Options

My MSG I & II Experience

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Where do I begin? Got to the arena Tuesday at about 3pm. Waited for posters for 2 hrs, got two wristbands (one at each booth; they never put the thing on you at A). Went to Mustang Sally's thinking to meet up w/10Clubbers, but didn't see too many. Got a beer. Went to the show. We were in sec 70 seats 1 and 2 but went all the way down to the front of the section by the railing looking over the soundboard on stone's side. Quite a view.
Set and encores were okay imo only b/c I had been to Bonnaroo. If you compare the two side by side they're almost identical. At MSG, Encore 1 was prolly the only difference, and indifference was a good closer; never complain about that. Made eye contact with Matt during 1/2 Full, pointed his drumstick at me, smiled, then started playing again. Also got to see Eddie's brother, gf, and daughter for the first time along with great shots of the band. Got our posters, went back to the hotel, and got 10 hours of sleep.

Night 2 was a doozy. Got our tix; section 73 row F directly behind all the VIPs. Went to the bathroom at Penn Station then hopped into the poster line at 3:23. Waited in line til 5:51 until being the second group of 50 to be let in to get poster wristbands (only got 1 this time cuz i was outta money and my back was killing me from standing). Went to Triple Crown for dinner then went back to the arena. Talked to the VIP security guard who told us that Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon were sitting one row in front of us the previous night with the Olson twins and David Arquette in other seats.
Sure enough when PJ took the stage, the Olson twins along with their boyfriends, parents, and little brother (who told us he was a roadie's son).
Got phone pics of the twins. Ashley never turned around or took off her hat; Mary-Kate's bodyguard/manager had the night off and was drinking beers with us and actually gave Ashley one of the Zippo lighters (she had no idea what it was). Mary-Kate left for some reason after the Main set leaving her bf behind (who rocked out the entire time). Ashley came and went throughout the show (my friend figured she was doing blow hahaha).
The band was on fire tho. Opening with Release, hearing cropduster for the first time; playing rats, solat, black diamond with fuckin Ace Frehley, marker, garden, wishlist, last kiss for the back, and screwing up betterman was all priceless. I loved every minute. To top it all off, I got a copy of the setlist from a woman in PJ's crew!! I thanked her whole-heartedly then we left to get the poster and back to the hotel.
Can't wait to frame my night 2 ticket, setlist, and poster all together!!

Comments? Other personal stories about Night 1 or Night 2?
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    This sounds eerily similar to someone elses MSGI & II experience.
    I think the post is on the "Given to fly" forum. Check it out.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    I know, but nobody was replying over there :(
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4