Options

What are the odds the birdy is bringing news of a full on tour?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Seems like PJ is doing the summer festival circuit, but what are the odds the birdy is going to tell us that Pearl Jam is actually doing a full on leg or several legs of a tour?

It would be great for those going to bonaroo or other festivals if this announcement is about those festivals, but it doesn’t mean much to those of us who aren’t going.

So what are the chances they are announcing a tour here folks?

In all honesty, I don’t think Ed is going to do a longer solo tour. It seems like it’s a one off deal, at least until the band splits up, which we all hope is a long time from now.

I don’t think I really understand in the slightest why in 2006 and the Ed solo tour, why Seattle was left on the list. Doesn’t make a damn bit of sense. Many of us here remember signing up for a contest on some cell phone website, where they said, the winner would get tickets to a “upcoming Pearl Jam seattle show”. Oddly enough no one of the board said they won, and no Seattle show was announced.

Bring on the Portland, Seattle and San Francisco shows!

Announce it already birdy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    doubt it's a full tour again without an album first, but something in relation to political activism, i.e. anothe vote for change or playing the dem & repub conventions would be my first guest.

Maybe that tour of the South that is long time coming :)
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    all the answers are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=276320
  • Options
    It would be awesome if this was a full tour, but I'm not holding my breath. Since 2000 full tours (as in world tours, I'm aware of VFC, The mostly-canadian tour and the euro dates last year) seem to come every three years. Plus if they were just in the studio it seems like the record won't be ready until fall - maybe, it seems like a full 60+ date tour wouldn't be until after the new record. I'm betting on an announcement of some select US dates (I would shit a brick if this included Bumbershoot at Seattle Center) or perhaps some new music being made available to download from their site. Who knows though, they follow their own spirit and have surprised me on many occasions.
  • Options
    7:1

I'll be taking bets until Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 11:59 PM.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I am betting some east coast EV dates- Boston, NYC, Philly, DC Chicago.

or announcing they may be playing virgin fest or ACL- I think those are the only two big festivals left that have not been announced.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I am betting some east coast EV dates- Boston, NYC, Philly, DC Chicago.
    This is what I'm thinking. :)
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    new album and s american and n american and european and australian tour

thats what i think...
    one love

respect
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    What the heck, I'll go with a 2 month tour.......i guess we'll see next week!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    My guess is June & July, 25 dates or so, and some concentration on northeast, south, and west coast.

But what do I know?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    hiding wrote:
    new album and s american and n american and european and australian tour

thats what i think...

Haha.......that´s all? :D
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    If it's more ev solo dates, i'll have to fuckin shoot that birdy. Fuck that!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Is this birdy the type that spends some time in FLORIDA?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    maybe they feel touring appx. every three years isn't enough, dmb tours every year, tom petty tours almost every year and they've been around 30 years and still put on a great show, maybe they feel like they're missing out and kind of got an itch to tour and play some shows, i can only hope
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Remember, They do not need to do (nor are we entitled to) a full on tour during a non-album cycle. If they are just adding a fest (maybe Austin) or more EV solo dayes, that should be news that gets people excited, not bummed because of their high expectations. With that said, heres to hoping for a full on tour.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    If they are going back in studio like it's been said....then I can see something like what they did in 2005 with the pre-album tour. It kinda seems logical?
  • Options
    please be austin city limits
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    bovy_j wrote:
    If they are going back in studio like it's been said....then I can see something like what they did in 2005 with the pre-album tour. It kinda seems logical?

i agree, i'd guess around 15, maybe 20 cities. NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago, South
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    If Eddie's West Coast dates weren't tweeted why would they do a tweet a week before for East Coast dates.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    I wish Kat would just eat the birdie already. This thing has been around too long.

However, I think it would be incredibly cool to get pearl jam birdie t-shirt. It should be an image of big bird with an obvious stickman tattoo. Or if someone wore a bird costume to a show and sat in the first few rows. Only people on the board would get the birdie correlation, but that would make me laugh til I cried.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    i agree, i'd guess around 15, maybe 20 cities. NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago, South

2 legs would be nice. Some Canadian dates maybe? North east USA? :D
  • Options
    AndreJamAndreJam Posts: 10
    bovy_j wrote:

Yeah, I strong believe in that!!!!!

SOUTH AMERICA TOUR
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Seems like PJ is doing the summer festival circuit, but what are the odds the birdy is going to tell us that Pearl Jam is actually doing a full on leg or several legs of a tour?

It would be great for those going to bonaroo or other festivals if this announcement is about those festivals, but it doesn’t mean much to those of us who aren’t going.

So what are the chances they are announcing a tour here folks?

In all honesty, I don’t think Ed is going to do a longer solo tour. It seems like it’s a one off deal, at least until the band splits up, which we all hope is a long time from now.

I don’t think I really understand in the slightest why in 2006 and the Ed solo tour, why Seattle was left on the list. Doesn’t make a damn bit of sense. Many of us here remember signing up for a contest on some cell phone website, where they said, the winner would get tickets to a “upcoming Pearl Jam seattle show”. Oddly enough no one of the board said they won, and no Seattle show was announced.

Bring on the Portland, Seattle and San Francisco shows!

Announce it already birdy!
    I understand they haven't actually played within the Seattle city limits since early 2005. But it is not as though our region was forgotten by any stretch of the imagination. I seem to remember 3 AMAZING Gorge shows in 2005 and 2006.

Why Ed skipped Seattle on his little solo tour is another question al together - that makes absolutely no sense to me at all. That could be made right though with me if he (Ed) opened up for Pearl Jam, say at a July Gorge show this summer. :D
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    slim and none, and none left town?
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Oh, I think it will be Pearl Jam tour news!! I feel quite confident.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    slim and none, and none left town?

Say you Will?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    In 06, how soon did they put tickets up after announcing shows? I am piss broke and couldn't even afford to renew my membership [im in that 90 day grace period] and certainly won't be able to afford a single show.

First time I'm worried it will actually be a tour :( Hoping for a Radiohead type album, but eh, whatever.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I'm really hoping for a PJ tour. I would be excited with more Eddie Vedder dates up here in Ontario.
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    In 06, how soon did they put tickets up after announcing shows? I am piss broke and couldn't even afford to renew my membership [im in that 90 day grace period] and certainly won't be able to afford a single show.

First time I'm worried it will actually be a tour :( Hoping for a Radiohead type album, but eh, whatever.
    April 9th & April 18th for tickets to the July 2006 Gorge shows.
  • Options
    However, I think it would be incredibly cool to get pearl jam birdie t-shirt.

there is a pearl jam bird shirt.

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/product.spring?categoryId=1&sku=1139
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    They are gunna anounce that they are all moving to the south and will only play concerts down there FOR EVER
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE