Options

missed the dusseldorf... can copenhagen repent?

amiramir Posts: 131
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I am having a very busy week and i just totally missed the sale.
I'm not a big poster player, so my question is.

If i got a copenhagen, could i concievably trade for a dusseldorf or is that stretching it?

Thanks,
Amir
4/9/06 Lisbon
5/9/06 Lisbon
7/9/06 Madrid
30/06/10 Berlin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I may be wrong but I don't think there is a snowballs chance in Cairo. Sorry dude.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    amir wrote:

If i got a copenhagen, could i concievably trade for a dusseldorf or is that stretching it?

Thanks,
    Amir

Only if you trade with someone who's officially insane
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    ok, thanks for your candid response...
    i can't believe i missed it... :(
    Is it because the copenhagen is bad or that dusseldorf is too good?

I mean, could it be compared to other non crazy sought after klausens?
    or is it really weak?
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I would wait for the London poster then try. I bet there will be a higher demand for the London.

I'm not too thrilled about the Copenhagen...I actually think it looks like something that has already been done
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    the dussel is one of the most sought after and considered one of BKs best

the copenhagen is not

its really that simple
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I would wait for the London poster then try. I bet there will be a higher demand for the London.

I'm not too thrilled about the Copenhagen...I actually think it looks like something that has already been done

What does london look like?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    What does london look like?

Wow.. when I saw London I thought it was ugly.. It was an Ames, but was there a BK London that I missed or something?

hmmm
    Just me
  • Options
    This is the only London I know of from 07' http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/62019

Interesting.
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    Wow.. when I saw London I thought it was ugly.. It was an Ames, but was there a BK London that I missed or something?

hmmm

Yeah it is an Ames, but I think it's pretty cool. It's really old school. I don't know, I just know it will have a higher demand than Copenhagen...that one looks bland both design and colorwise.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/62019
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Yeah it is an Ames, but I think it's pretty cool. It's really old school. I don't know, I just know it will have a higher demand than Copenhagen...that one looks bland both design and colorwise.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/62019

I haven't seen it, but I have heard there is some metallic ink on Copenhagen that is quite nice...anyhow, if you are only picking it up as a "trade piece", I'd skip it and let someone else have it. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    I haven't seen it, but I have heard there is some metallic ink on Copenhagen that is quite nice...anyhow, if you are only picking it up as a "trade piece", I'd skip it and let someone else have it. Just my two cents.

oh yeah, I'm not getting one. I only get the ones I want and have never traded. I was just making a suggestion for Amir if he wanted one he missed out on
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    amir wrote:

Thanks,
    Amir
    won't happen.
    I bought mine at the Copenhagen show solely for that purpose (I knew straight after the Dusseldorf show I'd been a dumbass not getting one..and I thought a Klausen for another would work) but it's been on EB since then to no avail.

If anyone is interested though ...:D
  • Options
    ok,

The thing is that basically, this is the only way to get posters cheap, so if i can trade it for other "normal" posters, i might think of that. Im not looking for something that will allow me to get a DC or a Gorge.

Like i'd really like a philly 05 or a grand rapids 06 (which i just think look neat) which arent real hard ones, right? Would that make sense.
    Sorry for all the questions, im just trying to grasp the rate of exchange here :)

Thanks
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    look around on expressobeans to try to get a guage of the prices, the higher the price the more in demand it is. You never know though, since art is in the eye of the beholder, you could end up trading a copenhagen for a dusseldorf (though your chances don't look too good). I've traded a few posters that were worth more for posters that i liked better but were also worth less. As well as the other way around too.

You just have to keep working until you find a fair trade you want.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    but the prices don't tell you the full story.
    for instance, both philly 05 and grand rapids 06 have an average price of much less than the copenhagen one.
    Does that mean that i will be able to get a trade like that?
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,711
    Quite simply no would be the response to the original poster
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Quite simply no would be the response to the original poster

i already understood the answer to my original question, am now asking more detailed questions....
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    amir wrote:
    but the prices don't tell you the full story.
    for instance, both philly 05 and grand rapids 06 have an average price of much less than the copenhagen one.
    Does that mean that i will be able to get a trade like that?

since philly 05 and grand rapids are worth less than copen, it should be very easy for you to trade copen for either of them.

Simply, the higher the price of the poster, the rarer or more in demand it is. If copen is worth 60, and the 2 you want are each worth 30, trade 2 for 1 so it's fair.

not sure how much simpler i can make this.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    a5pj wrote:
    look around on expressobeans to try to get a guage of the prices, the higher the price the more in demand it is. You never know though, since art is in the eye of the beholder, you could end up trading a copenhagen for a dusseldorf (though your chances don't look too good). I've traded a few posters that were worth more for posters that i liked better but were also worth less. As well as the other way around too.

You just have to keep working until you find a fair trade you want.

good advice and a great place to start
    the prices do tell you about demand