are having to boil their water.

Worst storm in 20 yrs.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
    krzzzymary wrote:
    Yeah ... Maui got it pretty bad. The worst hit of the Hawaiian islands.
    It was scary!
    At 1:30am we heard a huge bang (sounded like something came flying through our window.
    It was the neighbors HUGE tree that fell on our power line and ripped the electrical panel right off the outside wall.

People were out of power for days. And now in some areas they are having to boil their water.

Worst storm in 20 yrs.

sorry to hear it's been so rough there Lori

The weather is crazy all over, luckily, where I am has been spared so far . . .
    Say, Krazzzymary --

How bad is it out Maui way...I'm going to be arriving there super late on December 16th...and had booked surfing lessons etc. for Beach III, which I heard was closed...and how about the road to Hana?

ANY info is appreciated!

Kim
    be philanthropic
    Say, Krazzzymary --

How bad is it out Maui way...I'm going to be arriving there super late on December 16th...and had booked surfing lessons etc. for Beach III, which I heard was closed...and how about the road to Hana?

ANY info is appreciated!

Kim

Do you two know each other personnally? Because I know Lori, she's a super cool lady and from my correspondence with you Kim, you're super cool too. The two of you should at least meet up for a cocktail.
  • bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    We didn't have any mudslides in West Seattle, as far as I know...
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Yea the mud slides were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy far away from West Seattle. I'm certain his home is just fine, as he is. :) i'm down on the beach and it was windy and rainy but that's about it.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Wow I never knew there was a Vedder River and a Vedder Crossing - I thought this surname was really rare!

I lived there from age 9 to about 6 months ago - my parents still do. It's a smaller part of a larger city. Vedder Road is a main artery and there's a slew of Vedder-named things here. I went to Vedder Elementary for 1 year and Vedder Junior Sec. (now Middle) School for another, there's a Vedder Village Mall, Vedder Laundromat, etc.

There won't be any flooding in Vedder Crossing - it's not on the flood plain. The Vedder River may have flooded a bit further east, which is common, but the mudslides occurred on the other side of town. The river was down to a normal level last time I drove over it, which was Friday.
  • brucebruce Posts: 384
    this thread is a little creepy
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Fitz wrote:

Gotta love the inflmatory questions that some people pose!
  • OOOOOOHHHHH....well in that case, who gives a fuck!!!!! :D
    That made me laugh out loud.
    :D
  • rockpants wrote:
    I lived there from age 9 to about 6 months ago - my parents still do. It's a smaller part of a larger city. Vedder Road is a main artery and there's a slew of Vedder-named things here. I went to Vedder Elementary for 1 year and Vedder Junior Sec. (now Middle) School for another, there's a Vedder Village Mall, Vedder Laundromat, etc.

There won't be any flooding in Vedder Crossing - it's not on the flood plain. The Vedder River may have flooded a bit further east, which is common, but the mudslides occurred on the other side of town. The river was down to a normal level last time I drove over it, which was Friday.

Are you taking the piss? I'm sure this sounds like some kind of joke!
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

Are you taking the piss? I'm sure this sounds like some kind of joke!

Nope. All true.

Edit: This would be the bridge that I drive over: http://www.fraservalleyguide.com/Article.26.html
    My grandparents lived out that way many decades ago. I remember them always saying,
    "remember when we lived out by Vedder?" but that was also decades before Pearl Jam.

When hubby and I went to the Gorge in 2006, we followed a truck all the way down and on it said, "Vedder Trucking"...

I hope this doesn't cause everyone to flood all things Vedder asking for T-shirts and hats! ;)

There is also a guy on the pit called "Vedder Crossing". That place is allegedly got some major serious mountain biking kick ass trails...
    be philanthropic
    My grandparents lived out that way many decades ago. I remember them always saying,
    "remember when we lived out by Vedder?" but that was also decades before Pearl Jam.

When hubby and I went to the Gorge in 2006, we followed a truck all the way down and on it said, "Vedder Trucking"...

I hope this doesn't cause everyone to flood all things Vedder asking for T-shirts and hats! ;)

There is also a guy on the pit called "Vedder Crossing". That place is allegedly got some major serious mountain biking kick ass trails...

Yep, lots of mountain biking to be done here. One of my co-workers is bugging me to come out with him and his daughters this spring - I just might.

As for the t-shirts and hats ... jeez, hope not. :p Not sure where'd they'd get them from unless they make a pilgrimage and raid the local thrift stores for old school jerseys.