Options

What Happened with Camden II

jsk175jsk175 Posts: 70
edited April 2008 in The Porch
So I have been trying to check the web site and message board daily to get info about Camden II. Unfortunetly they block the message it at my work so I cant check that as often, but I had been at least checking the web site daily. So I check the web site yesterday from work, nothing, I go out last night and my buddy calls me and asks if I got Camden II tickets. I thought he was smoking something since Camden II hadn't even been anounced yet. So I log on last night only that the 10C tickets were sold out. Im kinda pissed. What the hell happened? Did they just all of a sudden announce the show and immediatley put tickets on sale? I cant believe they was no announcment what so ever. Oh well, I guess theres always the lawn, and at least there playing a second show in Camden. So rock on to anyone whos going to both.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    The 10c tickets for Camden II were done as a reserve-only thing, and became concrete once the show was definite. Emails and the news page and a sticky all announced that would take place with plenty of fair warning (if you were checking every day like you claim).
    The Ticketmaster onsale was the surprise, as I don't think anyone knew it would go up at the same time as Camden I. But from the moment both shows went up, there were only lawn seats available anyhow.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    ok I understand the reserve thing, I guess my question is when did the reserve opportunity happen? I was on and kept waiting to hear for the chance to reserve tickets. I kept looking in goods, but didnt see anything. sorry about the typos by the way, I hate typing on laptops.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,104
    April 1st 9am. - 5pm. PST
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    the 2nd additional shows and reservations were announced back in March, right after the original shows were sold. And they sent out an email about it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Yeah, I just looked on the web site and noticed it, Damn it im an idiot!! alright well, now I know what happened. Thanks
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    13PJ13 wrote:
    The 10c tickets for Camden II were done as a reserve-only thing, and became concrete once the show was definite. Emails and the news page and a sticky all announced that would take place with plenty of fair warning (if you were checking every day like you claim).
    The Ticketmaster onsale was the surprise, as I don't think anyone knew it would go up at the same time as Camden I. But from the moment both shows went up, there were only lawn seats available anyhow.
    the ticketmaster onsale was no surprise.
    that happened in Oz, that happened with Ed and I think people said it happened in the US in 06 too.

I was expecting it the minute I looked at the tour schedule and saw those gaps: before the reservation was even mentioned, I had planned on being online for the general sale JUST to grab the additional shows.
    I was VERY pleased no end when 10c offered the reservations let me tell you :D..was dreading having to scramble through a TM sale!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    the ticketmaster onsale was no surprise.
    I just meant that there was no definitive warning from the 10c, as there had been about the pre-sale for the same show.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    jsk175 wrote:
    Yeah, I just looked on the web site and noticed it, Damn it im an idiot!! alright well, now I know what happened. Thanks
    Make sure your email address is up-to-date w/10c, because you should've received the announcement.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*