NOBLESVILLE Pre-Party, Fundraisers & Post-Party!!!

1141516171820»

Comments

• dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    tbhooptie wrote:
    Hey Indy folk!!

I am not leaving as early as I wanted to be... probably about 1:30 from Cincinnati. That means we will hit 465 at roughly 4:00 pm... will it be a mess at that point?

I found an alternative route taking me up Route 9... to State Road 234...to N County Road... through the town of Fortville... pretty much dumping me out on Greenfield which takes me right to Verizon Wireless Music Center....

My GPS only has it being about 10 min. longer than going via 465... think it is worth it at 4:00 pm?

You might be okay taking the interstate that early. I-74 between Cincy and Indy doesn't have much traffic so you might make it hear quicker than you expect to.

If you do decide to take Hwy 9, I usually go Hwy 9 to US 52 W and then head North on 600W (Mt Comfort Rd) that turns into Olio Rd.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    dougfloyd wrote:
    tbhooptie wrote:
    Hey Indy folk!!

I am not leaving as early as I wanted to be... probably about 1:30 from Cincinnati. That means we will hit 465 at roughly 4:00 pm... will it be a mess at that point?

I found an alternative route taking me up Route 9... to State Road 234...to N County Road... through the town of Fortville... pretty much dumping me out on Greenfield which takes me right to Verizon Wireless Music Center....

My GPS only has it being about 10 min. longer than going via 465... think it is worth it at 4:00 pm?

You might be okay taking the interstate that early. I-74 between Cincy and Indy doesn't have much traffic so you might make it hear quicker than you expect to.

If you do decide to take Hwy 9, I usually go Hwy 9 to US 52 W and then head North on 600W (Mt Comfort Rd) that turns into Olio Rd.

Awesome... then I will stick with the highways... just easier.

Dont need to be traveling down some country roads and get all ass backwards then end up in Fort Wayne!
  • paradisevendorparadisevendor Posts: 46
    edited May 2010
    Take this for what its worth but we got there early last night. Got to hear McCreedy do a two song acoustic set with Eddie introducing him. Covered "Dead Flowers" by the greatest band in the world. Band of Horses is badass! And our boys did not disappoint! (Had to edit all those misspellings, still buzzed up)
    Post edited by paradisevendor on
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    SO SO SO SOooooo PUMPED
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    So again, thanks to everyone who organized and ran the event, great fun as usual, great crowd! All the event info was awesome. So many things done so well! Perfect place to have it, even if the weather shut down the local band. Nice and close, bar staff was fun, vids and music were great. Spirits were soaring....

Few lessons to be learned of course, as at any event -- make sure the mic you're using to call raffle numbers is actually hooked into sound system. you were broadcasting to the dining room only, not the bar area.

And WTF happened to all the donations??!?!? You folks who promised items for the raffle or auction and didn't deliver SUCK! And what was with the photos? Were those photos of posters to be claimed later?!?! They raffled off a lot of just 4x6 photos???

Don't get me wrong, I would have just dropped 20 into the charity bucket regardless -- but don't tease us.

Have to laugh, best way to win at the raffle? Have some random dude hand you a single raffle ticket -- think I talked to two girls who won something that way!!! GOOD PLAN on both parties!

Or be a kid! BD's kid won I think?
    [sic] happens
  • The pictures were pictures of the posters. Yeah it was a good time at Mo's. Great show, great time.
  • By the way, does anyone have any good pictures from the middle section. I have a couple of decent ones (like two) because I was just using camera phone. If anyone does, please PM me. I'd prefer that they were from the center section near front (since that is where I was). Sat about 6 seats away from Indianapolis TE Dallas Clark.
  • SillyPJGirlSillyPJGirl Posts: 20
    Okay, just wanna say that I'm SOOOO bummed that I missed the pre-party! I am one of those people that had a donation that didn't even make it to the hotel until 7:00 p.m. due to the horrible traffic! It took us over 4 hours to get to Noblesville from Chicago -- it should have only taken about 2.5 hrs. I felt horrible that I couldn't get there with my donation on time...I'm gonna guess that there were several other people that had the same problem. I'm just sayin'...
    "Consider me a satellite forever orbiting, I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...Guaranteed."
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Ah! Doh -- that makes sense, folks stuck in traffic. And photos of posters make sense, sheesh, i woulda paid more attention had I done figured dat out! Wonder if my ticket is sitting there taped to a poster photo? I'm sure it is!

Oh well, didn't see much vinyl, tons of posters though, dat's cool!

Festive nonetheless!
    [sic] happens
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I had a donation of food for the food bank, but just like most people - traffic did us in. Got to Cambria right as the storms were hitting (around 7). Didn't want to walk the opposite direction of the venue to get to Mo's in a thunderstorm. We waited in the hotel until after 8 and walked straight to the venue. I'm bummed we missed it.

Oh well - the food donation will still be made here locally so I guess that's what really matters.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    acutejam wrote:

Have to laugh, best way to win at the raffle? Have some random dude hand you a single raffle ticket -- think I talked to two girls who won something that way!!! GOOD PLAN on both parties!

Or be a kid! BD's kid won I think?
    Yes he did :mrgreen: Twice!

And the pleasure of telling him that he had to share with his brother went over like a sack of beans :lol:
    But he did...

THAT was a great pre-party and it was such a pleasure meeting everyone :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif