Options

St. John 2005

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited March 2008 in The Porch
This boot is one of my favorites. Its an insane set plus its funny as hell.

"Oh I kissed that fish....i was f****** sexy with it. I was like 'oh yeah' fish."
-Stoney

that made me laugh my ass off in my business class.

then the story after Last kiss was friggen hilarious.

"You could be up here too. But you f***** up buddy."
-Eddie

EDIT: http://www.pearljamlive.com it was the first show. the stone thing was at the end of present tense and the eddie story was after last kiss
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    i was just listening to that part after Present Tense on my way home from work...weird
  • Options
    ramborambo Posts: 170
    eddie was talkin alot, it was funny as hell
    seemed to be pretty drunk haha
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    rambo wrote:
    eddie was talkin alot, it was funny as hell
    seemed to be pretty drunk haha

when in Rome.......................;)

seriously, everyone I know who comes from NFLD drinks like nothing I have seen before.........regularly, consistently, and with inpunity to what it does to their body.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Being there was great :D I get to meet Mike that day :D:D
  • Options
    Yay! Newfies representin'!

Those two shows changed my life :)
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i still think about that weekend all the time, just incredible times were had

meeting stone over breakfast & asking him to sing one, then hearing him say "we don't do this very often" and later " you have nice places to eat breakfast" i was freaking out!! mike & jeff were very nice too, an amazing weekend ahhh

ps : anyone on faceboook? join the 'bring pearl jam back to newfoundland group!"

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5751783435
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    i was there....3rd row center!!!!!!!!.....st johns was great, never would have been there if not for pearl jam!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    yup two awesome shows....hope they come back
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    when in Rome.......................;)

seriously, everyone I know who comes from NFLD drinks like nothing I have seen before.........regularly, consistently, and with inpunity to what it does to their body.

Stereotype!! *cough cough*

I think it's more a case of Newfoundlanders not being caught up in having to impress anybody. I live in Onatrio now and I swear to god, you go out with a group of so-called "friends" and you can tell they're all kinda putting on an act so they fit in.

Newfoundlanders just act like themselves and don't give a fuck!

By the way, we don't all drink "regularly, consistently, and with impunity to what it does to (our) bodies." What a ridiculous statement. I assume you spent a large portion of your vacation on George Street, a street that is full of bars, so yes, the people there would indeed be drinking...

DP
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    some people from the US bought tickets to this show but booked a flight to Saint John, NB instead of St. John's, NF and were shocked when they arrived to find out that they were in the wrong city :) LOL.

Now THAT is funny!

The djs on the radio were playing a game a few weeks ago called Newfoundland or New Brunswick? They'd name towns and listeners had to call in and guess which province they were from.
  • Options
    hahaha imagine going to the wrong city for a concert!!
    facebook group is awsome!! hope it works :)
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    i was there....3rd row center!!!!!!!!.....st johns was great, never would have been there if not for pearl jam!

Me too - best seats for PJ I've ever had (well besides GA).

I'll never forget Newfoundland - great times - met lots of cool people - George street was a blast - nothing like Kay's cafe for breakfast - and throwing up for 2 hours on a boat (not alcohol related; just a weak stomach for that weather).

I've never met such friendly and talkative people - the vibe in St. John's for those couple of days was unreal - it was like PJ playing a couple nights in a small town, and I loved how many people had PJ sightings "I just saw Ed".."I just saw Mike - the guy's so cool"...
  • Options
    2 of my favorite shows from 2005. Night 1 has an incredible setlist. Awesome shows.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    probably the best weekend of my life. met jeff,matt,mike and boom.

god i hope they come back sometime.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Anyone wanna buy the poster from me? :) I got stuck with it in that damned mystery sale and it's fugly. I suppose if you were there, the poster might be appealing and the viking due with the flying V is kinda cool. But otherwise, ugh.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    i want the poster!!
    how much??
  • Options
    Second row in my hometown :)

Still pissed that Ed gave the tambourine to this chick in front of me, who didn't dance or sing the entire night. Come on.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Seeing the thread title made me laugh seeing as I remember reading stories on here about how some people from the US bought tickets to this show but booked a flight to Saint John, NB instead of St. John's, NF and were shocked when they arrived to find out that they were in the wrong city :) LOL.

LMAO....

such a mistake I can easily see some foreigner making.....I feel for them though, that could easily happen to one of us if we were dense and didn't open a map
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Second row in my hometown :)

Still pissed that Ed gave the tambourine to this chick in front of me, who didn't dance or sing the entire night. Come on.

was she hot ?????............
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    she was prolly pretty hot
  • Options
    jck33jck33 Posts: 39
    I was there the first night. Great energy from the band and the crowd. We explored the city and surrounding countryside - what a cool place and what great people live there.
  • Options
    rambo wrote:
    she was prolly pretty hot

Probably. Newfoundlanders ARE pretty smokin' ;)
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    OMG! :eek: Yes! Stoney laughs me into tears with this every single time. Too hilarious!!!! The way he says that!!

"I was fuckin sexy with all like ahhhhhh fuckin fish I love you"
    :D
    bahahhaa. CLASSIC!

Its such a kick ass show all around. What a fun vibe. Opening with Can't Keep too?! Ah god! *shivers* :o I'm also constantly floored by the crowd each time I listen. Sounds like there was some amazing energy in the room that night. Everyone was feeling it.

And Lost_Clay!! Hooooooly shit! :eek: What a story! That is beeeeautiful. ((( :D ))) Wow! Congrats buddy!

Thanks for the thread Drop The Leash 10.
    Good call!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    was she hot ?????............

Yep. But she was with a big dude.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    shity!!
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    love black from night 2 and being introduced to wintersleep. love the song "orca"
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    wintersleep are an awsome band!! saw them a few times since pj, you should check them out if u dont know them!!
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Seeing the thread title made me laugh seeing as I remember reading stories on here about how some people from the US bought tickets to this show but booked a flight to Saint John, NB instead of St. John's, NF and were shocked when they arrived to find out that they were in the wrong city :) LOL.
    Back in the 80's, Canada and some other country were playing for the right to play in the World Cup (soccer). The game was held in St. John's. There was a bunch of fans from the other country that ended up in Saint John, NB and ended up watching the game on television. Can you imagine coming all that way for nothing?
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    These two shows are the only Pearl Jam shows I've seen, but they are by far the best concerts I've ever seen. The first one, especially. The band just seemed so happy and the mood seemed very celebratory for some reason.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Ya the first show rocked. The after party was just as good!